Menu

Clogged ears....help!!

I have been suffering with sinus Issues for over two weeks!! I have finished a round of antibiotics for the sinus.infection and definitely don't feel sick anymore. I have been taking sudafed and doing sinus rinses, most of my sinus problems are gone. No more jaw and tooth pain, I can breathe easily, I have energy. What I don't have are ears!! I have spoken with my docs and pharmacist, the sudafed is what is recomended for unclogging ears.

Anybody have any amazing home remedies for clogged ears? My balance does not seem to be affected, just my hearing. Mainly on my left side. I tried heat yesterday, I think it might have helped a tiny bit.

My docs said that being pregnant, the sinuses just take longer to clear....I really hope this clears up before I go into labor!

Apple Cider Vinegar. It's a natural mucus thinner. Get some Bragg's RAW ACV and drink 1-2 T every couple hours for a day and see if it starts draining.

* a bit of a warning. It's Naaaaasty. They say to mix it with water and sip it but I couldn't get it down. I pour it in a shot glass and shoot it and follow it with a LOT of water. But it works. And next time you start feeling all sinus-y, take some right away and it will help ward off a sinus infection.

eta- Since you are PG, I would get the regular store not raw ACV. Just to be safe.

Edited by Munchkins_mama

Are you sure you don't have wax build up? If so you'll need to irrigate to get the wax out. It can take multiple tries. We just went through this with my 11yr old and it took them about 30 mins. of irrigating to get all the wax out. Have someone look in your ear with a flashlight and see if there's wax there.

You can do it yourself at home first though. Get warm water with a little hydrogen perioxide in a bowl. Using a bulb syringe squirt the water into the ear (using as much pressure as possible). Google around to look at the technique.

Are you sure you don't have wax build up? If so you'll need to irrigate to get the wax out. It can take multiple tries. We just went through this with my 11yr old and it took them about 30 mins. of irrigating to get all the wax out. Have someone look in your ear with a flashlight and see if there's wax there.

You can do it yourself at home first though. Get warm water with a little hydrogen perioxide in a bowl. Using a bulb syringe squirt the water into the ear (using as much pressure as possible). Google around to look at the technique.

The doctor did look in my ears, and confirmed sinus congestion as the cause. I had an earache when I first went in.

I think we have some Apple cider vinegar, DH took it.for heartburn for a.while....I will look around.