Menu

Easy Grammar and Daily Grams question - Do we finish last years or move on?

Once

I need to know if I should have my dd finish her Easy Grammar level three or just move on to the next level. She has finished about 2/3 of it and I would like to finish it as I am not sure she has totally mastered it.

We started Rod and Staff last August but at Christmas it became so challenging that I thought it best to move to the drill workbook style to cement the learning so I chose EG. She likes it but I do not want to discourage her.

Anyone ever btdt or have an opinion to share.

I found that each book (Easy Grammar) stressed a couple of new concepts and teaches those thoroughly. Then in the next book, those topics are considered "taught" and only a quick review is given and a couple of different concepts are then thoroughly taught - and so on. So if your child is quick with grammar and you don't mind teaching the concepts a little on your own...then you "could" just skip to the next book.

Having saying that.....BUt......

One thing I have learned from home schooling is to try not to worry about the grade level or completion of a text within a "school year" and just go with the flow of what my kids are able to do - not because of the calendar or the textbook author's idea of what is a year's worth of work. As a former school teacher, this has been really hard for me to do. But whenever I do it, everyone is happier and learning is quicker and so much more positive! So I'd probably just continue on in the book we left off in!

Myra

Myra