Menu

What homeschool/lesson planners work with ipad?

I am going to be spending more time out of the home this next year and will be taking my ipad around with me to the library, coop, etc....

Is there a lesson planner for ipad that is easy to use?

Does the Well Planned Day planner work with the ipad?

Dawn

The new Well Planned Day software is eventually supposed to have apps that will allow you to use it on the go. I purchased the Beta, and honestly....I'm not too impressed so far. Nothing really works. :sad:

That said, if they are able to get everything working by August like they have been promising, it seems like it will be pretty awesome.

I have been experimenting with the Paperless app, that someone else on here mentioned. If you are a "do the next thing" type teacher you might like it. It's a to-do app, doesn't sync yet (phooey), but it does have a lot of flexibility for adding notes, etc.

Basically I add each lesson (plus notes) as an "item," then I can just go down the list each day and do the next lesson. I don't have to worry about dates or bumping...just doing the next lesson on the list. HTH!

I saw that, but the reviews don't seem very good.

I need something that is very easy to use.

Dawn

I have iplan lessons from home educators. I haven't started trying to use it but it is in the app store. I'm hoping to start using it in the next few weeks as I start planning to start up in August.

I like their paper planners so if this WILL work, I would be thrilled, but I feel like I am taking a chance......

The new Well Planned Day software is eventually supposed to have apps that will allow you to use it on the go. I purchased the Beta, and honestly....I'm not too impressed so far. Nothing really works. :sad:

That said, if they are able to get everything working by August like they have been promising, it seems like it will be pretty awesome.

I have been experimenting with the Paperless app, that someone else on here mentioned. If you are a "do the next thing" type teacher you might like it. It's a to-do app, doesn't sync yet (phooey), but it does have a lot of flexibility for adding notes, etc.

Basically I add each lesson (plus notes) as an "item," then I can just go down the list each day and do the next lesson. I don't have to worry about dates or bumping...just doing the next lesson on the list. HTH!

I use Scholaric and love it! It is web based, but I only use it on my iPad and it shows up well and I have no problems with it. The developer is always taking requests and is always upgrading the software. I especially love the bump feature where you can bump your assignments ahead or back a day if you get off schedule.

And you can't beat the price! (well I guess technically you can if you use a free program) it is $1/month per student with a $5 max. There's a free trial so check it out!

Before switching to OLLY, I had Paperless working really well as a planner.

On the surface, it just looked like a checklist (and if you need attendance tracking etc it won't do what you need) but it was shockingly flexible; I had a thread with OhElizabeth about how I was using it a while back.

OLLY is supposed to come out with an ipad version later this summer.

If OLLY comes out with an ipad version, that would indeed be awesome. For right now I'm using the app Errands to put in all my plans. It wouldn't be as elegant for multiple students, but for one student it's perfectly adequate. I used Paperless last year, yes, and Errands is a step up. Instead of just being checklists, it allows you to create folders of tasks, chose whether those are checklists or not, and have further checklists on the notes in those. It's a "to do" app, so after you have all your things inputted you can go in and assign dates, bump them, etc. It automatically collates them into daily and upcoming task folders. Then when they're marked as done, they appear in the completed folder. It's basically everything I need for one student. I've been toying around the idea of getting a 2nd ipad so dd could have her own for reading and have her own Errands app with all her stuff, allowing me to keep the stuff for ds separate. It would take a little more creativity to figure out how to make it work for multiple kids in one app.

Oooohhhhh....the bolded I NEED! We have so many of those days for various reasons that I find I can't schedule more than a couple weeks ahead for fear I will have to rewrite all of it!

Dawn

I use Scholaric and love it! It is web based, but I only use it on my iPad and it shows up well and I have no problems with it. The developer is always taking requests and is always upgrading the software. I especially love the bump feature where you can bump your assignments ahead or back a day if you get off schedule.

And you can't beat the price! (well I guess technically you can if you use a free program) it is $1/month per student with a $5 max. There's a free trial so check it out!

Question about bumping......does it just bump that one subject to the next day, adding it to the other math scheduled, or does it bump all your math by one day? Or can you just set it to do either?

Dawn

Olly has a free one month trial. I suggest you simply get it and enter in your summer plans or a couple months of a few subjects and see what you think. I liked it a lot. There were some quirks, but it general it was quite good. I just wanted something that was immediately on my ipad. I like the pleasure of being able to schedule anywhere, not only in one room of my house.

As far as Errands, it has a free version you can play with too I think. You put in all the lessons WITHOUT due dates. Then go through just a week's worth and add dates. So if you need to bump, it's not as tidy as Olly where it's bumping everything, but it's also not a huge problem to bump just those 5 either, kwim?

Ok, I downloaded the free trial of Olly but it isn't working. I click on the little triangle to add something and it says "multiple validation errors occurred." That even pops up after every item line I type in the admin boxes. Either I am doing something wrong or it isn't working for me.

I cannot add any assignments or any calendar data.

Dawn

I have been playing around with a few to find one I like for the iPad for this year. Not a huge fan of homeschool tracker online, but it is an option. I am keeping my eye on Well Planned Day software, but I am disappointed in what I have heard so far. If they can do all they want to it will be great, but that remains to be seen. My favorite so far is scholaric.com simple, but gets it done.

Question about bumping......does it just bump that one subject to the next day, adding it to the other math scheduled, or does it bump all your math by one day? Or can you just set it to do either?

Dawn

I think Scholaric can be either way? I know it used to be it would bump math and then all math would get bumped a day, but now I think there is an option to only bump one, but not 100% sure...

Thanks.

I would like either way. Sometimes we just need to move on an do double and sometimes i can just let it get bumped (and sometimes I just need to DELETE! :D)

I think Scholaric can be either way? I know it used to be it would bump math and then all math would get bumped a day, but now I think there is an option to only bump one, but not 100% sure...

The thing is, I really do LIKE WPD in their paper planner. If they truly will get it up and running like they need to by the start of the school year, I will be thrilled, but of course, I want the discount, which runs out at the end of July.

I supposed I could do paper planning as usual and switch when they get their act together.

Dawn

I have been playing around with a few to find one I like for the iPad for this year. Not a huge fan of homeschool tracker online, but it is an option. I am keeping my eye on Well Planned Day software, but I am disappointed in what I have heard so far. If they can do all they want to it will be great, but that remains to be seen. My favorite so far is scholaric.com simple, but gets it done.

Does the Well Planned Day allow this as well? Anyone know?

Dawn

In today's webinar for the Well Planned software they said the user will be able to bump an assignment individually or as a group. Also, it will allow you to bump a lesson forward and double up on a day if desired.