Menu

why doesn't MUS have daily drill sheets?

kfeusse

I'm not that familiar with MUS, but Singapore doesn't have math fact drill either. With Singapore I think the idea is to focus on conceptual understanding, rather than just rote memorization. Games and other activities are suggested as ways of repeatedly working with the numbers so that quick recall is eventually achieved. There are, of course, lots of other things you can add to a program if you want more drill, like flash cards, worksheets printed from online sources, games, and computer programs.

We didn't use drill sheets in Gamma. I had a set of Wrap-ups and for fun we used the Brownie Math Toys and Thinkin' Logs. Oh, and when those got tiring I made our own cards for Sorry with math equations on them that had to be solved in order to move. And Memory math-up cards (equation on one, answer on the other), and pick up sticks.

Edited by Lily_Grace

We didn't use drill sheets in Gamma. I had a set of Wrap-ups and for fun we used the Brownie Math Toys and Thinkin' Logs. Oh, and when those got tiring I made our own cards for Sorry with math equations on them that had to be solved in order to move. And Memory math-up cards (equation on one, answer on the other), and pick up sticks.

these are GREAT ideas...I LOVE them...

if anybody has any other ideas like this, I would be open to it.

Kathy