Menu

Foreign Language curriculum?

malleyfam

I have a rising 3rd and 9th grader. We started using The Learnables Spanish this past year. My 9th grader finished year 1, and I'm going slower with my 3rd grader. In the beginning, all you do is listen to the CD while looking at pictures. This takes about 20 minutes a day. It is kinda boring (both of my dc would agree), but my dd is able to listen to the phrases and know the meaning. It is total immersion. I'm enjoying learning it as well. My son is in the workbook stage which would be easy enough for your children. Not a lot of writing. We bought year 2, which is a sure sign that I am happy with a program.

I wanted to add that this is NOT a fun and games type of curriculum, so if you are looking for more of a fun intro to Spanish, this is not it. I'm thinking about adding in some of my own fun items for my dd. Maybe make a board game with colors, numbers, days of the week, etc. We like to watch a kids show on the Spanish channel about animals. Cant think of the name, but its one that you don't need to understand to enjoy. (Great videos of animals) Then we pick out which words we recognize and just laugh at the animals.

• 2 weeks later...