Menu

Simply Charlotte Mason DVDs: good value for $?

I asked this question specifically about the Planning Your CM Education over on the SCM boards. The answer I got from several people was that, while the DVD was helpful, you could easily use just the manual. I ended up finding the manual and DVD (2008 version) for less than I would have paid for just the manual new, so I picked them up. They just came yesterday!

I have seen several say that the All-Day seminar is worth it. I plan to buy the seminar + Laying Down the Rails package from SCM in the near future!

Thank you, everybody -- I feel much encouraged! I'm leaning towards the Planning DVDs as well as the All Day ones, b/c (as some pps mentioned) I'm hoping it helps focus me on finishing the planning book. Plus, I am just not going to get to a hsing convention in the next few years, and it seems a treat to have a sort of virtual seminar/convention moment!

thanks again. :)

Thank you, everybody -- I feel much encouraged! I'm leaning towards the Planning DVDs as well as the All Day ones, b/c (as some pps mentioned) I'm hoping it helps focus me on finishing the planning book. Plus, I am just not going to get to a hsing convention in the next few years, and it seems a treat to have a sort of virtual seminar/convention moment!

thanks again. :)

I agree! I have yet to make it to a convention, so the DVD's will be a special treat!

I've been curious about them for a LOOOONG time. I have loved all the MP3's I've picked up & I have the Laying Down The Rails E-book.

If you use say Sonlight, would you still think that the seminars are worth it? When i first saw them & hung out over there we schooled a bit differently, but this is where we are now & I don't see it changing anytime soon. I've been wondering if they'd still be worth it. I was thinking of getting them for this summer if they would be.. :D

I've been curious about them for a LOOOONG time. I have loved all the MP3's I've picked up & I have the Laying Down The Rails E-book.

If you use say Sonlight, would you still think that the seminars are worth it? When i first saw them & hung out over there we schooled a bit differently, but this is where we are now & I don't see it changing anytime soon. I've been wondering if they'd still be worth it. I was thinking of getting them for this summer if they would be.. :D

Sorry to answer your question with a question, but what do you think of Laying Down the Rails? I am wanting to pick it up.

We are moving from Sonlight to Truthquest and SCM. What a blessing to have so many choices!