Menu

Lost package protocol?

Last month, I sold 3 items to one person, totaling $29. I made sure to get delivery confirmation because I have been burned in the past. The package is officially lost in the mail at some point after the third sorting facility.

What is the correct way to handle this?

Last month, I sold 3 items to one person, totaling $29. I made sure to get delivery confirmation because I have been burned in the past. The package is officially lost in the mail at some point after the third sorting facility.

What is the correct way to handle this?

Since the post office is saying it is lost, you need to refund the buyer's money. It doesn't matter if the buyer didn't ask you to buy insurance. It is up to the seller to deliver the goods... if that can't happen, then a refund is warranted.

Since the post office is saying it is lost, you need to refund the buyer's money. It doesn't matter if the buyer didn't ask you to buy insurance. It is up to the seller to deliver the goods... if that can't happen, then a refund is warranted.

:iagree: You can request the PO do a search, but it's not the buyers responsibility to buy insurance, it's the seller's. So you need to refund the purchase price if the package can't be found. The seller of goods needs to make sure the items get to the purchaser, I know there's been a lot of back and forth about this on the forums, but honestly if Rainbow or CBD said to customers "Well you didn't buy insurance on your package so too bad so sad" we'd all be mad. I know we're small sellers but you're still promising to deliver goods when you post a for sale ad.

:iagree: You can request the PO do a search, but it's not the buyers responsibility to buy insurance, it's the seller's. So you need to refund the purchase price if the package can't be found. The seller of goods needs to make sure the items get to the purchaser, I know there's been a lot of back and forth about this on the forums, but honestly if Rainbow or CBD said to customers "Well you didn't buy insurance on your package so too bad so sad" we'd all be mad. I know we're small sellers but you're still promising to deliver goods when you post a for sale ad.

:iagree:

Since, as a seller, I once had a package open and books come out on route. I'm now careful about getting insurance. I refunded the buyer enough to cover the missing books. The buyer was understandably disappointed but considered it a fair deal.