Menu

s/o "remuda's brother's band" WTM band/art/talent share thread!

Some days I feel so old, frumpy, and mom-elicious. I used to do more than home edumacate my children.

I used to be in a band. We went on small tours, we played with all the cool indie bands of the 90s, we were on college radio and in obscure magazines. We were on the top ten for some college radio stations in across the US, Australia, NZ, and Belgium. Rarely was the wattage very high, so unless you lived on the campus, I doubt you would've heard it. ;) We played at the CMJ music festival twice (NYC), and some others too. We played it once when I was 8 months pregnant with my first child. We played our last show when I was pregnant with my second.

Well, despite all that....none of you would've heard of us. :D

So... in an effort to not disappear into obscurity, and to satisfy the outgoing/creative side of my personality... here is some of my stuff. This really mattered to me for a long time. I wax nostalgic.

Here is my old band....

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Radiolaria/227786257312220?bookmark_t=page

music only (only from albums) http://cmreynard.com/radiolaria/

Videos:

one to my son's failed lego video

a "real" video

random videos

When I am bored, and my husband is playing a show with his band, I throw together a short video for a song. I will be working on a new one on Saturday, I think.

And here is my husband's stuff....

http://www.mmattei.com/music.htm

(some of his website is for mature audiences only...he likes arresting images) http://www.mmattei.com/discography.htm

I think he is on album 15, I stopped keeping track. :) With the exception of one song, if there's a girl singing backup, it's me. ;)

If you want to look at his art/photography etc. go ahead. :) It gets the same mature audiences only label, except for his Italian photographs.

And as I am laying it all out there... here is my mother and grandmother's website. http://www.hunt-wulkowicz.com/ it is TOTALLY out of date. :D

PLEASE SHARE YOUR TALENT!!!!

My talent if photography. I have lots of other hobbies that I enjoy, but this is the one that uses my creativity. I took these in Yosemite a couple of years ago. I have done a ton of nature photography, a couple of weddings, and lots of pics of dd and other family.

My dh has been the lead singer in a rock band for years. They play all the cool clubs in Manhattan and they've even been on the radio (some "homegrown" segment). All the members do have day jobs, though - dh is an ad exec.

So do you have any links? My brother lives in Manhattan...(Brownie's was my favorite place to play, in NYC)

I only know one local musician (and only a few others) who DOESN'T have a day job. :D Actually, my husband is designing his newest album cover in the other room...

If your husband needs any illustration work, my husband is awesome! :lol: Seriously.

Edited by radiobrain

Oh! SO jealous of all you musicians- I am a total wannabe :)

Thanks for that fb page, Korin, it was awesome!

My last piece of art (that I got paid for) was an installation in a group show at a small gallery in Berlin. I was not there to install it myself, so worked with another artist there. The show was on Identity though Objects. My piece was a cubicle that one could sit in, and watch a series of projections (photographs and text set to music).

My concept was based on a true story- I once found this intriguing 60's era sequined dance outfit at the thrift store (obviously handmade) with a tag inside labeled 'Peaches'. A week later, at a different thrift store across town, I found another outfit! I began haunting the stores, ending up with a collection of several outfits, trip, and a hat with feathers. I became obsessed with Peaches! Who was she? The photographs were of a friend dressed in the peaches outfits, in various spaces, while the text told the story of self-discovery through the outfits.

Ok, I know that sound all crazy, but it was so fun, and hey! I got real Euros for it! :D I have some test photos somewhere of me in one of the outfits- I'll try to link it later.

Thanks for this thread! Tons of fun to recall that project.

I've got a very neglected blog where I post knitting projects. Usually just the ones I'm really happy with, hence the "very neglected" status.

sticksandastring.blogspot.com

DH is electronically creative....he's got a job repairing guitar amplifiers, but on the side he designs guitar effect pedals. There are two currently in production. Here's what they sound like:

I don't post much, but just had to say that I wish I could be so creative!

My 15dd enjoys creating, though; she definitely did not get it from me, lol. Here is her deviantART account dd15's DA page. I know it's a weird name but the site is apparently "the" place to be for the young artist. :lol:

And yes ALL of these were done freehand! :D

DD16 is actually quite good also, and has gotten asked to do concept art for a video game. She has a very, very different style from her sister, though. Sadly for me, she is uber private and wouldn't like me to link her account.

I hope more people post their/their families creations. It's a distraction from the heat, lol.

Georgia

So do you have any links? My brother lives in Manhattan...(Brownie's was my favorite place to play, in NYC)

I only know one local musician (and only a few others) who DOESN'T have a day job. :D Actually, my husband is designing his newest album cover in the other room...

If your husband needs any illustration work, my husband is awesome! :lol: Seriously.

Here's one of their pages. (lower your volume, lol)

They've played at Le Bar Bat, Kenny's Castaway, Acme Underground, The Knitting Factory, Hog's & Heifers, Finally Fred's, The Village Underground, Continental, Blaggards, Tribeca Rock Club, and a bunch of others.

LOL, I'll ask if they need illustration work. :001_smile: