Menu

Swiffer Wet Jet-do you have this; do you like it? Anything better?

We have a Swiffer and the cleaner solution that comes with it gives me a headache. My only other quick cleaning method is to spritz water on the floor and skate over it with a microfiber cloth for each foot. :tongue_smilie:

My kids used to do this when we had laminate flooring.

We use a Swiffer, but with tile I have to scrub the grout every so often anyways. The swiffer is good for light cleaning, but not much more.

I bought this Rubbermaid one recently. I like that I can mix up my own solution for it.

:iagree:

I wouldn't even consider a Swiffer with the Rubbermaid available. My husband bought a Swiffer and it now lives in a downstairs closet because of the hassle of having to use the Swiffer refills. The Rubbermaid one is the same idea, but better.

I bought this Rubbermaid one recently. I like that I can mix up my own solution for it.

I bought this one a few months ago to replace our Wet Jet. I have always hated the Swiffer solution for its excessive cost, waste, and smell, so I like the ability to use my own natural cleaner. My only complaint about the Rubbermaid mop is that the solution bottle will sometimes fall out if the mop is turned too far sideways. Overall, it is a great way to do daily maintenance cleaning and is very easy for my children to use.

This one is nice, but just a warning, if you let your kids use it make sure they know to remove the pad after using it and toss it in the wash. Mine used it to clean up a milk spill and didn't take the cloth off, well the cloth got nasty and moldy and STUNK!!! Even after repeated washings I couldn't get that smell out.

I bought this one a few months ago to replace our Wet Jet. I have always hated the Swiffer solution for its excessive cost, waste, and smell, so I like the ability to use my own natural cleaner. My only complaint about the Rubbermaid mop is that the solution bottle will sometimes fall out if the mop is turned too far sideways. Overall, it is a great way to do daily maintenance cleaning and is very easy for my children to use.

I specifically bought it so my DD8 could do the wood floors. Do you make sure to "click" the bottle down when you use it? There's a rubber gasket on mine that makes it fit pretty darn well.

This one is nice, but just a warning, if you let your kids use it make sure they know to remove the pad after using it and toss it in the wash. Mine used it to clean up a milk spill and didn't take the cloth off, well the cloth got nasty and moldy and STUNK!!! Even after repeated washings I couldn't get that smell out.

Blech! Duly noted!

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet - love it. I crocheted a washable pad that ties onto it, and I looked online and found how to unscrew the lid so I refill with my own cleaning solution. I've had it over two years and have not had to buy any pads or cleaner.

Have you looked on the bottle of Swiffer solution? It says something like, "Do not use near children or pets" :confused: I didn't know that until the lady at the dollar store pointed it out to me.

Go with a steam mop--no chemicals and a better clean.

I also like the Shark Steam Mop. I used to have the Swiffer, and it was easy to use, but I thought it seemed like the floors were somewhat sticky afterwards from cleaner residue.

:iagree:

After I got my Shark Steam Mop, it took a while to get the build up left behind by the Swiffer Wet Jet.