Menu

What's your TO-DO List like? Accountability Group here?

In an effort to get some accountability, even if it is virtual, I say we post our summer to-do lists here, and mark them off as we complete them. Sort of like a cheerleading group for all those tasks that we don't want to do....Don't put your "clean the sink" type stuff here, but rather your bigger tasks that you seem to never get to. You can put "percentage done" if you want next to each task to help motivate you....

Here's mine:

1. Finish planning school year for 2012-2013; order needed curriculum. (40%)

2. Once homeschool room is finished, organize and buy needed furniture from IKEA (0%)

3. Clean out garage.(25%)

4. Clean out storage shed (o%)

5. Figure out shelving for upstairs closets. (o%)

6. Go through homesciencetools and figure out what is needed for CPO Life Science.(0%)

7. Get bed frames for boys' beds. (o%)

8. Find and purchase scrapbooking armoire (0%)

9. Find and purchase drawers for boys' room (0%)

10. Decide if teaching geography coop class. If so, pick curriculum and get started (Trail Guide?) (0%)

Seems like a lot of mine are relating to...buying stuff. Maybe that's why I haven't done them yet--after buying our new house, I am in a "don't spend money!" mode.....LOL

Edited by Halcyon

Lesson Plan (95% done, I need to finish 3 unit study ideas I have in my head)

Clean and organize Garage (50% done, we have items in storage that we need to sort and put away)

Fruit Canning (30lbs of Cherries canned and 6lbs of pineapple. Still have blueberries, strawberries, apricots, peaches, plum and apple to do. We normally do u-pick).

Finish a crochet baby blanket for my niece who will be born in September. (25% done).

Teach 2 needlefelting workshops for local kids (still need to plan this).

Shampoo the carpets in the house (0%).

Organize house & declutter - done

Clean all carpets - 85%

Wipe baseboards - 50%

Touch up paint - 80%

Paint all doors & trim needing it - 0%

Deep clean kids bathroom - 0%

Help kids go through their clothes (discard, give away) - 0%

Weed the yard - 0%

Help youngest ds improve handwriting - 0 %

Find a new shower curtain I like - 0%

Wash kitchen chairs - 0%

Get the nail polish out of dds carpet - 0%

Not sure how I am going to accomplish a lot of this. I have family coming during the next 3 weeks and then I'm going to do some foster care respite work. Then school starts. I may have to delegate what I can.

1. Declutter/organize house (EVERYTHING finds a place or it's gone!) 25%

2. School planning for my 2nd and K'er 20%

3. CC tutor planning 0%

4. Paint furniture 50%

5. Deep cleaning (baseboards, walls, gutters)

6. Set up galllery wall for kid's art work

7. Laundry room overhaul to make more functional

8. Dentist appt done

9. Dermatology appt

Well, apparently I have my priorities messed up :lol:

1. Purchase my fabric for Christmas quilted gifts 25%

2. Make said gifts 0%

3. Read through my book list 10%

4. Install new cabinet/sink in laundry room and build shelves. 25%

5. Paint kitchen cabinets 25% - still have worse part all the doors to do

6. Finish entry redo-nail baseboards and board/batten 50%

Everything on this list is going to generate a lot more mess. One of these days my yearly "I'm going to clean and organize and de clutter my entire house will happen."

I would like to get all this done by July 23 (our first day of school)...In no particular order:

-Find a bookshelf for the boys room and finish arranging the stuff in there and in Pink's room (she'll hopefully be getting their current bookshelf). It already looks MUCH better than it did, and I'm hoping to find a bookshelf tomorrow at a garage sale (a friend is having one, and I honestly don't know if she is even selling any bookshelves - I'm just hoping! ;) )

-Finish getting the homeschool stuff arranged/cleaned up/ready for next year. Most of the stuff from last year is put away, and next year put on the shelves - just a few last things for that. Then I just need to clean off the homeschool desk (which has accumulated random stuff since we've been 'out of school' because it's location is very convenient for dropping stuff off as we walk by) and go through last year's binders and figure out what to do with their work. I'll probably weed through it and pick out a good amount of stuff to clip together and save for now.

-Clean out the cabinets on one side of our fireplace. The fireplace wall is all built ins, shelves on top and cabinets on bottom, and when we moved in I had less stuff. Now the cabinets could be organized better for what we currently have, so I need to go through and get it all arranged and easy to find everything. (That side is half full of board games, and I want to go through and get ones in Pink's reach that she can do, etc)

-Get Pink's scrapbook worked on. I just have about 3 pages to do - one of pictures from age 2.5-3, one of pictures from her birthday party, and one about her birthday party. Shouldn't take long, I just need to get the pictures printed out and stuff and sit down and do it.

-Help the boys make scrapbook pages for this school year.

-Wash the linens - I try to do the sheets once a month at least already, but I want to do the shower curtain and bath rugs (just did one today, Pink didn't quite make it to the potty in time last night :lol: ) too.

I think that's actually it. Today I vacuumed and shampooed the rugs in the living room and the boys' room (the only two that seem to get dirty :lol: ) and Link scrubbed the bathroom floor.

ETA: I forgot! I also got some stuff shredded (which I get around to maybe 3-4x a year? lol) and filed paperwork.

And now that I have all this in list form, I'm probably much more likely to actually do it all. :D lol

Edited by PeacefulChaos

Clean all carpets - 85%

Wipe baseboards - 50%

Touch up paint - 80%

Deep clean kids bathroom - 0%

Weed the yard - 0%

Help youngest ds improve handwriting - 0 %

Wash kitchen chairs - 0%

Get the nail polish out of dds carpet - 0%

Not sure how I am going to accomplish a lot of this. I have family coming during the next 3 weeks and then I'm going to do some foster care respite work. Then school starts. I may have to delegate what I can.

Okay, I spent an hour on the dried black nail polish mess. All done. Woohoo!

Great idea! I always like your posts.

1. finish buying, photocopying, preparing for next school year

2. finish SOTW Volume 3 and supplemental reading

3. finish reading random books from science and history shelf that I will sell when finished

4. have a yard sale

5. exercise 6 days a week

6. set up a Minecraft server for my boys

7. use up Groupons for yoga (2/10 of it used) and Jazzercise

8. get rid of clothes of mine that are in my parents' closet

I'll update percentages after I've contemplated more.

1. Finish planning school year for 2012-2013; order needed curriculum. (50%)

2. Clean out basement (0%)

3. Drylock basement (0%)

4. Clean out garage.(0%)

5. Tear out girls bedroom carpet(o%)

6. paint girls walls. (o%)

7. Create new floor in girls room

8. buy and set up closet organizer for girls room

9. new mattress for dd4, and add finishing touches of decor to girls room (0%_

10. remove mirrored tiles and patch wall and paint in alcove(0%)

11. Finish decorating boys room (0%)

12. wash all walls (0%)

13. reorganize school shelves and my desks (0%)

14. Order laptops and mics needed for 2 big kids courses (0%)

15. fix torn linoleum in kitchen (0%)

16. fill hole in yard with cement mix (dogs dug out the support beam for our awning, going to cement it into place) (0%)

17. Do all that needs to be done to start up a new boy scout troop (0%)

Okay I think that is it for this summer

Edited by swellmomma

1. Clean and organize playroom (90% done, will be 100% by end of day).

2. Build shelf for baby toys, shelf purchased! Assembly happening this weekend.

3. Find a new bed for DS, rearrange bedrooms/playroom situation.

4. Decluttered house and get rid.of furniture we dont want. (25% done)

5. Get baby.clothes out, wash, and put awat.

6. Clean my room.(25% done)

7. Catch up on work stuff.

8. Have a baby :) (87.5% done ;) )

1) Keep up with weeding and watering garden

2) Declutter whole house, yet again (somehow things multiply in the dark)-just need to finish kitchen and pantry -80%

3) Deep Clean whole house- (once entirely done decluttering and reorganizing any problem areas 0%

4) Sell a few baby items online as well and a couple other items- I'm constantly making new lists so it is hard to say- it is ongoing'

5)Get out newborn dipes and clothes-0%

6) Finish basement flooring- dh and I both on this- 30%

7)Buy curriculum -100%

8) Schedule curriculum-0%

9) Reorganize shed- it is still fairly clean from this spring when I worked on it but needs to be tackled a bit again- 70%

10) Paint basement interior doors- dh has 3 left to hang- 0%

I have other things but they are contingent upon too much. I hope and plan to can tomatoes but it depends on how they grow and how much I get. I would like to can some pears as well but that is a ways off. We might be setting up the basement but that depends if the floor gets finished first. Also depends on when we get furniture from mil, there is a lot of older furniture they don't want from his Grandma's house which is supposed to be going to us, but I have no idea when we are supposed to get it. Once it comes I'll have a bit of rearranging to do upstairs as well but whoever knows. I also have to finish growing a baby, 50% done.

Edited by soror

Mine are almost all school related. I mean, my house is a mess, but that's typical. It's not like it would stay clean if I cleaned it, right?

1. History - Write / finish background info and questions for:

Flyboys (WWI)

Sergeant York (WWI)

Eight Men Out (1919)

Iron-Jawed Angels (suffrage)

Great Gatsby (Roaring 20s)

Seabiscuit (Great Depression)

League of Their Own (WWII)

Tuskegee Airmen (WWII)

The Chosen

Thirteen Days (Cuban Missile Crisis, 1962)

The Right Stuff (space)

Apocalypse Now (Vietnam)

Good Morning, Vietnam

Apollo 13 (space)

All the President’s Men (Watergate)

Black Hawk Down (Battle of Mogadishu, 1993)

2. Chemistry – Compile lab supply list, and order supplies.

3. Spanish – Add grammar workbook(s). Finish parceling assignments by week.

4. Algebra –

· Check to see if Khan videos align, and assign as necessary.

· Divide into weekly assignments.

5. Programming – Decide which resources to use, and parcel out by week.

6. Science of Cooking –

· Decide which resources to use, and parcel out by week.

· Select labs / projects.

· Compile supplies list, and gather supplies.

7. Prepare kid for England trip -

· Figure out how to get him plastic money. I think our bank now offers a student checking account that comes with a debit card that will work for this purpose. But I need to research prepaid options, too.

· Get packing list from choir directors and/or tour organizers.

· Make sure he has all of the required items.

· Activate international calling plan on his cell phone.

8. Clean and Organize Office/School Area -

· Move last year's books to auxiliary shelves and this year's books to most accesible shelves.

· Clean out my binder, filing anything important and tossing the rest.

· Print finished lesson plans, and put them in the binder.

9. Figure Out Dance for Next Year -

· Meet with dance teacher to discuss class schedule and audition for competition team.

· Decide if we can afford to have him join the competition team.

I thought about starting a thread like this when I started my 3-5 dreaded items thread this morning. I think this is a great idea. So, we're posting back here as we get the tasks completed right?

I'll have to come back later b/c I can't even begin to form a list I am so overwhelmed right now. You know it's bad when you don't even know where to begin your to-do list.

:001_smile:

Here's mine...

Keep cilantro alive. Seriously. :glare: This has somehow become my #1 priority this summer. :lol:

Plan unit study for Olympics (2 weeks world cultural and physical geography/2 weeks Olympics). (33%)

Schedule schoolwork for 2012-2013, including self-ed. Buy/prep school supplies and desk calendars for kids. (75%...still need to do self-ed sched. and waiting for sales to start!)

Set up centers. (0%)

Finish and post chore chart for new house. (50%)

Improve my swim times/endurance. (?% :001_huh:)

Organize garage. (I plan to do this as a surprise for DH when he goes TDY next month. He is too overwhelmed to even begin and I always work better up against a deadline and with the glee from perpetrating a surprise in my heart. :lol:) (0%)

Design/decorate patio, pool, and bar & grill area. This is a surprise for DH for our 15th anniversary, so I have to be stealthy about it. (0%, unless you count my dream sheet on OneNote... :tongue_smilie:)

Playroom done!!!! Vaccumed and all! I even managed to pick up the living room.some becaise it had been a holding area for toys that could not be.put away due to the disaster the playroom had become! That leaves me room to move my quilt rack to where I want it, which makes a space for my serger and sewing machine to he stored!!

I have to get ready for a.cast party, but the baby toy shelf ia next on my list! Tonight or tomorrow....

I have a set daily things to do.

My major to do was choose curriculum and that has been done:D

My big things to do list:

1. decide which cover school for my children.

2. finish kitchen floor and floor in the school room.

3. figure out a storage/bookshelf unit for the new school room.

4. finish organizing the kitchen before school starts in August.

5. put together school day lunch menus and stock up on house staples before starting school.

6. figure out our fall and winter vacations

My infamous to-do list...

vacuum bedroom

clean out closet

clean out under bed and multiple piles beside bed

clean out drawers

***Organize all belongings in above list***

***While doing the above list, stack and store extra items in garage***

THEN...

take extra "stuff" to donate...

start organizing garage... yet again...

get LOCKING LOCK for garage and keep the keys on me at nearly all times so boys do not dig through and mess up garage!!!!!!! (wish me luck on that...)

Great idea! I always like your posts.

1. finish buying, photocopying, preparing for next school year

2. finish SOTW Volume 3 and supplemental reading

3. finish reading random books from science and history shelf that I will sell when finished

4. have a yard sale

5. exercise 6 days a week

6. set up a Minecraft server for my boys

7. use up Groupons for yoga (2/10 of it used) and Jazzercise

8. get rid of clothes of mine that are in my parents' closet

I'll update percentages after I've contemplated more.

I need accountability to get some of these annoying longer-term projects done, and I figured others do too...I get to the dishes, laundry, vacuum, etc pretty well, but the "bigger" stuff?? Not so much.... :tongue_smilie:

1. Clean and organize playroom (90% done, will be 100% by end of day).

2. Build shelf for baby toys, shelf purchased! Assembly happening this weekend.

:lol::lol: Somehow I think that should be number 1, no? ;)

I would like to get all this done by July 23 (our first day of school)...In no particular order:

1.Find a bookshelf for the boys room and finish arranging the stuff in there and in Pink's room (she'll hopefully be getting their current bookshelf). (0%)*

2.Finish getting the homeschool stuff arranged/cleaned up/ready for next year. **

3.Clean out the cabinets on one side of our fireplace. (0%)

4.Get Pink's scrapbook worked on. ***

5.Help the boys make scrapbook pages for this school year. ****

6.Wash the linens

7. (new) Find the 10 commandments to hang on the wall. Considering making a project of it.

And now that I have all this in list form, I'm probably much more likely to actually do it all. :D lol

* Well, my friend wasn't selling any bookshelves, so I went searching for one yesterday to no avail. :( So, I'll just have to keep searching! So still, 0%

** I did get everything put on the shelves for next year, now I just need to clean the stuff up from last year. Small step, but better than nothing. :) (25%)

*** Printed off the pictures for Pink's scrapbook, now I just need to put the pages together. (50%)

**** Printed off the pictures for the boys' scrapbooks, now I just need to set them up to get it done. (75%)

1. Finish planning school year for 2012-2013; order needed curriculum. (70% finished making decisions just have to wait until funding is released aug 15 to finish ordering things)

2. Clean out basement (0%)

3. Drylock basement (0%)

4. Clean out garage.(0%)

5. Tear out girls bedroom carpet(o%)

6. paint girls walls. (2%- picked up paint chips to choose colour)

7. Create new floor in girls room

8. buy and set up closet organizer for girls room

9. new mattress for dd4, and add finishing touches of decor to girls room (0%)

10. remove mirrored tiles and patch wall and paint in alcove(0%)

11. Finish decorating boys room (0%)

12. wash all walls (0%)

13. reorganize school shelves and my desks (0%)

14. Order mics needed for 2 big kids courses and set up internet in ds13's computer (0%)

15. fix torn linoleum in kitchen (0%)

16. fill hole in yard with cement mix (dogs dug out the support beam for our awning, going to cement it into place) (50% ran out of cement with hole only 1/2 filled BUT the awning support is good and secured now)

17. Do all that needs to be done to start up a new boy scout troop (5% Have been emailed by the head guy in our region and he is setting up a meeting between him, I and some other head guy to go through all that needs to be done to make this a reality)

*18. update FB photo albums (new) (100%)

*19. Update blog of the past school year*(new) (0%)

Okay I think that is it for this summer

tried to edit but keep getting an error message so we will do it this way instead changes have been made in red, a little progress in a few areas.

Here's mine...

Keep cilantro alive. Seriously. :glare: This has somehow become my #1 priority this summer. :lol:

This is not going well. :toetap05:

Plan unit study for Olympics (2 weeks world cultural and physical geography/2 weeks Olympics). (33%)

I am at a standstill with this because doggone OnTrac is apparently OffTrac and the books that were supposed to be delivered Friday won't be delivered until tomorrow. :glare:

Schedule schoolwork for 2012-2013, including self-ed. Buy/prep school supplies and desk calendars for kids. (75%...still need to do self-ed sched. and waiting for sales to start!)

Now 85% done (in pencil only), just waiting for me to be able to input the info into Well-Planned Day software. Still waiting on sales. School starts here in one month. What gives? More :toetap05:.

Set up centers. (0%)

0.5%=I started a list. :lol:

Finish and post chore chart for new house. (50%)

Also waiting on Well-Planned Day software.

Improve my swim times/endurance. (?% :001_huh:)

Actually, I think my swim times are getting worse because the water is getting bath temp or so.

Organize garage. (I plan to do this as a surprise for DH when he goes TDY next month. He is too overwhelmed to even begin and I always work better up against a deadline and with the glee from perpetrating a surprise in my heart.) (0%)

I am in a holding pattern until DH's departure.

Design/decorate patio, pool, and bar & grill area. This is a surprise for DH for our 15th anniversary, so I have to be stealthy about it. (0%, unless you count my dream sheet on OneNote... :tongue_smilie:)

Ditto.

Toy shelf for the baby is done and my kids put all the baby toys away!! Very neatly! I have tackled the mountain of laundry and I am winning the battle :) We are working on the kid's bedroom today. It should not take long. I have a lot of clothes to pull out and box up for the attoc. Once their bedroom is clean, I can work on rearranging for the baby's arrival. I have a plan, just need a little muscle. DH is working in the garden trying to get the tomato plants under control. We have made good progress in the last few days.

Adding to my.list:

1. Shop for cook out tomorrow

2. Make dirt cake

3. Email competition famcers who have not signed contracts....

:001_smile:

Here's mine...

So, funny! You have me checking my cilantro every day now!

Congrats to all those making progress. Finally, I have a clue about my to-do list.

Here it is....(but in no particular order)

1. Go through curriculum I have and decide which I'll use, sell, or donate.(40% done)

2. Decide which Logic to use for Ds.(Not much accomplished as I am thinking in circles. Not a good indication of logical thinking.)

3. Post more for sale items.

4. Buy the remaining books we need.

5. Plan the school year and decide on final plan for extracurriculars.

6. Sort my own topical non-fiction reading and decide on order of importance. (Fun reading like books about anxiety --in dogs & kids, ADHD, and clicker training.)

7. Clean out my upstairs hall.

8. Whole house declutter and cleaning.

9. Weed side garden.

10. Finish grooming Dd's Springer Spaniel and take him to the breeder who is helping me, so she can tell me how much I messed up! (Almost done, just back feet and touch ups left.)

11. Help Dd make and deliver a pie for the actual breeder who came to Dd's show and bought her an expensive show lead.

12. Figure out how on earth we are going to afford a new laptop and Ds's braces!

It's a long list. No wonder I'm overwhelmed!

I am making a bit of progress. The stuff in purple is what I've done so far.

1. History - Write / finish background info and questions for:

Flyboys (WWI)

Sergeant York (WWI)

Eight Men Out (1919)

Iron-Jawed Angels (suffrage)

Great Gatsby (Roaring 20s)

Seabiscuit (Great Depression)

League of Their Own (WWII)

Tuskegee Airmen (WWII)

The Chosen

Thirteen Days (Cuban Missile Crisis, 1962)

The Right Stuff (space)

Apocalypse Now (Vietnam)

Good Morning, Vietnam

Apollo 13 (space)

All the PresidentĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s Men (Watergate)

Black Hawk Down (Battle of Mogadishu, 1993)

2. Chemistry Ă¢â‚¬â€œ Compile lab supply list, and order supplies.

This one needs to be adjusted. I've more or less decided to come at this from the other direction, ordering a good set of basic supplies and then designing a lab series to make use of that. So, I'm working on it, but I'm not done yet.

3. Spanish Ă¢â‚¬â€œ Add grammar workbook(s). Finish parceling assignments by week.

4. Algebra Ă¢â‚¬â€œ

· Check to see if Khan videos align, and assign as necessary.

· Divide into weekly assignments.

5. Programming Ă¢â‚¬â€œ Decide which resources to use, and parcel out by week.

6. Science of Cooking Ă¢â‚¬â€œ

· Decide which resources to use, and parcel out by week.

· Select labs / projects.

· Compile supplies list, and gather supplies.

7. Prepare kid for England trip -

· Figure out how to get him plastic money. I think our bank now offers a student checking account that comes with a debit card that will work for this purpose. But I need to research prepaid options, too.

· Get packing list from choir directors and/or tour organizers.

· Make sure he has all of the required items.

· Activate international calling plan on his cell phone.

8. Clean and Organize Office/School Area -

· Move last year's books to auxiliary shelves and this year's books to most accesible shelves.

· Clean out my binder, filing anything important and tossing the rest.

· Print finished lesson plans, and put them in the binder.

9. Figure Out Dance for Next Year -

· Meet with dance teacher to discuss class schedule and audition for competition team.

· Decide if we can afford to have him join the competition team.

Things that have changed are in purple. :)

1.Find a bookshelf for the boys room and finish arranging the stuff in there and in Pink's room (she'll hopefully be getting their current bookshelf). (0%)

2.Finish getting the homeschool stuff arranged/cleaned up/ready for next year. (25%)

4.Get Pink's scrapbook worked on. (95%) - Just need to get some Tangled stickers and put them on her Birthday party page, everything else is done.

5.Help the boys make scrapbook pages for this school year. (85%) - Link has done half of his now

6.Wash the linens (15%)

7. Find the 10 commandments to hang on the wall. Considering making a project of it. (0%)

8. (new) Print off and do the maps in the SOTW 2 AG for each week. My kids aren't fans of the map work, so I'm just going to do them in advance and have them on the wall each week to reference. Did the first 10 this afternoon. (25%)

Things that have changed are in pink this time. :tongue_smilie:

1.Find a bookshelf for the boys room and finish arranging the stuff in there and in Pink's room (she'll hopefully be getting their current bookshelf). (0%)

2.Finish getting the homeschool stuff arranged/cleaned up/ready for next year. (25%)

4.Get Pink's scrapbook worked on. (95%)

5.Help the boys make scrapbook pages for this school year. (85%)

6.Wash the linens (15%)

7. Find the 10 commandments to hang on the wall. Considering making a project of it. (0%)

8. Print off and do the maps in the SOTW 2 AG for each week. (100% - FINISHED!!)

Changes are in pink. Won't get a lot done this week as sis is in town for a visit.

Happy 4th everyone!

1. Finish planning school year for 2012-2013; order needed curriculum. (40%)

2. Once homeschool room is finished, organize and buy needed furniture from IKEA (0%)

3. Clean out garage.(50%)

4. Clean out storage shed (o%)

5. Figure out shelving for upstairs closets. (o%)

6. Go through homesciencetools and figure out what is needed for CPO Life Science.(0%)

7. Get bed frames for boys' beds. (o%)

8. Find and purchase scrapbooking armoire (0%)

9. Find and purchase drawers for boys' room (0%)

10. Decide if teaching geography coop class. If so, pick curriculum and get started (Trail Guide?) (5%)

Seems like a lot of mine are relating to...buying stuff. Maybe that's why I haven't done them yet--after buying our new house, I am in a "don't spend money!" mode.....LOL

1. Stare fondly at the pile of books in the corner that have no hope of being put away before January. (100%)

2. Stare with affection at the mishmash of toys in the toy bin that won't be sorted until February. (100%)

3. Allow sons to cajole me into letting them play with their DSs before it's "DS time". (100%)

4. Spend too much time on personal hobbies and feel only a slight tinge of guilt (100%)

5. Smugly congratulate self for completing my above to-do list. (100%)

1. Stare fondly at the pile of books in the corner that have no hope of being put away before January. (100%)

2. Stare with affection at the mishmash of toys in the toy bin that won't be sorted until February. (100%)

3. Allow sons to cajole me into letting them play with their DSs before it's "DS time". (100%)

4. Spend too much time on personal hobbies and feel only a slight tinge of guilt (100%)

5. Smugly congratulate self for completing my above to-do list. (100%)

:lol::lol::lol:

1. Stain and poly 6 doors. ugh.

2. keep garden alive and then fix it, eat it or store it.

3. Keep guinea's alive and hopefully watch them eat all of the grasshoppers that are eating our garden and yard.

4. Plan fall- get curr ordered, plan classes I'm teaching.

5. Finish massive writing project. 1/2 done with phase 1

6. Plan 2 large closets on the 2nd floor, they are built but they have no innards.

6. Dig brick walk- been way too hot lately.

7. Finish tearing down old chicken shed.

8. Read a book a week.

9. Work out 5 times a week.

there's more- lots, lots more.

1. Clean and organize playroom done!!.

2. Build shelf for baby toys, shelf purchased! Assembly happening this weekend.done!

I have finished the kids room and am pretty much caught up on laundry!

I took Dd's nail polish away after about 4 episodes like this. Now if she wants it, she has to give me her AG doll for ransom and sit at the table. :D

My oldest dd only spilled her polish once and was in tears. She doesn't do it in her room anymore because she hates making a mess. We just put a little rug over it for a while. I had no idea I could really get it out until I started googling.

Clean all carpets - done

Wipe baseboards - done

Touch up paint - 90%

Deep clean kids bathroom - done

Weed the yard - done

Help youngest ds improve handwriting - started - told him that when his handwriting/cursive meets my satisfaction he won't have to do remedial books anymore.

Wash kitchen chairs - done

Get the nail polish out of dds carpet - done

I'm adding mine, I'm doing really well right now, but I might slip so I'd like to be accountable somewhere ;)

Packing up house - 75% - hope to be done by Monday morning

Getting yard sale ready - 50% - hope to be ready by the weekend of 7/14, everything is sorted, now I just need to figure out pricing and round up tables and racks. :tongue_smilie:

Cleaning out basement - 90% - still need to fold and place outgrown boys clothing into rubbermaid for storage, also need to scrub down the bathroom down there so it's all bright and shiny

Yard work - 40% - have kids pick up sticks and limbs, do *something* towards sprucing up the porch

Attic - 0% - must be cleaned out soon! It's 100+ degrees so I'm not sure how to go about it, it's still an oven at midnight. I guess I'll just have to do short bursts of work up there with breaks in the a/c between. I. Dread. This!

Pack up wedding china - 0% - I guess I'll do this tonight. Yuck. I'm storing it, I'd rather sell it...sigh. My mother doesn't want me to so I told her she had to be willing to store it in order for her vote to count :D

Things that have changed are in blue.

2.Finish getting the homeschool stuff arranged/cleaned up/ready for next year. (75%)

6.Wash the linens (30%)

Things that have changed are in green.

2.Finish getting the homeschool stuff arranged/cleaned up/ready for next year. (90%)

3.Clean out the cabinets on one side of our fireplace. (50%)

6.Wash the linens (30%)

I did a good chunk of lesson planning for next year in mid-June, then took a week off to go on a family "vacation" with the in-laws. I took this week off to recover from said vacation! As much as I've enjoyed being lazy (and reading 4 books this week), I know that I need to get my rear-end in gear or the new school year will be here before I know it! If I don't get my "to do" list done, I'll spend our very busy fall term feeling like I'm drowning! I'll probably continue to add things to my to-do list as I assess the state of things!

Choose colors and paint upstairs bathrooms

Hire someone to paint hallway/stairs

steam clean upstairs carpets

clean/replace mini blinds

Declutter master bedroom & closets (40% completed)

Organize freezer after picking up 1/2 side of beef from farm (DONE)

Clean cabinet doors in kitchen and bathrooms

Wipe down baseboards in living room and bathrooms

Wipe down bead board in kitchen

Dust bedrooms & ceiling fans

replace lightbulbs

Sell curriculum/donate what doesn't sell (75% completed)

Finish lesson plans & copies for fall semester

Finish purchasing curriculum (DONE- except for co-op classes that won't announce what materials we need until mid-August).

Assemble household binder

Schedule physicals for everyone

Schedule haircut for me

Take younger girls and son for haircuts

Schedule eye appointment for dd14 (done)

Call and make appointment for repairs for our van

Give the dog a bath

Edited by MamaAkins

I must say, you people on this thread are really upsetting me with your productivity. :hurray: for you, but :thumbdown: for me! I feel like I am running a summer camp except I am outsourcing all of the activities. So, b/t all the running around for classes and activities, what I did manage to get done is in blue.

Congrats to all those making progress. Finally, I have a clue about my to-do list.

Here it is....(but in no particular order)

1. Go through curriculum I have and decide which I'll use, sell, or donate.(40% done) Moved it all to the basement and have it in subject piles. At least it's not cluttering the house.

2. Decide which Logic to use for Ds.(Not much accomplished as I am thinking in circles. Not a good indication of logical thinking.) Posted on HS board for advice, but need to get Ds to look at samples.

3. Post more for sale items.

4. Buy the remaining books we need.

5. Plan the school year and decide on final plan for extracurriculars. I think extracurriculars are decided, but might need to be adjusted for finances/time.

6. Sort my own topical non-fiction reading and decide on order of importance. (Fun reading like books about anxiety --in dogs & kids, ADHD, and clicker training.)

7. Clean out my upstairs hall. Got all the school books out, now need to go through the TOG bookshelf I keep there.

8. Whole house declutter and cleaning.

9. Weed side garden.

10. Finish grooming Dd's Springer Spaniel and take him to the breeder who is helping me, so she can tell me how much I messed up! (Almost done, just back feet and touch ups left.) Always a humbling experience.....took him on Wed. Breeder corrected the left side and gave me the right side for homework. Worked on him yesterday and today and it's as good as it's going to get. Wish it weren't going to need to be done again in a couple of weeks, but I'm learning and I'll get faster eventually.

11. Help Dd make and deliver a pie for the actual breeder who came to Dd's show and bought her an expensive show lead.

12. Figure out how on earth we are going to afford a new laptop and Ds's braces! No progress here, except I did finally tell Dh how much braces will cost. There may not be a new laptop.

I forgot to list (b/c I forgot I had to do it--might be some denial here) E mailed my Public Speaking course description to the library where I would like to hold classes and requested a room.