Menu

Destinos - (self-education)

I'm looking at using Destinos for myself but I'm finding the website to be incredibly confusing. For those of you who have used it before, can you explain to me how it works and what I would need to purchase. I know there are companion books, a faculty guide, textbook, coordinated workbook/study guide but figuring out exactly what I NEED is proving to be very confusing.

So I too was very confused and found a wonderful website that really laid it out. I don't have that anymore, but I bought the curriculum, so I can share with you what that is!

Destinos 3 year Spanish course, SPAN I, II, III This includes The Second Edition of the Alternate Edition Textbook, Listening Comprehension CD program for the Second Edition of the Alternate Edition (7 CDs), and Student Edition CD program for the Second Edition of the Alternate Edition (7 Audio CDs). The video telenovas are online, available for FREE. All you need is the workbook. These all match. (This is from an ad I have).

I also was given the teacher guide for the videos (some good extra stuff, some goofy details no one would care about). I would say the Faculty Guide to Accompany Destinos ISBN 0-07-002071-x. This book contains grading tips, form B of the self-test, unit tests etc. I think this is essential.

It's a good course IMO. I have a lot of Spanish, but even still I was having to stay ahead and it was more work than I wanted. A small group of kids would be good so that they could practice the oral work together and help each other out in weak spots.

That's out take on Destinos : )

No that's not it, but that might be helpful too. I found a woman who had a site for becoming multi-lingual and she had chosen Destinos for the Spanish curriculum to achieve that goal. I also found a syllabus that broke the book into three 1 year (for high school) or 3 semesters (for college). I felt like it was very manageable chunks for each.

Julie

So I too was very confused and found a wonderful website that really laid it out. I don't have that anymore, but I bought the curriculum, so I can share with you what that is!

Destinos 3 year Spanish course, SPAN I, II, III This includes The Second Edition of the Alternate Edition Textbook, Listening Comprehension CD program for the Second Edition of the Alternate Edition (7 CDs), and Student Edition CD program for the Second Edition of the Alternate Edition (7 Audio CDs). The video telenovas are online, available for FREE. All you need is the workbook. These all match. (This is from an ad I have).

I also was given the teacher guide for the videos (some good extra stuff, some goofy details no one would care about). I would say the Faculty Guide to Accompany Destinos ISBN 0-07-002071-x. This book contains grading tips, form B of the self-test, unit tests etc. I think this is essential.

It's a good course IMO. I have a lot of Spanish, but even still I was having to stay ahead and it was more work than I wanted. A small group of kids would be good so that they could practice the oral work together and help each other out in weak spots.

That's out take on Destinos : )

Where did you buy your books and CDs?

I found the books used, even the workbook. I just sold my set (minus the workbook), so they are out there, for a really good price too if you look around. Occasionally I see a set on VegSource, but more often it's the traditional used book sellers i.e. textsbooksrus (not sure if that's exactly correct). Anyway, I paid less than retail by a good bit for all materials.