Menu

Question for Mint.com users

I like Mint basically, but there is one thing I have not yet figured out. Awhile back I read that it was an issue, but I don't know if they have created a work around for it yet. The problem is in having the ability to enter checks manually into the register so that they match up with the transaction once it goes through the bank.

Anyone?

Blessings,

Lucinda

I'm not exactly sure I understand what you are saying but this is what I do, I wait until it comes through Mint and then I rename the checks- and sort them appropriately.

ex)

Family Friendly Farm- ck 1622 or ck 1622 Family Friendly Farm

Food--->Groceries

Edited by soror

I'm not exactly sure I understand what you are saying but this is what I do, I wait until it comes through Mint and then I rename the checks- and sort them appropriately.

ex)

Family Friendly Farm- ck 1622 or ck 1622 Family Friendly Farm

Food--->Groceries

:iagree: That's exactly what I do, and it works great.

What you say is what I've been doing, but I'd like to be able to do more than that. Actually, what I mean is this: say I write a check to pay the water bill, and I enter it manually into the Mint register. The problem is that when the transaction actually comes through the bank, it doesn't get matched up with entry that I put in manually for that particular check. I don't like this. I want to know how much money I really have available, not just how much is currently in the account. KWIM?

Does that make sense?

Lucinda

I just use Mint to track for the monthly budget but I watch on my bank acct as well for up to date balances. We keep a fairly large buffer though so I don't worry about knowing down to the dollar on any particular day. From the time a check clears until it shows up on Mint is usually only 24 hrs at most, unless it is on a weekend so not enough of a time difference to greatly effect anything for our accounting.

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this thread...

Does anyone else feel terribly uncomfortable about allowing a system to have access to all their online accounts. I understand it makes tracking easy because you do not have to enter all the information, but I'm not sure I am willing to let ANY program have access to ALL my accounts.

Thanks,

Michele