Menu

Recommend a Bible Study to me

It can be about anything. It can be geared towards women (most that I gravitate to are) or not. It can be about parenting (I've done a few but I don't mind checking out what's out there) or anything. :)

I'm open to suggestions. :) Oh, and this is for me personally, not a family thing or anything like that. TIA!!

:lurk5:

Some friends and I are starting a "Read Through the Bible in a Year" study the first of July. It sort of caught me by surprise when she recommended it, any time I've tried to read through the Bible it's been New Years. So having the A/C and shorts on is going to catch me by surprise I think. :D We're doing it Chronologically rather than in "Bible Order" which will be different too. We're each going to get a notebook and do it independently but check in by e-mail once a week to keep each other accountable.

I'm really looking forward to it.

I really enjoy any the Beth Moore Bible studies. They can be ordered from lifeway.com.

Me, too. I'm currently doing the Paul study. Dd and I recently read thru Acts as a devotion (just reading it) using the One Year Bible; I was so intrigued that I started BM's study and I AM LOVING IT. So interesting!! You can watch the videos online but I am just doing the workbook for now.

I also like her study on Breaking Free (like a strongholds study) and the one on Esther. The videos for Esther were really good--particularly #4. All about trusting God. Super!

My other fav is her tabernacle study, but I liked the older videos better than the newer version--less talky. (She is a bit of a chatterer, but she's warm and funny and personable in her presentations, and you don't absolutely have to watch/listen to the media component.)

Just get the workbooks, not the book-books, iykwim. The actual going into the scriptures is more helpful (to me, anyway) than just reading about it.

What about a Precept study by Kay Arthur? They're not for the faint of heart, but I like them :)

I have wanted to do one of her's but seriously, where do you start? There are so many! Can you narrow the field down a little for me?

Lord, I Want to Know You by Kay Arthur...not as intense as a precept study. But it is an amazing study...and one that would be a great start.

If you are looking for a group study...try BSF (although they take a break for the summer) or Community Bible Studies.

Lord, I Want to Know You by Kay Arthur...not as intense as a precept study. But it is an amazing study...and one that would be a great start.

If you are looking for a group study...try BSF (although they take a break for the summer) or Community Bible Studies.

I can handle intense..I just don't know where to start. She has so many!

Edited by KatieinMich

I love a lot of these Bible studies but my absolute favorite is Elizabeth George! She just makes me so happy! I am going through Raising A Daughter After God's Own Heart right now and it's awesome. If your looking for a basic study I love A Woman After God's Own Heart.

I've done one called More Than A Good Bible Study girl by Lysa Terkhurst and I enjoyed that one. Beth Moore is usually a good bet. I did one Kay Arthur and enjoyed it, but it was a bit intensive.