Menu

Disney's Brave

I just read the thread from a few days ago and was wondering if that was still the general opinion of the movie.

I took my 2, 3, and 5 year old with Grandma and Grandpa. Everyone loved it. I do agree it was pretty predictable and formulaic but I will definitely pick it up on DVD when it comes out.

We didn't have any issues with the kids being scared.

I found the characters lacked in development and it definitely isn't one of Pixar's best movies, but it was still a cute movie. I'll probably get it on dvd for the boys. Me and my daughter went to go see it together and she ended up on my knee sobbing. Perhaps she was too tired, but either way, it was a little too much for her. I think my youngest son will love it though and I never get tired of listening those accents.

I don't think much of anything in 3D would warrant the upcharge. ;) :lol:

We may have to go out of town to see it. Which is sort of a bummer, but oh, well...

I agree, I don't usually see what the big deal is. I personally hate having to wear those 3-D glasses for 2 hours. :glare: I would rather see the cheaper movie and have more money for popcorn. :tongue_smilie:

I just read the thread from a few days ago and was wondering if that was still the general opinion of the movie.

I took my 2, 3, and 5 year old with Grandma and Grandpa. Everyone loved it. I do agree it was pretty predictable and formulaic but I will definitely pick it up on DVD when it comes out.

We didn't have any issues with the kids being scared.

I remember the other thread talking about kids being scared, but that wasn't our experience at all (4 yo girl and 8 yo boy). There were parts of the movie that I loved and parts that I felt were extremely boring. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed, considering it was a Pixar film. But I thought that the images were quite beautiful and the accents...yes, as some other PP said, I could listen to them all day long.

Definitely not a favorite, but a good movie.

(DD liked it well enough that she is now having a Brave birthday party in August - complete with a Brave costume and of course, a bow and arrow!)

Dh, dd18 and dd13 saw it but I haven't seen it yet. They all said that the story left something to be desired, the music wasn't as memorable as it could have been, but the animation and settings were great.

I am looking forward to seeing it so I can hear the accents (Scottish is my favorite) and watch the main girl's curly hair fly around.

From the NY Times:

There was a parameter in the computer settings called “scraggle.” “It takes the straight lines of these curl points and jumbles them up and crisscrosses them, like real hair does.” Mr. Andrews was taken by this look and requested that the animators “turn up the scraggle,” and that solidified the final style.