Menu

I think I've been watching too much Monk ....

I just discovered Monk on Netflix and have been watching several episodes a day for the past week or so (love this show! Yeah, I'm a little behind the times). Now I find myself going through the day wondering if I'm leaving behind good clues in the case of my untimely demise.

I just discovered Monk on Netflix and have been watching several episodes a day for the past week or so (love this show! Yeah, I'm a little behind the times). Now I find myself going through the day wondering if I'm leaving behind good clues in the case of my untimely demise.

LOL! I love that! I tell DH all the time if something happens to me he better find a Monk to find out what really happened. :)

My husband and I love that show too, although I can only handle his character for a few nights a week because we are so similar it annoys me to "watch myself". Not saying I'm as smart as him but I do have cleaning and symmetry compulsions that my husband teases me about.

My friend swears she's raising Monk because her ds7 only wears 2 specific outfits over and over and when he changes out of them he lays the whole se including underwear out on the floor like a scarecrow.

Ay-yi-yi. I received a wrong number call on my ce1l ph0ne tonight, and then about 20 minutes later received two tex-ts with pictures of @ss@ult r1fles and other g*un$ in them from the same number. Eek! (Ignore my code; I'm trying to throw off the perps ;)) I called the sheriff to see if I had any reason for concern, and he got the phone number from me. When he called it, the person who answered hung up as soon as the police officer identified himself. Oh, great. My cell phone number is all over the internet because I use it for business (my IRL name could easily be found, and therefore my address too since we're not unlisted). And now Monk has retired. Well, try to find someone as good as him for my family, okay?

:D

UPDATE: The sheriff called back and said he spoke with the guy who answered; he said he's a m@rine with friends coming for a visit and he texting the pics. to show them the g^un$ they'd be sh00ting for fun/sport when they arrived. He apologized profusely and promised he was deleting my ph0ne numb3r from his messages and he fee1s bad I felt I had to call the c0p$. I'm good, right?

Or do I need to still call Adrian?

Edited by milovaný

:lol:

You've given me an idea for what to watch with lunch. I need a break from Poirot.

Monk was one of my all-time favorite shows. I felt a little depressed when they cancelled it...

You might also like White Collar.

I wish Monk had been around when my Grandma died. She lived with a boarder who disappeared with a bit of her hidden $$ right afterward. She was found on the floor next to her chair with a big bump on her head (and nothing around she could have hit on her fall with where her body was found). She'd always told people if she were ever robbed she'd get down on her knees and pray and tell them to take whatever they wanted. Yet it was ruled "natural causes" since she was 88 and "could have stood up from her chair, had a heart attack, and fell." Monk would have been able to discern the truth. I'll always have my suspicions.

It's my favorite series. :001_wub: My mom recently filled up 3 vhs tapes of Monk shows and mailed me the videos. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I do get Monk on Friday nights (we only have 3 channels...but we do get Monk, go figure). Well....actually, I didn't want to tell her because I wanted the videos! A few days ago youngest dd and I just had the Monk videos in all day for 2 days straight. I didn't just sit there watching, but it was on while doing other things. Strangely...it felt so comforting. :001_huh: I've had my own issues with touching things and getting germs and my kids have been known to call me Mama Monk. Although, I don't think I'm that bad. We should start a poll: Sharona or Natalie. But, I actually like them both.

Sharona or Natalie

Sharona. I miss her. I already skimmed through episode titles and saw that she returns for a visit in season 7 or 8, and watched that episode. It was good to see her again. I like her personality better, and I think she come s across as caring for Monk as a person better.

Edited by milovaný

Sharona. I miss her. I already skimmed through episode titles and saw that she returns for a visit in season 7 or 8, and watched that episode. It was good to see her again. I like her personality better, and I think she come s across as caring for Monk as a person better.

:iagree: Not to mention she was a much better actress. Natalie seems too stiff and unnatural to me.

You might also like White Collar.

:grouphug:Creekland, that's so sad about your grandma.

I appreciate your mention of White Collar. Dc and I just finished Monk and have been watching The Wonder Years and Switched at Birth. The Wonder Years is okay, but dd and I watched White Collar tonight based solely on your post. I think it will be our new show!:lurk5:

:grouphug:Creekland, that's so sad about your grandma.

I appreciate your mention of White Collar. Dc and I just finished Monk and have been watching The Wonder Years and Switched at Birth. The Wonder Years is okay, but dd and I watched White Collar tonight based solely on your post. I think it will be our new show!:lurk5:

Glad you like White Collar! We love it. It's a little different than Monk in that the overall "theme" changes annually. With Monk he was always trying to find his wife's killer - with White Collar it changes each season after the first two and leaves you on a cliffhanger at the end of the season. Be sure to watch White Collar in order. With Monk, it wasn't so necessary.

Yeah, I'm still a little bitter over the situation with my grandma. I seriously think someone got away with murder, but I'll never know. My dad and uncle tried pressing for more investigation, but to no avail. They wouldn't even try to locate the boarder to talk with her. The world needs more Monks (or Columbos, or Quincys... others who could always see the details and know when they didn't add up).