Menu

Finally, Rainbow Resource has free shipping over $50

I'm debating between them and CBD. Rainbow Resource is still so slow to ship compared to CBD, and their in stock items are not real time. CBD doesn't sell two things I need -- Life of Fred and Carbon Chemistry -- but I can buy them directly from the company.

Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for posting-this is a huge help! I always feel pressure this time of year to make sure I get everything into that one RR order to hit the $150, and I'm always afraid I'll forget something! This will take the pressure off! Also I can "spread out" my spending instead of trying to make sure we have enough in the bank account for that one huge order (we're so tight this year.) I'll prbly end up spending more in the long run due to multiple orders though :)

ETA: I also wanted to come back and add that it annoys me that CBD is so stingy with their free shipping (the RARE coupon for free shipping over $35.) I often prefer ordering from Amazon because of that!

Edited by HappyGrace

I'm debating between them and CBD. Rainbow Resource is still so slow to ship compared to CBD, and their in stock items are not real time. CBD doesn't sell two things I need -- Life of Fred and Carbon Chemistry -- but I can buy them directly from the company.

Decisions, decisions.

I still can't buy Elementary Greek because RR is more expensive than CBD.

I'm thinking any moment now CBD will be offering a coupon. Or across the board free shipping over a certain amount.

ETA: I also wanted to come back and add that it annoys me that CBD is so stingy with their free shipping (the RARE coupon for free shipping over $35.) I often prefer ordering from Amazon because of that!

I know -- it would be nice. Honestly, I don't know how Amazon makes any money at all with prime shipping. LOL

I usually use CBD for specific things (Latin, Megawords, etc.) because Amazon doesn't carry them and they are so quick to ship.

I know -- it would be nice. Honestly, I don't know how Amazon makes any money at all with prime shipping. LOL

Building loyalty (customers buy from them instead of competition)? Some members who don't use? Discounted rates through ups? But I don't know for sure either.

In May, I ordered from CBD, Rainbow Resources, and Amazon all on the same day. The CBD and RR orders came so quickly, but my Amazon order didn't come until about three days later. I am thinking that RR is really trying to improve their shipping times. I don't know if I am the only one with this experience, but I thought I would share my latest ordering experience. I was really impressed with CBD and RR.

In May, I ordered from CBD, Rainbow Resources, and Amazon all on the same day. The CBD and RR orders came so quickly, but my Amazon order didn't come until about three days later. I am thinking that RR is really trying to improve their shipping times. I don't know if I am the only one with this experience, but I thought I would share my latest ordering experience. I was really impressed with CBD and RR.

Really? That is surprising. Was it from Amazon directly or an Amazon Marketplace seller? They are two completely different things. Plus, I have to admit I'm a little out of the loop with regular Amazon shipping since being a prime member.

I've had really good experience with RR shipping the last year or so. I do think they have worked to improve their shipping times. It use to be one had to order in June or July to get your order in time for the beginning of the school year in September.

I love RR! I always have way more than $150 sitting in my cart/wish list, so.. it doesn't matter to me. Right now I have $255 sitting in there.

Then you don't care about this special announcement. :D

I just placed an order of about $55. I had to delete items and save them for the next purchase, so that I can reach $50 again before this promo ends.

I checked all the items in my cart against Amazon's prices and each one was cheaper at RR. Yay! Of course, I won't get these by Thursday, but I did save some money.

Really? That is surprising. Was it from Amazon directly or an Amazon Marketplace seller? They are two completely different things. Plus, I have to admit I'm a little out of the loop with regular Amazon shipping since being a prime member.

It was with Amazon directly.

I think RR business has gone down.....I think many years ago they were the "best game in town" but the last few years may have them hurting. They are always at our big convention and this year they were not there. I am only speculating.

Then you don't care about this special announcement. :D

I just placed an order of about $55. I had to delete items and save them for the next purchase, so that I can reach $50 again before this promo ends.

I checked all the items in my cart against Amazon's prices and each one was cheaper at RR. Yay! Of course, I won't get these by Thursday, but I did save some money.

Oops.. I didn't mean for it to sound uncaring. I think it's great that, after you have done your major purchase and forgotten some items, you can order $50 and still get free shipping :) I can't seem to be able to go under $50 :tongue_smilie:

I suspect, after reading about the third party companies that run their warehouse operations that it has a great deal to do with how (little) they pay the folks who fill and package their orders. I struggle with it quite a bit, honestly because I have a Prime membership and order from them quite a bit (like the Coleman Instant Tent we got as a gift this year that cannot have been cheap to ship). About the only thing that makes it better for me is that they at least ship UPS. It would be a deal breaker for me if it was FedEx.

I must live fairly close to RR because once it ships I get my stuff super quick. I'm more likely to buy elsewhere, though, because coming up with the money in order to not have to tack shipping on top is a big stretch for us. I was really glad to see this offer because I'm again having difficulties coming up with the $150 and would likely need to put our order off for a bit until I do. This way I can split it up and get some of the things we need sooner rather than later. Seeing it on their website literally took a huge weight off my shoulders.

Oops.. I didn't mean for it to sound uncaring. I think it's great that, after you have done your major purchase and forgotten some items, you can order $50 and still get free shipping :) I can't seem to be able to go under $50 :tongue_smilie:

No, no, I didn't mean that. I had a hard time getting to $50 and began adding things I didn't need, and then started deleting. If RR had used $75 instead, I would have gotten past $50 and then gotten stuck. Weird mind tricks, I say.

Did anyone order this week and have a shipment notice? Cuz I didn't get an email today and I'm sort of, kind of disappointed.

*sigh* I usually can't avoid spending less than $150 at RR. I buy so many interesting things from their that I use to keep my Little's entertained. Do you know how many of those Toobs we own?

Which reminds me...our incentive bin is drastically low and I need to stock up. Too bad DH is still home recovering from a broken leg because otherwise, I'd be blowing a stack of cash at RR's website right about now.

*sigh* I usually can't avoid spending less than $150 at RR. I buy so many interesting things from their that I use to keep my Little's entertained. Do you know how many of those Toobs we own?

Which reminds me...our incentive bin is drastically low and I need to stock up. Too bad DH is still home recovering from a broken leg because otherwise, I'd be blowing a stack of cash at RR's website right about now.

We love the Toobs but you can get them with a 50% coupon at AC Moore or Michaels for around $5. I guess the harder to find Toobs I would get through RR if I got free shipping. I got my dd the rest of her Safari Ltd Winners Circle horses that she couldn't find at Michaels or ACMoore at RR. They were the only ones who had them at a reasonable price, even with shipping!

Thanks, so RR prefers that we don't track our package intently every day. :D

I don't typically get the "your order has shipped, here's your tracking number" email from RR until after ai've received my package.

what do you usually get from RR for this?