Menu

Preschool Plans (2012-2013)

bttrflyvld

I will be trying to teach my two-year-old that "three four" fits in nicely between "one two five."

We'll also be doing Phonics Pathways and Get Ready for the Code, plus read-alouds, and some more MaryAnn Kohl art projects, and lots of field trips.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My three year old keeps pointing to words and asking what they "say", but gets frustrated when I try to teach him letter sounds.

My plan is to read him tons of books, so he can memorize them and tell me that he "knows this book and can read it".

Beyond that, I'd like him to learn to not tell me dinner is "agusting" when he doesn't like what I've prepared. :glare:

I will be trying to teach my two-year-old that "three four" fits in nicely between "one two five."

ALL of my kids have skipped the number 7 when first starting to count. And my current 3 year old would get into the teens and throw in "Tuesday". :lol:

Beyond that, I'd like him to learn to not tell me dinner is "agusting" when he doesn't like what I've prepared. :glare:

My 3 year old is likewise in an "I don't like it" phase (before even trying it, and it's mostly things he normally DOES like). Breakfast is carrying him through the day these days. :tongue_smilie: This is a phase. It shall pass. I've BTDT twice before. Still annoying every time. :D

ALL of my kids have skipped the number 7 when first starting to count. And my current 3 year old would get into the teens and throw in "Tuesday". :lol:

My 3 year old is likewise in an "I don't like it" phase (before even trying it, and it's mostly things he normally DOES like). Breakfast is carrying him through the day these days. :tongue_smilie: This is a phase. It shall pass. I've BTDT twice before. Still annoying every time. :D

Yes! Things he used to love, things he'll eat one day and enjoy is all of sudden not to his liking. He isn't hungry a lot of times either. Thanks for the commiseration and encouragement!

Tuesday! That is AWESOME. Did you guys see this exchange on 30 Rock last season?

Jack: Where did you go to school, Devon?

Devon: I had the best education in the world. Private Kindergarten where I got straight check marks. Experiential boarding school in Carmel where the students teach the students and the teachers teach animals. A year abroad on an all-male catamaran. Then on to Northwestern were I majored in confidence. I had every educational advantage, Jack. Just like my children will.

Jack: But I beat you.

Devon: What?

Jack: I beat you. I came from nothing, but I caught up and I crushed you. Just like Liddy is going to crush your sons. She’s already sorting objects by shape and color.

Devon: At 11 months? I don’t think so.

Jack: She can count 10 if you say seven for her.

Devon: She gets 5 and 9?

Jack: She can say 5 words.

Devon: So?

Jack: … In Mandarin! They put her with the toddlers in singing and clapping class at fun factory.

Devon: She’s in orange group?

Jack: She’s already out of Piaget’s sensory motor stage.

Devon: That’s impossible.

Jack: She scored a 62 on the object permanence matrix.

Devon: But that’s an adult score.

Jack: And did I mention, she’s already using the potty.

Devon: Surely just for wee wee.

Jack: See you in 30 years, Banks.