Menu

new here, hello

Guest Dominican

Guest Dominican

Hi, I'm new here. I have come at times to lurk, but not too often. I welcome the wisdom of all on this board!

I have 5 children, 25, 11, 10, 8, 7 and a dgs living with us who is 1.

I have been HSing going on 4 years, this next year I will be using SL core 6 and 1, Saxon math, SL science, Abeka science, Apologia science (and I'm not sure how I will like any of them), Prima Latina, Christiana Latina, Sequential Spelling, R&S English (LOVE this), Wordly Wise, maybe Writing Strands.

I am LDS (Mormon), was born in Dominican Republic (hence the username). I am sometimes on SL forum and Homeschool Reviews.

I have a ds who is in competitive gymnastics and a dd who is in equestrian events (jumping dresage) competing, so we end up doing a lot of traveling, especially in winter months.

Welcome! I have a ds, 11 who has always been homeschooled. He's a sensitive sports guy. He plays baseball, football, practices martial arts and LOVES to read fantasy novels (dragons, mythical creatures, etc.).

We spent some time in Utah and greatly miss our LDS friends! The homeschooling community in Utah is totally awsome! I know, you don't live there. We are Christain and go to Calvary Chapel.

I consider us ecclectic homeshoolers. We jump all over the place but for 6th grade in August we'll use Saxon, Christiana Latina, Exploring Botony AND Zoololy I, SOTW 3, A History of US, Heroes of History Worldly Wise, Building Spelling Skills, and many other resources that I can't remember right now. I am doing an intensive Lit study this year also.

Welcome to the boards! Happy Homeschooling!:seeya:

Welcome. I hope you enjoy the friendships and wisdom here as much as I do. The people here I consider my support group.

I like being here as the group is a grand mixture of about everything. I like to read others opinions on things because they come at it from different perspectives. However, I value their ideas because they are well thought out and full of great wisdom.