Menu

very frustrated about bOOkshelves

My 14yo and I went to Dillard's today to get another one just like the one she already has and found out they discontinued it. It's the only underwire she's ever been able to tolerate. At her size, she really does better with the support of an underwire. Even finding her size is difficult because she's so thin.

We came back empty-handed again.

I feel so bad that my oldest and youngest got my chest. It isn't something that I would wish on anybody. I was planning to get a reduction this summer, but we've had so many issues (wisdom teeth for 2 kids, vet emergency for the dog, 2 crowns for me, ...) that I decided to put it off until next summer.

I have large bOOkshelves as well, so I feel your pain. :grouphug: I have had great luck finding my unusual (smaller band, larger cup) size at figleaves.com. They can definitely be expensive, so I try to wait for sales or for a coupon code at retailmenot.com

at first I really thought bookshelves because well, I have gone thru too many because I cram way too many books onto them. too the topic on hand - i can feel the pain of this topic because 90% of the ones sold here are for 32-36 B-D not for a large woman like me at 40-42 D/DD depending on style. I too recommend VS and wished they had one here.

Victoria's Secret does carry up to DD in some sizes, but they don't in a 30 band size like my 19yo needs.

D to DD isn't anywhere near as large as I need. I was beyond that size when I was 18yo. Think Dolly Parton. I was just one inch taller than her, but the same size everywhere else when I was 18yo. My 19yo and 14yo unfortunately take after me that way. My 14yo just hasn't quite gotten up there yet.

I have tried Lane Bryant for myself, but they start with band sizes too big for me. Dillard's carries quite a few in my actual size, but all the underwires leave bruises on me and on my 14yo. My 19yo doesn't have any problems with that, but she's the one who managed to live through a full year in a Boston brace for scoliosis without problems.

I didn't have any luck at the specialty bra shop, but I'm going to try taking my 14yo there some time this week.

I have a small band and larger cup. There are only two places in town that I have found something that fits -- Soma in the Arboretum (same shopping center as B&N) and Petticoat Fair by Highland Mall. Both are kind of pricey. Once I was desperate and went to Fredericks in the mall and found something that would work with a certain dress, but I could understand not wanting to drag a teen in there.

I have the small band/large cup issue and no one near me carries my size. or even close to my size. Even Macy's here does not carry anything below 32! I order from Amazon and use the free returns if it doesn't work out. I have had good luck with Calvin Klein.

Victoria's Secret doesn't carry anything even close -- I think their 30s are only A-B, and they don't have 28 at all. I find it bizarre that I am not all that petite, yet find it so difficult to bra shop -- it must be even worse for a teenager.

I usually buy from breakoutbras.com. They have really helpful fitters who will talk to you on the phone or engage in an email convo with you to get a good fit. They have lots of larger cup sizes.

Panache bras fit and support really well when you are large busted but very small in the rib cage.

We're actually planning to go to Petticoat Fair right after my 14yo's voice lessons since they are in the same area. We'll combine it with a trip to Guitar Center just around the corner.

I've been there before for myself, but everything they had was underwire. While the underwires I got there did fit better than anything I had bought elsewhere, they still left me with visible bruises by the end of the day.

Victoria's Secret does carry up to DD in some sizes, but they don't in a 30 band size like my 19yo needs.

I bought my one daughter a Calvin Klein 30DD bra at TJ Maxx. Not all of their styles come in a 30 band size, but those that do go up to a DD. If you don't see them at TJ Maxx, you can find them at the outlet stores. Neiman Marcus also carries outlier sizes and will fit you (but sometimes not well...it's best to already have a good idea of what you want before going in there). Unfortunately, this daughter could really use a 28 band size as she wears the 30 on the smallest hook. Not sure where to find that. This is my 15yo and she and my 18yo are withiin a half and inch of the same height. My 18yo has a bigger ribcage and much larger shoulders and weighs about 8-10lbs more even though she looks so much leaner. My 15yo is very narrow around the ribcage, is big busted, curvy and weighs less than 100lbs even though her curves belie that fact. It's weird that they came from the same gene pool.

Anyway, I know what you are going through.

I have the small band/large cup issue and no one near me carries my size. or even close to my size. Even Macy's here does not carry anything below 32! I order from Amazon and use the free returns if it doesn't work out. I have had good luck with Calvin Klein.

Victoria's Secret doesn't carry anything even close -- I think their 30s are only A-B, and they don't have 28 at all. I find it bizarre that I am not all that petite, yet find it so difficult to bra shop -- it must be even worse for a teenager.

Yeah! You know, women come in so many more shapes and sizes than they did even a generation ago. My girls are half South American, so they top out at about 5 feet and 100 pounds, but at least some are getting my mom's big busted genes. So many mixed chicks in our nation, yet so few suitable bra sizes. Even I'm 5-3 and weigh a respectable 120 or so and I could really use a 30 band size in some brands. For that matter, where do all the skinny girls with the breast enhancements go for bras? That describes about 1/3 of the women in Maricopa County. They can't all be wearing the wrong size bra. Or maybe they are?

You might check out Decent Exposures. They're more like a sports bra, but very supportive (I've got a 32-33" band and G cup). They're my everyday, comfortable bra. You can get custom sizes and they will do resizing work for free after you get it and try it on (if the straps are too long/short, cup needs resizing, etc.) If you completely don't like it, they will refund your money, too (I had to do that once when the fabric I chose was just too stretchy).

http://decentexposures.com/

:grouphug: I remember those days when it was hard to find bras in my size . . . . (though one band size larger was everywhere, or one cup size smaller. :glare:.)

try online for the exact style number. try nordstrom's (sometimes they have sizes no one else does). try macy's.