Menu

Olympic Trials - swimming...

start tomorrow. My young swimmer dudes are excited, esp. since three of the swimmers at our club whom they've watched for the last 2 years will be competing (none are expected to qualify, at least for this Olympics, but going to the Trials themselves is way cool).

Any other swim moms being asked to record the nightly broadcasts of finals?

We're not watching the swimming trials, but the track and field trials are being held in our hometown. We're going to a special kids' meet this week to race and watch the trials (on the big screens in the public area) and hang out in the Nike tent and more. MIL is volunteering, and it sounds like a great big track party down there!

A friend's swimmer son had a qualifying time for the swimming Trials, but ended up needing shoulder surgery. :(

What a thrill it must be for your kids to see people they know swimming!

The whole thing is so exciting! We love watching the Olympics. :)

Cat

We will be watching! My dh swam from a little guy through college. He knew a lot of Olympians. Now he does Masters swimming. It makes him feel old lol

Amanda Bennett's Olympic Unit Study is awesome, btw, for anyone wanting to study the Olympics for a month. It is a download and has so many links you could spend months just chaing rabbit holes. You can find it at unitstudy.com

Our club also has 3 swimmers going. We will certainly be watching. One of our swimmers has a long shot chance. Maybe. He should make finals at least, hopefully... Our team had a last chance meet last month. I got to time a couple of kids who made their qualifying times. It was quite exciting! We will also be getting to have a meet and greet session with the team (Mr. Phelps, of course, has declined participation.) during their training in July. Can't wait!

We will be watching in our home. My daughter swims in an able body and adaptive swim team and two of her team mates made the Paralympic team (Paralympic = elite physically disabled athletes) which is two weeks after the Olympics, including a third gentleman that her Coach worked with for a few months right after he lost his eyesight in September.

We have one more good friend to cheer on in the Paralympic track trials that start on Friday.

We will be watching in our home. My daughter swims in an able body and adaptive swim team and two of her team mates made the Paralympic team (Paralympic = elite physically disabled athletes) which is two weeks after the Olympics, including a third gentleman that her Coach worked with for a few months right after he lost his eyesight in September.

We have one more good friend to cheer on in the Paralympic track trials that start on Friday.

That's just cool.

That's just cool.

Sorry, don't know how to double quote, and don't mean to hijack, but if you would like to read an inspirational story :

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/13/12190212-shot-in-the-dark-blinded-sailor-aims-for-paralympic-games-in-london?lite

Brad Snyder lost his eyesight in Afganistan in September and less then one year later will be representing the US in the Paralympics in London. If you can't tell, I love Paralympic sports and the athletes :). And they do not get the attention they deserve.