Menu

Please tell me what is VBS?

Please excuse my ignorance...I know what VBS stands for (Vacation Bible School), but what exactly is the purpose of it? There are lots of churches and it seems that all of them offer a free VBS and it's only for a few days or week at the most. What goes on and what is the point? How long has it been happening? Whose idea was it any way?

Thanks. :)

I can't give you any scholarly answers, but I can remember walking to VBS at a church in another neighborhood when I was in elementary school (before my own church started having it). That would be almost 40 years ago. The thing I remember best is the red punch and cookies, simple crafts, and learning some songs and Bible verses.

From my perspective, it's just a fun, relaxed get-together built around a simple theme. I guess you could say it was Christian daycamp lite. I think part of the intent is to encourage kids to come to Sunday School and church year-round. The themes and curricula seem to come from some central place - someone more involved in a church would have to fill you in on that.

I think originally it was a way for churches to reach out into the community and encourage "un-churched" children/families to come to church. It's been around since I was a kid.

Now, well... the only people I know who take their kids to VBS' are already involved in church- they use it as free daycare/babysitting during the summer. :/ I actually know several people who take their kids to ALL of the VBS' at ALL of the churches ALL summer long. Personally.. I kind of think it's past it's usefulness. I tend to believe there are more effective ways to reach out and help a community.

I think of it as mini church camp for kids. I always went growing up. It lasted a week for a few hours in the evening. You could bring your friends or go to the one at their church. It was a less scholarly approach to Sunday school with fun, positive lessons, better crafts, more snacks, and more kiddie fellowship time. Sometimes there was a presentation at the end of the week for parents . . . Usually a song or skit.

They seem more intense now. The one my mom runs is more like a day camp and they do a lot more with the longer time-span. The presentation at the end seems like a bigger deal. I think it's turned from kiddie fellowship to a kiddie revival.

My son will be attending VBS at our church next week. It's a week long, mornings only. They sing songs, play games, do crafts, eat snacks - similar to other types of day camps. It's just that it has a Christian/Catholic focus.

In our city, many, many kids attend a variety of week-long summer camps, often as a day-care option, or sometimes because parents don't know what to do with their kids all day, or just because parents think it would be fun for their kids. The camps all have different age-appropriate themes, including sports, robotics, princesses, drama, and art. We even have a "Survivor/Amazing Race" themed camp.

I chose the VBS because I thought it would just be a fun thing for him to do, and I liked that it was only a half-day program (he's only 5). So we have afternoon time to swim or go to a park with friends. And because it's church-sponsored, the price is very reasonable.

As far as the "being alone with church personnel" issue, I think that could be an issue at any type of day camp, or any school for that matter. Our VBS is run by the teen youth group with adult supervision. And the children are divided into groups where the ages in each group range from 5 to 11. I think it's neat for the older kids to engage with & encourage the younger ones. It is consistent with part of my HS philosophy, that children should get to interact with all ages, not just a group of 20 kids their own age.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Kathleen in LV

What you have here is a pretty good range of what it might look like.

It's basically Super-fun Sunday School in a day-camp setting.

Depending on the denomination, you'll have a generalized "God loves you. Be nice to people," sort of focus to a "You're going straight to Hell if you don't get some Jesus in you," mentality, to everything in between.

I used to work for a Christian publishing house of this second type, and we developed a yearly VBS curriculum. (Ok, we didn't overtly talk about hell, but the hopes were that our VBS would somehow influence children to accept Jesus so they wouldn't go to hell. We did push a salvation message that intimated hell if didn't outright preach it. Some are much more explicit.)

Some are very denominationally-based, and some are more "general" Christian.

Generally there are snacks and crafts, songs and games. Videos perhaps. Bible stories and Bible verses to memorize.

I'd only be willing to send my kids to the very, very most liberal possible VBS anymore. I don't send my kids at all, actually. ;)

Most VBS's I've been are run by really dedicated people who are willing to take a week out of their summer and really try to do something they see as beneficial for kids. It's a lot of work to do one well.

Edited by Ipsey
ETA: publishing house info

I remember VBS when I was a child, so they are not really a new idea. It's usually just religious-themed crafts, activities, stories, maybe some snacks. It is supposed to give the kids something fun and uplifting to do.

Clearly, if you aren't religious, it's likely going to be something you aren't interested in. But my kids are going to one at my brother's parish (we're Catholic) and they are looking forward to it! It's only a few hours a day, but it'll be fun for them to spend time with their friends.

Edited by ssavings

When I was a kid, I went to every one within walking distance. It was a fun way to find out how the other churches did things. Aside from the obvious pull of free snacks. (Kids didn't have a constant supply of snacks and drinks in those days.) For us, it was totally voluntary and everyone was welcome (as long as they behaved).

I did it once when I was a kid- it was horrible! Toward the end of the week (or maybe it was the end), the preacher led a service and we were all told to close our eyes and if we loved god more than anything- even our mother and father and siblings- then we could come up and be saved. I remember just crying b/c how could I say I didn't love my family more than anything? I was like 8 or something- it was really confusing and I knew I was going to hell but I could not say for sure. I still have no idea if no one came up or everyone did but the sobbing little girl. He said not to open your eyes so I didnt- feeling certain that if I did I would be struck dead or something. :lol: I went to another church camp- overnight, years later and it was a very similar feeling with similar reactions.

It is good to hear that other people have positive reactions :lol: I honestly thought they were all pretty much like the ones I attended.

I think originally it was a way for churches to reach out into the community and encourage "un-churched" children/families to come to church. It's been around since I was a kid.

This is the purpose of it for our church. We sent out over 10000 flyers, and visited door to door inviting families. They also use it as an opportunity to get the teens involved. The entire thing is ran by our youth group (with adult leaders supervising.) It is wonderful!

I did it once when I was a kid- it was horrible! Toward the end of the week (or maybe it was the end), the preacher led a service and we were all told to close our eyes and if we loved god more than anything- even our mother and father and siblings- then we could come up and be saved. I remember just crying b/c how could I say I didn't love my family more than anything? I was like 8 or something- it was really confusing and I knew I was going to hell but I could not say for sure. I still have no idea if no one came up or everyone did but the sobbing little girl. He said not to open your eyes so I didnt- feeling certain that if I did I would be struck dead or something. :lol: I went to another church camp- overnight, years later and it was a very similar feeling with similar reactions.

It is good to hear that other people have positive reactions :lol: I honestly thought they were all pretty much like the ones I attended.

That's an altar call, and many Christian churches never do them. Mine finds them manipulative and it's contrary to our theology.

I went to a VBS with a friend when I was a kid. My church doesn't do VBS, so that was the only time I ever went. I enjoyed it but it was also very strange to me in some ways--my friend's church was kind of revivalist or something and I had no idea what was happening sometimes! It was a good experience for me (no altar call).

Now we have a family tradition of always going to the Episcopalian VBS, which is a really nice program, with fun activities, science experiments, and plays acting out Bible stories. Definitely no altar calls. My older daughter wanted to be a junior counselor this year but her church camp is the same week--but they are still asking her to come and help plan the week before. Such nice people they are.

I have never been to a VBS with an altar call (church camp, yes). In my experience (as a child, teen/adult volunteer) they mostly involve crafts, games, songs and Bible verse memorization built around a central theme.

One of the ones I went to used to do this. It was a super fun program, and I never felt pressured at the time of the altar call. I didn't go up because I knew the church's beliefs were somewhat different from mine but wasn't sure exactly how different, and plus, I felt I still had some spiritual growing to do.

That said, I found that particular program to be so positive, I started attending their Sunday School instead of the one my parents sent us to. (With permission, of course.) It was far away so they'd send a bus to pick us up. I think it's a really good experience for a kid to check out other churches in a no-pressure environment.

I thought VBS stood for that week that mom gets quiet planning time. :D

Not if you're one of the moms teaching during VBS:tongue_smilie: I do it for my kids mostly. They enjoy going; I'm not comfortable just leaving them (even though it's "our" church, we've been there for almost 20 years). We do a CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship) Day Camp, it's from 9:30am to 3:00 pm, Mon-Fri. We have church kids but the majority of these kids are day-care kids. And can I just say, for those who volunteer their time, it's a lot of work but at times it can also be quite rewarding.

I went to VBS as a kid and my kids love to go now. It's like a week-long Sunday school to me. We sang songs, memorized Scripture and had a Bible lesson, did crafts, played games, ate a snack and then went home. I have never been to one with an altar call. The leaders would tell the kids that they could ask an adult if they wanted to know more about Jesus, but there was never any pressure to do so.

I went to VBS every year growing up and I always really enjoyed it. We did crafts, played games, sang songs, heard Bible stories and had a snack. My church has one every year in the summer and it always gets hundreds of children. Our church is near a low income neighborhood, so for many families it's a free day camp. At the end of the week they often have an inflatable slide, cotton candy and other fun things. There's no altar calls or pressure of any kind.

I take our kids to VBS at our church. They have a theme each year and they completely transform the church! It is so much fun. This year the kids walked into the sanctuary by a bridge over a pond. Everything was decorated to look like the wilderness. They did a running skit throughout the week about some kids camping.

They studied the story of Moses all week. They learned Bible verses, sang songs, did crafts, played games, jumped in bounce houses and much more. They both came home having learned something and they made some friends. We do pay $10 for the t-shirt they wear all week.

I loved VBS when I was little.

There are many, many VBS in our town. They run the gamate from indoctrination camps for a particular denomination to super-fun-amazing-didn't-even-notice-the-Jesus-part camps (complete with bounce houses, slip-and-slides, rockclimbing, ziplines, concerts, BMX bikes, snowcones, etc). I know people who send their kids to each and every one to get a few hours of free childcare each week. Others only attend the camp offered by their home church. I send my kids to the above described "super fun" camp. It's at MIL's church, she's a camp counselor, and I have researched it enough to know that there is no alter call. I think the church runs it primarily to expose 800-1000 kids (yes, that's how many kids attend this monstrosity) and their families to their church.

:001_rolleyes:

If you think the word "alone" could ever describe any child or adult volunteer's experience at VBS, you've clearly never been at one. I would challenge you to find any volunteers who get even a minute to themselves during VBS.

:iagree: And it's never just church personnel. It takes a boatload of volunteers to run VBS.

I have never been to a VBS with an altar call (church camp, yes). In my experience (as a child, teen/adult volunteer) they mostly involve crafts, games, songs and Bible verse memorization built around a central theme.

This has been my experience as well. VBS has been around for YEARS. My mom attended it as a child back in the 50's. Depending on the amount of funds a church has, they will vary on what they offer. When we had a pastor who had in the past had a travelling puppet ministry, we had funny puppet shows (think Sesame Street type puppets) that taught a good moral lesson (example: Don't steal.) A lot of the ones around here have the fun blow up slides, bounce houses, play water games etc. All of the VBS's that I have been involved with are run by people who are dedicating their time (and sometimes donating quite a bit of money w/o asking for repayment) to give the neighborhood a fun, free activity for the summer to show God's love.

Edited by Homemama2

Sorry this happened to you and that you felt so manipulated. This wasn't my experience at all.

I'm not sure if my kids were ever in altar calls in earlier years, but if so, they certainly didn't feel manipulated. NO ONE can make them do anything they don't want to do and they would easily tell an adult who was pressuring them this.

I agree, I do not like to be told to shut my eyes, and don't open them or do this or do that. I just don't do what I'm ordered to do for no apparent reason. Guess that's where my kids got it.

I had similar experiences with one as a kid. I wouldn't say it was horrible to me though - more weird. My family was Christian, but we were kind of hippie liberals out in the middle of the Georgia hills. It was more like a strange cultural experience to me - even as a young child. I can remember being huddled on the red carpet next to my cousin with my eyes shut tight listening to them intone to us to all be saved... or else! And kids crying. My cousin, I seem to recall, giggled, and I'm sure that helped.

But I went to many others and my mother later became a minister and worked as a children's minister for awhile. Many places buy a package theme and materials for VBS, kind of like buying Sunday School materials.

I think good VBS usually has a nominal fee, is mostly fun camp stuff, but includes community building and, of course, some actual bible education.

*disclaimer* My dh is in ministry. We are regular church goers, and have participated in VBS.

VBS ideally should be a time of fun and learning about Christ. Unfortunately it seems to lead to a lot of children having false ideas about their salvation. I've never liked the "group think" tendancy that VBS or any other kids church camp has.

That said, my kids have gone when they were younger and had a great time. We rely on our teaching at home to firm up their learning about Christ. If your kids attend, just keep in mind that most VBS programs will end with some sort of call to salvation, especially if it is a Baptist church (which is what my experience is mainly with). And the kids often answer without fully understanding, mostly because they don't want to be left out. I would be very wary of VBS programs that give out prizes of any sort for "praying the prayer" or "checking the box" or anything of the sort. (and yes, I've seen it done)

This is the purpose of it for our church. We sent out over 10000 flyers, and visited door to door inviting families. They also use it as an opportunity to get the teens involved. The entire thing is ran by our youth group (with adult leaders supervising.) It is wonderful!

:iagree:

*disclaimer* My dh is in ministry. We are regular church goers, and have participated in VBS.

VBS ideally should be a time of fun and learning about Christ. Unfortunately it seems to lead to a lot of children having false ideas about their salvation. I've never liked the "group think" tendancy that VBS or any other kids church camp has.

That said, my kids have gone when they were younger and had a great time. We rely on our teaching at home to firm up their learning about Christ. If your kids attend, just keep in mind that most VBS programs will end with some sort of call to salvation, especially if it is a Baptist church (which is what my experience is mainly with). And the kids often answer without fully understanding, mostly because they don't want to be left out. I would be very wary of VBS programs that give out prizes of any sort for "praying the prayer" or "checking the box" or anything of the sort. (and yes, I've seen it done)

:iagree:with the bolded, as I am a Baptist, BUT I would like to say that while every VBS I've ever attended has had an altar call, there was never any manipulation or guilt laid on anyone to try to make them come forward. It was always done as an open invitation for any who desired to.

I was saved at the age of 9 at a VBS, so they hold a special place in my heart. :)

My church occasionally does the "every eye closed" thing, but it is so that anyone who may feel "on the spot" to come forward can do so or raise their arm without feeling like all eyes are on them, not to make anyone feel like they are being told to do something against their will.

My kids went to VBS for years and now, for the last number of years, they have volunteered for them. Most years, I am a volunteer too.

We have been to VBS at Methodist, Presbyterian (of various groups) and military chapel - which was run by Baptist and Church of Christ chaplains. Not a one of them had any hellfire sermon or anything like that. They were all some type of Bible themed day camps with some PE, crafts, snacks, singing, and Bible story time. A typical message was like the one I volunteered at this year which had Daniel as the main theme with Daniel in the Lion's Den front and center. Many churches, including mine here, do one VBS at the home church for local kids and kids from the church and then they were doing one at a second area where the kids were from housing projects. Oh and it wasn't because we wanted to keep the kids separate- simply because the one at the housing project let those children easily come even if they had no transportation. The center, which has a preschool and an after school tutoring component regularly, and which was started by our congregation, let those children have a fun day camp experience for no cost. OUr church VBS was also no cost and anyone could sign up- they didn't have to be members. Our church in No VA arranged transportation for a number of kids from a low income area near the church to come. I think the kids that came from there were mostly from families that already had some contact with the church through tutoring or food help or something of that sort. They weren't driving through the neighborhood looking for kids- these kids had been signed up by their parents.

My kids always enjoyed being in VBS and they all volunteered to help in VBS when they got to old to be going to them. Oh, and in none of the VBS I was involved with was there ever an altar call.

:iagree:with the bolded, as I am a Baptist, BUT I would like to say that while every VBS I've ever attended has had an altar call, there was never any manipulation or guilt laid on anyone to try to make them come forward. It was always done as an open invitation for any who desired to.

I was saved at the age of 9 at a VBS, so they hold a special place in my heart. :)

My church occasionally does the "every eye closed" thing, but it is so that anyone who may feel "on the spot" to come forward can do so or raise their arm without feeling like all eyes are on them, not to make anyone feel like they are being told to do something against their will.

We never had any Catholic ones in our area when I was growing up, so we would attend a few at other places if we had friends attending that church. They were basic moral lessons with fun and games. (We didn't go often, because nearly everyone in our entire neighborhood was Catholic.) They were always free or low cost.

Now the Catholic churches up here have a VBS, but I checked in for my own kids and the cheapest was $65 for the week. Heh, no thank you. Our own parish had one for $100 for the week for three hours a day, but you had to be paid up on your religious education classes. I still owe $500.

Last year, we lived downstate, and the fee was only $25, so it might just be some of the Chicagoland parishes that cost ridiculous amounts of money.

Another thing I've found out is for some of the others, you have to reserve your spot way back in March. It wasn't even on my radar then!

Episcopalian here. Our VBS is of the song and dance, craft, activities, snack, and bible story variety. They buy a pre-packaged national curriculum, have a boat-load of adult and teen volunteers, and end the week with a lunch and song program done by the kids for the parents. It's basically kids from our church and their friends. There's definitely no altar-calling or pressure of any kind. It was free, though they've been charging $5-$10 (if you can pay, if not it's fine) the past few years as the church is hurting financially. They pick up/drop off those who can't get there on their own (we have a separate Spanish service and many of them ride the bus to VBS). It's just a fun, three-hour, week-long Sunday school in DS's opinion.

I do know people who VBS-hop all Summer for inexpensive/free childcare, and I don't care for it, but the churches don't seem to mind,

Now the Catholic churches up here have a VBS, but I checked in for my own kids and the cheapest was $65 for the week. Heh, no thank you. Our own parish had one for $100 for the week for three hours a day, but you had to be paid up on your religious education classes. I still owe $500.

Wow! Our parish is running one for $15/kid for the week.

This is how it is in our church as well. My kids have all volunteered once they are past the age that they can attend.

On the last day, we do tell the kids if they want to know more about living for Jesus, to fill out a card. It gets brought to the youth director, and she talks with the parents first to see if it is ok that she discuss what the kids want to know about. No pressure, and certainly not done without parental consent. Though I don't understand why someone would knowingly bring their child to BIBLE school, and get offended that they were given the opportunity to learn more.

:lol: good point.

Our church doesn't talk to the kids about that kind of thing at all. At the week-ending program, parents are told that of they'd like information on the church, they can fill something out to have someone contact them. There's no pressure on the kids at all.

My kids tried out VBS a couple of years ago. They got to dress up in robes, set up an "ancient" marketplace, had a petting zoo with goats, chickens, etc. In between all the arts and crafts activities, they heard Bible stories and sang songs. They had a lot of fun.

Pentacostal btw.

How on earth does a thread asking about VBS get 20 deleted posts, and why on earth did I have to miss them all??

My kids LOVE VBS, ds13 is bummed he has aged out of them but is not quite ready to help out running them. It is just like fun sunday school, the kids have done 1/2 day VBS, and full day. The 1/2 day classes you have your verse/theme for the day and all the crafts/song/games etc match to that verse/theme, the full day classes did that in the am, then they had lunch and after lunch was a fieldtrip. My kids loved that one the most.

We do not go to church every sunday since we moved here 2 years ago, but my kids still love what they do in VBS, they ask for the songs on youtube throughout the year etc.

If you are a Christian looking for a daycamp for your kids that teaches about the bible than VBS is right for you, if you are not Christian, or don't want a bible camp than it is not the right fit. Easy as that.

I went to VBS with my cousins as a child, and enjoyed it very much. It was mainly just learning Bible stories and verses and doing crafts. I'm an atheist now (not because of VBS :tongue_smilie:) but I've thought about sending my kids to our local Lutheran VBS, to learn about the Bible (DH's family is Lutheran, and both of my parents grew up attending Lutheran churches). I thought it might be disingenuous, though, as we'd never plan on attending church.

P.S. I have to admit, I'm dying to know why there are so many deleted posts in this thread. I never knew VBS was such a controversial subject. :confused:

I take our kids to VBS at our church. They have a theme each year and they completely transform the church! It is so much fun. This year the kids walked into the sanctuary by a bridge over a pond. Everything was decorated to look like the wilderness. They did a running skit throughout the week about some kids camping.

They studied the story of Moses all week. They learned Bible verses, sang songs, did crafts, played games, jumped in bounce houses and much more. They both came home having learned something and they made some friends. We do pay $10 for the t-shirt they wear all week.

I loved VBS when I was little.

Our old church in the city did this, it was the one with field trips in teh afternoon, the kids LOVED seeing the transformation and entering the sancutuary via the various ways set up to match the theme.

Wow! Our parish is running one for $15/kid for the week.

Yeah, it's crazy But everything around here seems to cost a ton! I had sticker shock when we moved back and look forward to getting back out of this whole area. :tongue_smilie:

My kids will probably end up attending the non-denominational Christian camp at their aunt's church because it's free and fairly mild. I think it's mostly crafts and songs and water balloon tosses.

VBS is essentially "it takes a village" style of bringing together adult/youth volunteers to share the joy of their faith. Crafts, songs, being silly, being encouraged and nurtured by volunteers and celebrating being a kid and learning more about who God is...It is a great ministry.

How on earth does a thread asking about VBS get 20 deleted posts, and why on earth did I have to miss them all??

I was wondering the same thing!

For the past 5 years we have belonged to 2 churches that do VBS. In my experience they have an enormous cost (financial and volunteer) for very little apparent benefit. Most of the kids attending already have a church and the moms are just using it for free time during the week. I guess I can't blame them, though! I might have done the same if I hadn't been volunteering. ;)

That said, we (kids and me) usually help out. (I do believe in supporting the church's activities even if they are not my favorite.) My daughter is excited that she has finally aged out and can help this summer. She has found it too babyish for the past 2 years but has gone because everyone else has. This year, they are helping and I am taking the week off to do much-needed house projects. ;)

Now, well... the only people I know who take their kids to VBS' are already involved in church- they use it as free daycare/babysitting during the summer. :/ I actually know several people who take their kids to ALL of the VBS' at ALL of the churches ALL summer long. Personally.. I kind of think it's past it's usefulness. I tend to believe there are more effective ways to reach out and help a community.

There was exactly one year when my three girls, at the time, age 4, and finishing 4th & 6th grade, could all go to a VBS. (around here, 4 is too young, and finishing 6th is too old.) I took them all to the Lutheran church 1 mile away and ENJOYED my mornings. The girls loved it so much they invited friends... who happened to be our Pastor's kids. :lol: He let them attend, and it was a great experience for everyone.

This year, BabyBaby is going to our former church's VBS because it is the Answers in Genesis VBS that we love, and she is the only one young enough to attend.

How on earth does a thread asking about VBS get 20 deleted posts, and why on earth did I have to miss them all??.

I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, and I only saw the first post when I peeked in earlier... it was a comment implying VBS is a tactic to provide groups of children in unsupervised situations. I hope the rest of the deleted posts were correcting that misconception.

I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, and I only saw the first post when I peeked in earlier... it was a comment implying VBS is a tactic to provide groups of children in unsupervised situations. I hope the rest of the deleted posts were correcting that misconception.

Yes, the other deleted posts were responding to that snidely made comment (and I'd imagine any quoting it too).

Son went to VBS every year (and I volunteered too) and I never saw an altar call moment. It was fun. We both were in AWANA (Cubbies-Sparks-T&T) and again I was a leader... never saw an altar call moment.

Having said that, I am non-denominational and I recall my old Assemblies of God and Foursquare churches having altar calls every week. ;) But that was for adults.

Ds and I participated in denominational VBS and AWANA programs which for a child were fantastic. Ds now is 17 years old and has grown up with his father being a non-denominational minister and the altar call or ministry time. We kept him out of the ministry time for many years when he was little -- as we did not want him confused or thinking God was "magical".

Ds officially began particpating in altar call ministry at age 15 and we never force him to participate. He chooses to pray for the person. We have never pushed him up front or to attend. If he does not want to, fine -- no problem. He needs to realize God loves him unconditionally and does not care how religious or ritualistic you get. God is wanting a relationship with you. If son grows up and doesn't attend church, I will not be upset. If he grows up and attends a denominational church, no problem. If he grows up and becomes a televangelist hawking innocent people for $$ -- it is a problem and he will have his mama on a rampage as I did not raise my baby to be like that. (Sorry for the rambling... hope that makes sense.)

Edited by tex-mex

I went to all the local VBS when I was a kid, and got "saved" every summer. :glare: When I was a teen and had to help with our church's VBS, I saw how targeted it is really towards the salvation experience {or was at that church at least}.

My dd won't be going, even though we have some really cool ones a block away. The closest thing we do to VBS is the local back to school bash which is sponsored by 7 different churches and a bunch of community groups. They do a puppet show that is slightly religious, and if it gets too religious we leave for popsicles or something.

Dear Moderator....

Why in the world was my message deleted? All it said was...

Originally Posted by Michelle My Bell

All I was talking about was that our church has VBS to be a community outreach. I am very perplexed by this.

Dear Moderator....

Why in the world was my message deleted? All it said was...

All I was talking about was that our church has VBS to be a community outreach. I am very perplexed by this.

umm Michelle that post is still on page 2, it was never deleted. :tongue_smilie: