Menu

I am in the hospital

I woke up this morning in intense pain, apparentyl having the worst gallbladder attack, which ticked me off since I don't have a gallbladder. Two vicodin later and off to the ER we head.

The surgeon was called and apparently during the surgery they do some kind of exam and he saw a stone possibly in my cycstic duct. He said he was ging to refer me to a gastro when I saw him on wed.

So they did an MRCP this morning and I am waiting for the results. If there is still a stone then I will have an ercp tomororw I think.

I don't know how long they plan to keep me and hope if the mrcp shows the stone moved that I can go home today. I am a little tender but not near the pain I was in earlier.

I would appreciate your prayers and thoughts. I am nervous of the risk involved with an ercp, but I know this needs to be dealt with.

I will update when I can. I am so thankful for wifi! LOL

Update:

The mrcp came back normal so the Dr thinks I had a stone stuck in the billary ducts and that is worked it's way out, which caused the pain and elevetated liver enzymes and billirubin. He said that for now I don't need the ercp and that he wants to recheck my #s on Wednesday, which is when I was scheduled to see him anyhow. If my #s are still up I will have to see the gasrto, but if they are coming down I should be in the clear. If I have another attack I will have to have the ercp to make sure something else isn't going on.

So for now I am fine and I am HOME!!! :hurray:

I am wiped out and am going to take a much needed nap. Thanks for the prayers!!! :grouphug:

You must really have the hots for one of those front desk volunteers, girl -- you just can't get enough of that place! ;)

Seriously, I'm glad you're being well cared for and that the pain has subsided. Whatever course this thing takes, I hope you are home and well again soon!

(((Jean)))

Thanks eveyone. I am tired from the drugs, but otherwise feel too good to be here. Atleast I will get my night away that I wanted LOL

Doran, my surgeon is a hotty :D

((((Jean)))) You poor thing! What a way to get a night away from home! Are ya still bored? ;)

I continued to have "gallbladder attacks" well after my gallbladder was removed. Turned out to be acid reflux, I guess. I would still have them but for Aciphex. :D

I'll be praying for you! :grouphug:

Thanks everyone. I am tired from the drugs, but otherwise feel too good to be here. At least I will get my night away that I wanted. LOL

I was so scared when I read the subject line, but now that I see you're all doped up and getting a vacation, I feel better.

I will be praying everything goes smoothly, and that this can be taken care of quickly. Well, not too quickly, as I think you deserve a day or two of rest, and maybe the surgeon's steaminess will take your mind off the actual surgery!

getwellangeltrio.jpg

O God of heavenly powers, by the might of your command you drive away from our bodies all sickness and all infirmity: Be present in your goodness with your servant Jean, that her weakness may be banished and her strength restored; and that, her health being renewed, she may bless your holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

:grouphug:

Dana

the same EXACT thing happened to me. I've had 2 ERCP's, to remove stones. I woke up during the first one, got pancreatitis, had to go back 2 weeks later and repeat. They were done by the Dr. that trained my husband, who was trained by the Dr. who invented ERCP. Entirely not his fault--just a fluke. He felt so bad, though. It's a joke in the med. world that the "worst case scenario" always happens to Dr.'s families. Ugh. So true for me.

On the bright side, my husband can now tell all of his patients that the worst case he's ever seen happens to be his wife.:D If it's any consolation, he does these regularly, and they're usually no biggie. I, however, am a total wimp, and so everything is a biggie to me.:)

Now, just for fun, here's what's happening to me on Thursday. I will be having surgery to fix my ACL. Next door, (or at least, down the hall:)) my husband will be doing "his thing"--endoscopy, colonoscopy, ERCP, etc. His patients are scheduled so far in advance, and he feels badly about canceling at this point. I understand, as I pray for said patients daily. Sooo, it was me who said, "Just go ahead and keep working. You can't be in the operating room anyway. (although he probably could, but I don't need him to be!) I'll be fine." And it's true. I'm always spoiled as a patient, the orthopedic surgeon is our neighbor, and DH is not concerned about the actual surgery in the least. I realize that may sound a bit weird, but it's always been our life. He loves what he does, and he's great at it. And I'm thankful for that.:)

All this to say, I'll pray for you! I know EXACTLY what pain you're dealing with. ERCP is a great invention! Those little stones that "escape" from our gall bladders can wreak havoc.

Thanks eveyone. I am tired from the drugs, but otherwise feel too good to be here. Atleast I will get my night away that I wanted LOL

Now we know the real reason you are back in the hospital - a night away looking at a hot surgeon! :D

Seriously, I hope you feel better soon.

I updated the original post, but it didn't show in the title so here it is the again:

Update:

The mrcp came back normal so the Dr thinks I had a stone stuck in the billary ducts and that is worked it's way out, which caused the pain and elevetated liver enzymes and billirubin. He said that for now I don't need the ercp and that he wants to recheck my #s on Wednesday, which is when I was scheduled to see him anyhow. If my #s are still up I will have to see the gasrto, but if they are coming down I should be in the clear. If I have another attack I will have to have the ercp to make sure something else isn't going on.

So for now I am fine and I am HOME!!! :hurray:

I am wiped out and am going to take a much needed nap. Thanks for the prayers!!! :grouphug:

the same EXACT thing happened to me. I've had 2 ERCP's, to remove stones. I woke up during the first one, got pancreatitis, had to go back 2 weeks later and repeat.

Yikes, I don't want to have that happen! I know the risk is small, but you're scaring me :)

Now, just for fun, here's what's happening to me on Thursday. I will be having surgery to fix my ACL.

Sorry you have to have surgery again and that your DH can't be there. I pray everything goes smoothly! :grouphug:

that's great that the stone may have worked its way out! I'll definitely pray for that. My little stones didn't show up in radiology, so I had to rely on the good judgement of my Dr.s that there really were stones causing my pain. Sure enough, they came out during the 2nd ERCP, as the radiologist continued to read, "no stones," and the gastroenterologist made the cut anyway, just knowing that they were there.

And...that lovely little story is just to say that it'll be okay:)! I know it's stressful, thinking that the surgery has taken care of everything, and then finding out that maybe it didn't...

Thank you for praying for me! It's okay that my DH won't be in the operating room. It cuts down on the small talk!;) When my last baby was born 9 mos. ago, my Dr. was finishing up my C-Section as we all discussed who we hadn't seen since he and my DH were in residency...:rolleyes:

Have a restful nap, and hopefully, no more pain!

Thanks, Christina, for praying for my surgery! I'll ask here in a day or so for any advice on ACL recovery. I'm too nervous to hear anything about it yet!