Menu

8 months pregnant and went down an inner tube waterslide

I took the kids to the pool this afternoon and they were really excited to be allowed to go on the 'big slide' as long as I went with them. I was in a double inner tube (back spot) with DD in front of me. It was a short slide - just two curves and no 'drops' but we went fairly fast and splashed at the bottom.

I didn't even think about it until later - but I totally should not have gone on it! I can't believe the guards didn't say anything to me. I was so concerned about making sure the kids were allowed to go that it didn't occur to me to ask about myself.

I only went down once and that was a few hours ago now. Is everything fine or is this something I should worry about?

My 20 year old neice went on several rides at Universal at 7 months pregnant, almost everything except major roller coasters.

I can't say my DH and I condoned it,but it's not for us to condone.....we were actually quite shocked both that she did it :confused: and that no one single employee stopped her.

Not something I personally would have done, but apparently, it's okay in the end, if you don't have any other medical things going on.

I totally think you are fine! We just got back from a trip to Disney and you would be surprised some of the rides that didnt have restrictions on them for pregnant women. Im 8 months too, and I only rode the easy rides, but it surprised me what they considered totally safe.

I wouldn't worry about the water slide:001_smile:

Well, I'm officially eight months pregnant as of today and I just want to say that for climbing the stairs, maneuvering yourself into the tube, riding the slide and (I'm assuming since you didn't mention any faux pas) gracefully exiting the tube and pool you should be given some type of medal! I'm happy I can still get in and out of a chair by myself with some degree of grace. You're my hero this evening!

And I agree, I'm sure there's no harm done. Sounds like a pretty low impact ride to me.

Well, I'm officially eight months pregnant as of today and I just want to say that for climbing the stairs, maneuvering yourself into the tube, riding the slide and (I'm assuming since you didn't mention any faux pas) gracefully exiting the tube and pool you should be given some type of medal! I'm happy I can still get in and out of a chair by myself with some degree of grace. You're my hero this evening!

And I agree, I'm sure there's no harm done. Sounds like a pretty low impact ride to me.

:iagree: lol you deserve a medal!

You'll likely be fine presuming no other medical issues. I'd have done it!

If it matters, many years ago my OB at the time said a good general rule for whether an activity is safe during pregnancy is to ask ourselves if (in white)

It is more of a physical strain than $ex.;)

And if it is, then to go home and do that instead.

:lol:

I miss that European doctor.

If it matters, many years ago my OB at the time said a good general rule for whether an activity is safe during pregnancy is to ask ourselves if (in white)

:lol::lol:

Good one! And I like how you used the white! So clever.

:grouphug:

I bet your fine.

I went sledding down a hill with my 2 year old while 8 months pregnant with the next one. We hit a lift in the hill I hadn't seen & were air borne. Landed & my child flung out of the innertube. I jumped out to grab him & we both face planted. I'm laughing while telling my mother the story, she's mortified. Like you, I'd never thought of it effecting the growing child within. On the upside, that child is now 9.