Menu

Oh joy (not)

Dh is not happy. He has the boys at his mom's (3 1/2 hours away from here). Older ds keeps taking his cell phone and keeping it in his pocket. Younger ds keeps taking the car keys. And guess what. Locked them in the trunk!

Looks like I will be hitting the road. We are taking old car to his dad for his stepson to drive now. So we can get rid of it that way. But still, BLECH!

Not exactly the knitting and movie watching day I had in mind. Instead, I'll be on the road for 7 hours. Woohoo. Me thinks the dc had better be scared. Very, very scared. Little to big for their britches, you think?:glare:

Dh is not happy. He has the boys at his mom's (3 1/2 hours away from here). Older ds keeps taking his cell phone and keeping it in his pocket. Younger ds keeps taking the car keys. And guess what. Locked them in the trunk!

Looks like I will be hitting the road. We are taking old car to his dad for his stepson to drive now. So we can get rid of it that way. But still, BLECH!

Not exactly the knitting and movie watching day I had in mind. Instead, I'll be on the road for 7 hours. Woohoo. Me thinks the dc had better be scared. Very, very scared. Little to big for their britches, you think?:glare:

It might be cheaper to call a locksmith. How much gas will you burn going there? A service station can have your car open in 15 seconds and then if you can lay down the seat in the back, you can have the kid crawl into the trunk and retrieve the keys.

Does your car work that way, with access to the trunk from the cabin?

It might be cheaper to call a locksmith. How much gas will you burn going there? A service station can have your car open in 15 seconds and then if you can lay down the seat in the back, you can have the kid crawl into the trunk and retrieve the keys.

Does your car work that way, with access to the trunk from the cabin?

True, that will work. But we have to take the other car there anyway. So it seems like a good way to go ahead and unload it. I would not do this just because. But since we are passing the other vehicle on to FIL, now we can make some driveway room earlier than we had originally thought.

Change of plans. Whew! I have roadside assistance on the cell phone! Totally forgot about that. I am NOT having to drive today. They cell people are trying to find someone to go out and set them free now. Woohoo!

What a relief, back to the movies!

Change of plans. Whew! I have roadside assistance on the cell phone! Totally forgot about that. I am NOT having to drive today. The cell people are trying to find someone to go out and set them free now. Woohoo!

Phew, that was a close one! I am glad your day can continue as planned. Pass the Mike's please....

Could it be that your boys miss you so much they devised this impish scheme just to see your face?:) Glad you're not having to miss out on your cozy time after all.

Thanks! They've had some "trials" on this trip. Small, but annoying. New car, car sick son, thankfully they had bags. He almost christened it. Then, he locks keys in the trunk. Other ds keeps wanting to be in charge of dh's cell phone. Problem is, he "forgets" to ask, and just takes it. Then, they went out of the way to go to FIL's to get him to bring him back here so he can take old car. He decides not to while they were on the way over there. Then, ds gets sick on the way home, stopping to get Sprite and such. Then, dh called and said ds left his glasses at grandpa's and he's not turning around! I called FIL and asked him to send them, packaged well, Priority mail with a lot of insurance.

I think DH will be really glad to be home tonight!