Menu

sullen dd

Talk to her. Gently. Tell her something like this, "I've noticed you looking rather sad sometimes. Is there anything you want to talk about? Is there any way I can help?" And then take her seriously and help her work through whatever is bothering her, even if it seems minor to you (an adult with years more experience).

By sullen do you mean "bad attitude" or do you mean "sad"? To me, there is a BIG difference. I almost always know why my kids have a bad attitude, because it usually involves a consequence to poor behavior. Sad is different, and I'd be more concerned about it.

Either way, I think you need to talk to her about what she's feeling and why, and help her with it.

To me sullen means bad attitude. I've got one that sours up occasionally, we've already had the "can I do anything" talk, and she's just......sullen sometimes. She's older than yours, 14, but at this point she has to be sullen in her room til she gets over it.