Menu

Classroom Painting colors

We bought a new house a couple of months ago my classroom is in the basement has sheetrock on one side of the room and a painted cinderblock wall on the otherside. The floor is a cement floor painted gray. I want to paint the sheetrock wall what colors would be best. I was thinking of blue or a minty green. I want colors that are bright and encouraging and inspiring.

Paint junky here! :D

Palladian Blue from Benjamin Moore is my absolute favorite blue. I have it in our bedrooms.

For a minty green I love Liveable Green by Sherwin Williams. It is beautiful but not TOO minty green. It goes with everything. I have painted with this often, and have it in my powder room. I can photo that if you want. A Home Depot color that comes to mind is Cool Cucumber. It is very similar to Liveable Green, just a touch more blue to it in bright light.

Here is a blog post from a blog I read with Palladian blue. I feel like I am always posting this when people ask about paint LOL....it really is a good representation of the color:

Palladian Blue Just scroll down

Edited by 425lisamarie

I researched the psychology of paint color before I painted my classroom in my house (spare bedroom with north exposure). Pastels are best for learning environments. I chose a cool, mint green for three walls and my teaching wall, where my white board is, is a french country blue (blue is a recommended background color) We love it and we've had it for several years. It is a very happy room.

Our previous classroom had dark golden walls with a deep red accent wall. It was great, but the room was big.

We're painting the classroom this summer, this is the color we're using. It's Sherwin Williams Ryegrass. Our house is a bungalow with white trim and dark hardwood floors.

M2X00024_4green03232010.JPG