Menu

S/O--Busted---do you have a lock on your bedroom door?

Do You have a lock on your bedroom door?  

1. 1. Do You have a lock on your bedroom door?

• YES--of course--used ALL the time
    • YES--but we occ. forget to lock the door
    • NO--we just take our chances
    • NO--no need--single parent, etc.

Our door doesn't shut right, so the lock is useless. However, it does become VERY difficult to open if we get it shut all the way. We usually shut it, but sometimes forget. I always hear the kids if they get out of bed. DH syas I have superhuman hearing as far as the kids are comcerned. (I also wake from a dead sleep if one of them stirs. Annoys me so much!)

Yes, very, very important feature and it's saved us some :blushing: a fews times too.

We've got three boys completely clueless, though not for lack of education on the subject, about privacy. As in apparently the parents do not need any privacy but HOW DARE WE WALK IN ON THEM IN THE SHOWER EVEN THOUGH THE CURTAIN IS DRAWN!

I find my boys to be very entertaining at times and I really hope they all end up having at least one male child that is an accurate representation of themselves. This will bring me endless laughs! :D

Faith

I missed the original thread... who was busted doing what in the bathroom? If it was just using a toilet for its intended purpose or taking a bath or shower... um... we have kinda a lax attitude about nudity and body functions. My kids have totally seen that all before. And vice versa me of them.

ETA: And therefore we're fine with our lockless bathroom door.

Yes, we lock the door. Our kids are older now and would never just barge in, but I need the door locked anyway. Our youngest daughter was determined to get in our room one Sunday afternoon when she was about four. When she couldn't get through the locked door, she went outside to our private deck and our sliding glass door. We almost died when we saw her standing out there. Her comment: "I've never seen you do THAT!" I hope she's forgotten. :blush:

Yes, we lock the door. Our kids are older now and would never just barge in, but I need the door locked anyway. Our youngest daughter was determined to get in our room one Sunday afternoon when she was about four. When she couldn't get through the locked door, she went outside to our private deck and our sliding glass door. We almost died when we saw her standing out there. Her comment: "I've never seen you do THAT!" I hope she's forgotten. :blush:

:lol: Oh my!

I missed the original thread... who was busted doing what in the bathroom? If it was just using a toilet for its intended purpose or taking a bath or shower... um... we have kinda a lax attitude about nudity and body functions. My kids have totally seen that all before. And vice versa me of them.

ETA: And therefore we're fine with our lockless bathroom door.

BEDroom, not bathroom:lol:

we dont have a lock on ours, we rent and can't change that. we do use three big boxes as our "lock". we know from experience that the kids can't get through

I smiled when I read this post....our four children are all young so it hasn't been much of an issue until this past year as our oldest turned 7 and I'd really rather not have him walk in on us so...we began teaching them not to open the door (locked or not) until we have given them permission to enter.

We have a lock, but the door doesn't shut right so a good push will open the door even locked, plus the 5 year old can unlock the door with a penny. We never lock the door either so it doesn't really matter. Only time we've been interrupted though has been by a screaming baby at this point in time, who just woke up and wanted to nurse.

:lol: That is SO true!!!

Yes! In fact, I think the click of locking the door is part of the action. haha! Dh will be almost asleep when I am finally ready for bed and I turn the lock and he is instantly wide awake. :tongue_smilie:

YES ! And it only took once time for us to ensure that it works and is locked nearly every night..regardless if things heat up. I don't think our dd remembers barging in on us, but we'll NEVER forget. She was about 10 or so.

Our kids also know to knock before entering a room.