Menu

Grammar Punk, part 2

fourcatmom

I know the thread is quite large and most people have already read it but if you are going to order it or did order it, check out my blog for a new offer from Grammar Punk to my readers. The thread is buried at the bottom, so I wanted to post this here.

Thanks for letting me share this with you!:001_smile:

I am so glad you posted this.....somehow I missed Part 1!

Off to find your other thread, and to read your blog post. :auto:

ETA: I'm back! Wow, your first thread really took off. It will take some time to read all of the posts.

Thanks again for posting the special offer.

Edited by besroma

I am so glad you posted this.....somehow I missed Part 1!

Off to find your other thread, and to read your blog post. :auto:

ETA: I'm back! Wow, your first thread really took off. It will take some time to read all of the posts.

Thanks again for posting the special offer.

That might just have been my longest thread yet! I was wondering HOW you missed that? :confused1:

BTW - I have another review that I doing and it's pretty cool too but not new to everyone. Can't wait to share it.

Edited by fourcatmom

I am glad that you got my messages about the spelling/vocabulary program.

Someone hit a pole near our house last night at 10pm and the power went out. It came back on quickly but we have been without cable, internet and phone since then. Sorry, I haven't been available.

Stephanie and Heather, I am glad that you wrote to Shari and it sounds like she will be including it in your orders. I also received a message that something was shipped to me today but didn't recognize the name. I am hoping it is the review program so that I can answer more questions and give more specific information.

Anyways...happy to have my technology back. :001_smile:

OK...I can't wait. ;) But, seriously....don't go crazy trying to have it ready my Monday on my account or anything. :001_smile:

You can't wait? I need batteries. That's my problem and some

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (oops, can't tell you that word because that would give it away) :D

IS Grammar Punk a bit like Winston but also covers punctuation? I've got a dyslexic girl (also dysgraphic) that I plan to use R&S with mostly orally and I'd been looking for something to help with just writing short (but grammatically correct) sentences. I found a cool game called The Sentence Zone http://www.bonnieterrylearning.com/products/the-sentence-zone/

but I am wondering if maybe using parts of Grammar Punk might fit the bill also.

Do you think one could use GP as more of a supplement than a main grammar program or would it be too hard to pick and choose from the lessons? And is there a LOT of writing? My kiddo is dysgraphic and I try to limit the amount of writing with her- just want to focus on a few proper sentences at a time. She has been a grammar whiz doing Easy Grammar, but like a lot of kids the grammar isn't translating yet to her actual writing...so this is the area I'd like to work on:)

Thanks.

Paula

IS Grammar Punk a bit like Winston but also covers punctuation? I've got a dyslexic girl (also dysgraphic) that I plan to use R&S with mostly orally and I'd been looking for something to help with just writing short (but grammatically correct) sentences. I found a cool game called The Sentence Zone http://www.bonnieterrylearning.com/products/the-sentence-zone/

but I am wondering if maybe using parts of Grammar Punk might fit the bill also.

Do you think one could use GP as more of a supplement than a main grammar program or would it be too hard to pick and choose from the lessons? And is there a LOT of writing? My kiddo is dysgraphic and I try to limit the amount of writing with her- just want to focus on a few proper sentences at a time. She has been a grammar whiz doing Easy Grammar, but like a lot of kids the grammar isn't translating yet to her actual writing...so this is the area I'd like to work on:)

Thanks.

Paula

I do not have any experience with Winston Grammar so I really can't comment on that. I also have a daughter that I have thought was either dyslexic or dysgraphic but I don't know for sure. The physical act of writing is very difficult and frustrating. With Grammar punk, I think they start with 2 or 3 sentences a day but you could have her dictate the sentence and you write them if that helps and transition her into writing as she's ready. I should get the review kit in another week or so and be able to give you more information but I can also put you in touch with Shari who I have been working with and she can answer your questions better at this time. I also think the creative, game aspect of this will appeal to some kids versus the workbook style. I used Shurley English last year and might keep it (didn't finish) and give them some lessons from time to time just to check and see if they are understanding it more. I hope that helps, let me know if you want her email and I can PM it to you.

Thanks.

Paula

My daughter is ADHD but not dyslexic. She is a very kinesthetic learner. We have been using Winston and it's been great. I use Shurley along side. She does well with a double kind of approach - traditional and then hands-on. We are close to being done with Winston so I started worrying about how to replace that hands-on component. Winston does have an advanced but it's too much for a rising 4th grader. I just bought Grammar Punk to fill that need. Obviously I don't know how well it will work but I'm very excited about it. It definitely seems to be the interactive approach she needs.

Heather

You can't wait? I need batteries. That's my problem and some

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (oops, can't tell you that word because that would give it away) :D

:lol: I meant like...."oh goodie....I can't wait to read it"....but I CAN wait. Seriously there isn't any rush. Take your time getting batteries and some _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . ;)

Oh dear. I recently just "unpinned" it (without looking at it properly, shame on me) and now you have gotten me interested in it again!

Do you think since I would be using "main" resources next year, that adding this would be overkill? It sounds like the kids would love it but we already have main curriculums

Spelling: AAS

Writing: WWE

Grammar: FLL

So to add GP on top of that, would that be too much????

Oh dear. I recently just "unpinned" it (without looking at it properly, shame on me) and now you have gotten me interested in it again!

Do you think since I would be using "main" resources next year, that adding this would be overkill? It sounds like the kids would love it but we already have main curriculums

Spelling: AAS

Writing: WWE

Grammar: FLL

So to add GP on top of that, would that be too much????

I honestly think it would be okay. We supplement a lot of our "main" curriculum with extra tools and activities. I would think especially since it's hands on, creative and fun and you could use it over several years. I would think it could come in handy to reinforce grammar and writing. Since your kids are young, you could buy the K-3 and would last many years. Let me know if you have any other questions. I have not personally used FFL so someone else might be able to give different feedback. :001_smile:

That might just have been my longest thread yet! I was wondering HOW you missed that? :confused1:

BTW - I have another review that I doing and it's pretty cool too but not new to everyone. Can't wait to share it.

Well, actually it turns out I didn't! I even posted on the thread! :blushing:

I thought from the title of this thread that you had another one titled "Grammar Punk, Part 1," and that I had missed it. When I went to look for it, I realized it was the other GP thread you were talking about getting long.

Anyway.....I am looking forward to your reviews! :001_smile:

Well, actually it turns out I didn't! I even posted on the thread! :blushing:

I thought from the title of this thread that you had another one titled "Grammar Punk, Part 1," and that I had missed it. When I went to look for it, I realized it was the other GP thread you were talking about getting long.

Anyway.....I am looking forward to your reviews! :001_smile:

I wanted to post the offer in a new thread because I wasn't sure people would go back to the old thread since it was so long. I ended up posting it in both places. :001_smile: