Menu

Do your kids play disturbing made up games?

Oh yeah.

Ds8 calls himself "Ultra Everything God of War" and since he knows God is the most powerful being, he says he's "the second most powerful from God" :tongue_smilie: :lol:

He also snatches Amazon boxes and plays "traveling and packing". His collection is taking over his room.. Wait, my kid is strange :D

I did this with my sister for YEARS, I went on to be the writer.

Oh man, my kids don't just use the red ones.. ANYTHING that's a different color always has something going on with it. They walked an entire city block in a random pattern because of the way the sidewalk bricks were laid in varying colors.

[I]This! Both dc do this! (in fact, I think I did too..!)[/i]

Now if they'd stop packing backpacks full of stuff that take weeks to unpack & put away.. ;)

Do we have the same kids??

My kids made up this game where they pretend to beat up their baby sister. They love her and love talking about how big and tough she is, so the game always ends in her destroying them in some super-human way. But it starts with them pounding their fists and chanting, "Beat up, Baby ___". I've forbid them from playing this in public, though they still pretend that she's decimating them with her baby-brute strength.

She's nicknamed "Destroyer of All Worlds" in part because they like to pretend she's tough and in part because she's a toddler. Yesterday they came up with this elaborate story about how she was captain of the iceberg and steered it into the Titanic.

Edited by Scuff

Then she said I should post about how she annoys me to no end pretending the colored tiles in the grocery store are lava! :glare:

My kid play that one, too.

The older kids had a game they called "pretend" which was like verbal dungeons and dragons with no dice. The younger kids have lots of imaginative games they play with stuffed animals.

I did this with my sister for YEARS, I went on to be the writer.

Oh man, my kids don't just use the red ones.. ANYTHING that's a different color always has something going on with it. They walked an entire city block in a random pattern because of the way the sidewalk bricks were laid in varying colors.

My boys play act as if they are reading a book, "Then ... said, "Oh my I can't believe it! And then ... says.." It's quite funny. Now if they'd stop packing backpacks full of stuff that take weeks to unpack & put away.. ;)

Mine do this too, and scream and yell the whole time that their mom is dieing in the lava/ocean/from alligators etc.

Oh yeah.

Ds8 calls himself "Ultra Everything God of War" and since he knows God is the most powerful being, he says he's "the second most powerful from God" :tongue_smilie: :lol:

He also snatches Amazon boxes and plays "traveling and packing". His collection is taking over his room.. Wait, my kid is strange :D

During box day season my kids steal the boxes and load them with books playing postman or ups man lol

My kids made up this game where they pretend to beat up their baby sister. They love her and love talking about how big and tough she is, so the game always ends in her destroying them in some super-human way. But it starts with them pounding their fists and chanting, "Beat up, Baby ___". I've forbid them from playing this in public, though they still pretend that she's decimating them with her baby-brute strength.

She's nicknamed "Destroyer of All Worlds" in part because they like to pretend she's tough and in part because she's a toddler. Yesterday they came up with this elaborate story about how she was captain of the iceberg and steered it into the Titanic.

That is super, SUPER CUTE!!!! Captain of the Titanic! :lol: She is a blessed baby to have creative and hilarious siblings. I wish there was a way you could post a video.

We have this bunch of snooty type parents all of whom are teachers in public school, and have various child development degrees and such. They are the kind that have "play dates." EVERYTHING the kids say is corrected, and if my kids played the games they really play at home I think I'd be getting a call for white coats :lol:. It cracks me up! I love these families, but I wish they would just leave the crazy kids alone! The other half of our family friends recognize kid craziness, but this group of families are worth the company just to observe what they think is appropriate kid play.

A few years ago we let the kids watch the animated video of The Hobbit. They wanted to know if there were any other stories with hobbits so we outlined LOTR for them. The next morning I came downstairs to find "Mr. and Mrs. Sauron" setting up house in Mordor alternately discussing arranging the furniture and conquering Middle Earth. :lol:

I laughed (to myself ;)) over a conversation at the homeschool store between two boys (about ages 5 or 6):

"Wow, look at that hawk!" (a kite up for decoration)

"Whoa! I could take it."

"Me, too. I could get it with my knife!"

"I could jump up in the air and catch it and cut it up a million times with MY knife!"

I could definitely see some of the other little boys in our hs group saying similar things. :) When I was doing intake testing several years ago for early intervention services, the older brother of one of the babies I was testing (about age 4) came in with his camo on and carrying his toy rifle. He announced he was going hunting and "gonna bring home some parakeets." :)

My daughter and her friend still plan ways to torture Barbie, have zombie attacks, etc. I remember my friend and I regularly "killed off" Ken after the wedding, since he was only peripheral to our stories anyway. We also have pretty dark senses of humor around here.

My kids pretend the baby is a ninja. When she's in her bouncer seat, they encourage her to "exercise her legs for ninja kicks." She's 4 months old.

Just yesterday one of my dds came to me, clutching one of her baby dolls, to ask if she could use a box that she found in the garage. "Sure, what are you going to use it for?" I asked. She replied, "We are pretending that something terrible and awful is going to happen, and we are going to have to send the babies away." I'm sure I gave her a bit of a startled look and said, "Where did you get that idea?" She smiled and said, "From the Bible. You remember -the story of baby Moses?" :lol:

My daughter (who was adopted - that's my only explanation), has an obsession with bad guys. She sometimes becomes a "good" bad guy because apparently good guys can't carry weapons. The other day she wanted to play airport with me. So, we get into her play fort in the backyard and she says, "shhh, the bad guys with guns are coming". Where does she get these ideas?! So, the bad guys come and she karate chops all of them down and shoots them with her pretend gun. I was thinking a nice little game where we get to be pilots...nooo...we have to shoot down airport terrorists.

Beth