Menu

Re-introduce yourself, no matter how long or short you've been here

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my profile, I joined the Hive in September 2008. I left the forums for a while because I was trying to cut back on the time I spent online. Then one day I thought of TWTM as I was pushing my shopping cart back into its proper place in a corral. ;) I got pulled into a few interesting discussions, and I've been here pretty much ever since.

After homeschooling for 3.5 years, the economy bit us on the hiney, so we moved out of state, I returned to the workforce (I'm an editor), and we enrolled my older DD in school.

We live in a Mayberry-like small town now that's near where I grew up. My kids attend the small local school. I do afterschooling activities with them after school, on weekends, and in the summer as our schedule allows and their interests dictate. I usually focus on art, history (including SOTW), and other subjects that the school doesn't cover well because of the increased focus on math and reading. We're involved in 4-H and incorporate that into our home learning too.

Edited by WordGirl

I'm bluemongoose.

I do not give out lots of info about myself due to some crazy people I know but wish I didnt. :glare:

I have been here for a couple of years I think... homeschooling for 3 years. I have 4 children DD 7, DS 5, DS 3, and DS 5 months. We homeschool mainly for academic reasons, but I also like that my children are a bit less socialized at this age than their PS peers seem to be :D.

Prior to being a mom I worked many different jobs that involved working with children.

My hobbies are reading, knitting, sewing, embroidery, scrapbooking, and baking. I have too many hobbies, so I rarely get what I want to get done:lol:.

I tend to read lots more than I respond to here, but if you talked to me irl, you wouldnt be able to get me to shut up:tongue_smilie:.

I am often typing one handed while holding a little one. This is another reason why I do not respond as much.

Edited by bluemongoose

Hi!

I am Rachel. Wife to 1 :) and mom to 3. I work full-time and homeschool so I am :willy_nilly:most of the time. We are "accidental" homeschoolers, at least is started that way. We got really, really.... *MAD* (although I frequently use the P work for mad there) at the school dd was going to for their apathy and pulled her. It has been 6 years and we haven't looked back!

I'm Giselle! I have 3 I homeschool and 2 wee ones who want very badly to be schooled like their older siblings. I have been a lurker on the boards for about 2 years and am so thankful for all the wonderful advice I have received here. I finally joined when I felt the need to pm someone. I like camping and being outside on sunny days.

I am Jen, I changed my username to Mrs Mungo when the board changed to this format because there were about a million Jens. In Harry Potter Saint Mungo's is where they put the crazy people. I often feel like I am charge of the crazy house, hence the name. Plus, the poster formerly known as Mungo (which he got from a Middle Earth name generator) had already changed his name. We are no relation. ;)

I think I started reading/posting around 1999? That would have been when my eldest was 4 and I started officially working with her because she had already taught herself to read. We started to officially homeschool when the one K class would have been learning their alphabet and she was reading Little House. She is about to start eleventh grade. I also have a 13 year old dd and an 11 year old son.

I grew up in OK, attended OU and married my college sweetheart. We basically started having kids right away, so I never officially used my degree. He is in the Army. We have lived in California, Virginia, two different places in Germany, NC (twice) and Hawaii. He is a year and a half from being able to retire, but will probably wind up staying in a few years beyond that.

I love to cook, travel and have adventures. :)

Dragon Academy-I love ziplining!! It is so much fun!

I am Jenni. I have two children, Sweet-Pea, 10 and entering grade 6 and Boo-Boo, 8 and entering grade 4. We have always homeschooled and plan to see it through to the end.

I work at a local hospital which helps pay the bills but I am trained as an actor/director and theatre is what feeds my soul. Fortunately, dh and my children share my love for it so it helps bind us together. I will be directing my first show in since Sweet-Pea was an infant next year. I am giddy about it.

Someone told me this week that the thing she thought made my family so great was the fierce love that the four of us have for one another. I think it is the best compliment I have ever received.

I am Heather but no longer in NC. :D. I live in Malaysia and have for the last 3 years. I am a principal at an International School. I have been married for 15 years. I have 3 children two of which are adopted. My oldest ds is 14. My middle child is 8yo ds adopted from Korea and I have a 2yo daughter adopted from Malaysia. I have been on the boards for about 9 years.

My name is Cindy, and I have homeschooled my two girls (ages 14 and 11) from the beginning. (Well my oldest did attend preschool for approximately 6 weeks at the age of 2 1/2, but she dropped out. She was not then and is not now a morning person, although we do like to tease her about being a preschool dropout. :lol:) My husband and I decided to homeschool for several reasons, but academics were the primary reason.

I have also homeschooled my dds' best friend who lives next door for 3 years as well. She joined us for middle school and has decided to stay for high school. So for the upcoming 2012-2013 school year I will have 2 ninth graders and a sixth grader. Truthfully, high school is terrifying me this summer even though I had always planned to homeschool my girls all the way.

I cherish the information I find on this board, but I am sure I spend way too much time reading the fun threads. :-)

I'm Sarah and I have been lurking since 2001 or 2002, long before I had small people around.

I have 3 children, Desmond who just suffered a tramatic brain injury, but came home from the hospital tonight after almost 7 weeks, who is 5, Eloise who is 3, and Sully who is 1.

We are homeschooling for academic reasons, and will start DS' kindergarten year this summer/fall. We are actually going to go a lot slower then planned, because of his TBI, which is a major benefit of homeschooling.

I am really excited to start our kindergarten year some time in the next few months (we were going to start in July, but with the TBI, it will probably be closer to the end of August/start of September before we start).

Hi, I'm Linda. I have 4 children, who have all been homeschooled from the beginning. My oldest is 26, graduated from college and working as an electrical engineer. He is my only boy.

My next is 22, graduated from college and is working at a programming job. She just moved to her own apartment 2 weeks ago.

My third just finished her first year of college and hopes to become a nurse. She will be 19 in two days.

My youngest is the only one still home. She is 12 and is in the 7th grade.

I like to read garden and sew in my free time. I still have 6 years of schooling and have been doing this for 22 years.

Linda

Hi, I'm Heidi, and I'm a WTMF addict. Oooo, that's a horrible acronymn! :lol:

I'm a WT** addict. :lol:

Ok, anyway...

I'm from Atlanta. DH is military and we currently are stationed in Alabama. I am overwhelmed and scatter-brained most of the time because of my beautiful kids, but I love them to pieces. They are the joy of my life. It hurts my heart to see them growing up so fast!

In my next life I am going to be a marriage and family counselor, and specifically work with addicts.

I homeschool because the public school system was a serious waste of my time and I feel sorely uneducated. I want more for my kids.

I like barefoot walks through the country.... I eat chocolate chips every day.

I'm a Mormon.

I'm Kim (Kim in ID on the old boards). I'll begin my 16th year of homeschooling next year. I have three kids. I home schooled the two oldest until high school. Oldest (20 yob) is in college, middle (17yob) will be a senior this fall. I will continue to homeschool my youngest (14yog) all the way through high school. She is dyslexic, and public high school would not be the same good fit that it was for my sons.

I'm Lea and I live around the Tulsa area in Oklahoma. I have been a long time lurker, long before I started posting, because I knew I would be homeschooling my sons before they were old enough to start. I spend way too much time reading on this forum:glare:.

My two sons are both 6.5 year olds. I started informally homeschooling when they were 4.5 or 5, using OPGTR to teach them to read. We started formally homeschooling for K last August so we recently finished our 1st year. We spent half of the school year doing K and then moved on to 1st so we are in the middle of 1st now. We are taking a 7 or 8 week break and will be starting up again on July 9th.

My husband and I knew we wanted to homeschool our sons before we had even met them (they were adopted from Russia when they were 14 and 15.5 months old). Our reasons are many, including academic excellence, being able to teach them our values and religious beliefs and simply to be able to spend more time with them.

I'm Lea and I live around the Tulsa area in Oklahoma. I have been a long time lurker, long before I started posting, because I knew I would be homeschooling my sons before they were old enough to start. I spend way too much time reading on this forum:glare:.

My two sons are both 6.5 year olds. I started informally homeschooling when they were 4.5 or 5, using OPGTR to teach them to read. We started formally homeschooling for K last August so we recently finished our 1st year. We spent half of the school year doing K and then moved on to 1st so we are in the middle of 1st now. We are taking a 7 or 8 week break and will be starting up again on July 9th.

My husband and I knew we wanted to homeschool our sons before we had even met them (they were adopted from Russia when they were 14 and 15.5 months old). Our reasons are many, including academic excellence, being able to teach them our values and religious beliefs and simply to be able to spend more time with them.

Is that your boys in your avatar?

I'm Giselle! I have 3 I homeschool and 2 wee ones who want very badly to be schooled like their older siblings. I have been a lurker on the boards for about 2 years and am so thankful for all the wonderful advice I have received here. I finally joined when I felt the need to pm someone. I like camping and being outside on sunny days.

Hi. Welcome to the boards. My dad is from Ohio.

I am soror- I like to have a slightly anonymous internet bubble, not so much to protect myself from internet weirdos but from people IRL.

Dh and I married 13 yrs ago this year. We are both Catholic Church converts. We have 3 kids w/ one on the way.

We are conservatives in the religious sense but also liberal in some ways as well ( I was a Social Work Major in College). I'm pretty close to a hippy for my area, but it is a pretty conservative area. I identify myself as crunchy, just to make things easier.

I adore close friendships but don't care much for acquaintances. I mean they are fine people but I'd rather spend time talking to a few close friends then a bunch of people I don't know well.

We've always hs'd for religious and academic reasons and many other reasons- food issues, disagreements about teaching styles, discipline measures, the list goes on.

I love nature and being outside. We are working towards homesteading but dh isn't as enthused as me, so we are making baby steps. I'm learning patience.

I'm Sarah and I have been lurking since 2001 or 2002, long before I had small people around.

I have 3 children, Desmond who just suffered a tramatic brain injury, but came home from the hospital tonight after almost 7 weeks, who is 5, Eloise who is 3, and Sully who is 1.

We are homeschooling for academic reasons, and will start DS' kindergarten year this summer/fall. We are actually going to go a lot slower then planned, because of his TBI, which is a major benefit of homeschooling.

I am really excited to start our kindergarten year some time in the next few months (we were going to start in July, but with the TBI, it will probably be closer to the end of August/start of September before we start).

How is he doing? Is the prognosis good?

Hi! I'm Twigs. I'm single, no children and I'm interested in self-education.

I started reading SWB's writings on the 4 year history cycle maybe 15 - 20 years ago and dream about redoing my education in that format.

I have an AAS in Medical Laboratory Technology and a BS in Physics. I am currently a tutor at the local community college in Chemistry and Biology. I also tutor free-lance, currently in statistics.

Hi! I'm Athena (not my real name;)). I grew up in LA, went to college in AL and stayed to marry dh. We moved to N VA 3 years ago. I have always stayed home with the kids and homeschooled dd. This coming year is a big one for us because ds is starting K!:hurray: I'm excited for him, but sad that I won't have a preschooler anymore.

Hi, I'm Sara who lives in Arizona. I wish I had thought of a more clever screen name. :001_smile:

We've homeschooled from the beginning. DH bought me a copy of the Well-Trained Mind for my 25th birthday. He is very supportive.

I've been on the boards for a while, but I have never properly introduced myself. I'm pretty outgoing IRL, but I feel shy about jumping into this on-line community for some reason. I don't post a ton, but I read a lot. I have loved learning from people who are a lot like me as well as learning from people who are nothing like me. So many sentences I start go, "I read on TWTM board....."

I'm an LDS, attachment parenting, home birthing, cloth diapering...wait I've gotten lazy about the diapering, mother to four DD9, DS7, DD3, and DD1. I think of myself as pretty open minded, fairly liberal, and hesitant to pass judgment on anyone because we're all just trying to do the best we can, right? I have enough real problems to worry about.

I have a Master's Degree in Piano Performance/Pedagogy. I teach a little, but rarely perform. I'm hoping to someday make my own practicing a priority again.

If I am here, I am probably escaping from my children and very likely eating chocolate chip cookie dough. Point me towards the weight loss threads.......!

Craftymama here. In those teeny, tiny bits of free time I can be found in the art room. I scrapbook, make cards, play with photography, and love to travel. I've been on the board for less than a year, so I'm very new. We homeschool for just about every reason you can think of and then some. We're newbies though with our oldest only 6.

I am JenneinAZ, but I don't live in Arizona anymore. We moved to California about three and a half years ago.

I have three kids, dd 13, ds 11, and ds8. I spend most of my time on the Accelerated Learner Board. We have homeschooled forever.

I don't post very much, but I have been around a long time.

Hi, all! My introduction is that I:

am a late-to-the-thread poster/threadkiller,

am usually reading but not posting,

never wanted children (look where that got me, lol!),

am hoping for at least a few more little ones,

am in awe of the wisdom here and wish I had more of it,

am teaching my boys to sit and "go" ;),

am a homeschooling mom who wishes she'd pursued a nursing degree.

Yep, that about sums me up.

HA! See??? My post is the first one on the last page and now no one else will post so here I'll be, lonely as can be, threadkiller!! I give up. :)

Never mind...Lori saved me.

I'm Lori and I've been a member for a year and a half but only started posting fairly recently. I lurked a lot before that though and bought a few things off the FS board. I was hs'd for religious reasons and always knew I wanted to hs but more for academics/environmental reasons.

I've been hs'ing the oldest for two years now(formally). I love coming to the boards for information.. You all know everything! And entertainment.. raincoats and self brewing.. my gosh.. I laughed til I nearly cried. So creative!

I'm terrible with remembering things, even before I had the last baby.. So I apologize in advance if I don't remember your name or how many kids you have or if we've talked on a thread before..

I've been here for a few years

I have 5 kids, ages 13, 10, 8, 6 & 3.

Would like more, but my husbands says :blink: when we discuss it!

Have been homeschooling since my 13 yo was little!

I don't post very often, but am on here reading almost every day.

Don't know where I would have been without this board!

:)

That's it for us.

Hot Lava mama

Hi, I'm Michelle. Before my life as a SAHM, I was an RN. I'm married to a Navy Chief and we've had five kids. Our first, Evan, is deceased. Our living children are Henry (4), Oliver (3), Jane (1), and Peter (10 days!).

We are homeschooling for multiple reasons. We're Catholic, but there's no way we could afford our parish school with as many kids as we have. We want our kids to have a classical education and we want to avoid the pitfalls of classroom socialization. Homeschooling also means continuity for our children whenever we have to change duty stations. We're also able to adapt to my husband's crazy schedule and maximize our time together.

I don't honestly know how long I've been on the board. I post in spurts, lurk more often.

I have 4 kids, ages 10, 6, 4 and 1. My oldest is special needs (ADHD and bipolar) and gifted. I don't post often on the gifted area but more on the special needs. We handle the gifted pretty well, the special needs not so well right now. :D My others are more typical if any kid, especially a homeschooled kid, could be called typical.

I'm a stay at home parent, something I never imagined 30 years ago I would be. I live very urban in Southern California, another thing I never imagined for myself. Life is strange, go figure. I love to sew, enjoy gardening and read whenever I can, which isn't terribly much most of the time. I have several pounds to shed from my frame, so am trying the couch to 5K running program yet again (I think I have now tried it, never successfully finished, between all my kids). Those few interests take up every spare minute not devoted to homeschooling.

I've been reading the boards and researching for about 2 years, but I don't post very often.

My oldest missed the kindergarten cutoff by one day, so we did some relaxed homeschooling this past year (along with a few half-days of preschool a week). I'm not a big fan of our local school district, and she's done with kindergarten stuff anyway, so we'll be HSing 1st grade this coming year.

I'm another newbie to WTM.

I have 6 kids and started homeschooling in 1991. Retired last year after my middle son graduated from high school. My youngest two are in private school.

I haven't fully figured out what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I know it will involve end-of-life care in some way. I volunteer with Hospice, am pretty active in my church, weave, and like to read.

I blogged very regularly since 2005 but lately I've lost the fire for that. Don't know where my blog will go from here or if I'll pull it down. I really like the many people and relationships I've built from the blogging world. But, I just don't feel like I have much to blab about anymore.

I mostly lurk here but occasionally come out to play. It goes in spurts.

I'm new here, but I think I introduced myself at some point.

My name is Tazzie and I live in Connecticut with my husband and our five boys. I started homeschooling my oldest last October, and I'll start homeschooling the middle three this fall. They'll be in 8th, 6th, 4th and 3rd and they're all over the place academically. My youngest has autism and my 8 year old was just diagnosed with dyslexia, but all four of the older boys have been identified as "gifted" at some point. That's one of our reasons for homeschooling, along with some intense extracurriculars that take up a lot of our time and our desire for more time as a family.

Between driving kids to hockey, lacrosse, baseball, swimming, dance, gymastics, piano, etc. I don't have a lot of time for hobbies, but I do enjoy working out and reading.

It's great to "meet" all of you!:D

Hi there!

I am Jacquelin, mom to 5 very active girls. 3 of which are competitive gymnasts and 1 is a competitive cheerleader. Things get very interesting come winter/spring as we juggle competion/meet schedules. I am married to my Lt. for 15 years and we are currently enjoying shore duty after 4 years of back to back sea deployments.

We are entering our 4th year homeschooling because the schools in our area are less than stellar, but we love it!

Nice to meet you! :D

I'm Carrie, but call myself Paintedlady because I live in an old Victorian house that wishes it could be a painted lady when it's all grown up. If you don't know what a painted lady is, look here.

I'm getting ready to start our 6th year homeschooling in the fall with my 2 kids. I pulled them out of public school mainly because dd is dyslexic and was having a horrible time in first grade. My biggest motivation beyond trying to help remediate her, is to immerse them both in a solid Christian upbringing, which I wasn't doing very well when they were in school all day.

I'm TrixieB. I live in Sleepyside-on-the-Hudson with my brothers Brian, Mart, and Bobby. My best friend Honey lives next door.

Wait! That's not right! Do-over!

I'm TrixieB. I've been homeschooling my two kids since 2002, and I started reading and sometimes posting on the WTM forums shortly after that -- but with a different username.

Currently I'm freaking out about homeschooling high school, as my elder child will be in high school this fall. Where has the time gone?

In my spare time I enjoy knitting, crocheting, reading, and geocaching. I need more spare time!

I'm HOPE_Academy, and I always feel like a bit of a fraud here because I don't actually have any of my own children yet.

I'm here because I was home schooled for middle school, and I have been tutoring home schooled children for the past 10 years. I taught 2nd grade at a Classical school right out of college and met many families either transitioning out of or in to home school. Since then I have also taught 8th grade English at a Catholic school. I now work full time with 4 home school families, and I love every minute. This board has been hugely helpful in terms of learning about curriculum, etc.

BUT, I told my husband I wanted to home school before we even got married, so he's had some time to adjust to the idea (every woman in his family is a ps teacher!). Which is great, because we found out this week we're expecting our first baby... so I guess in about five years, I can finally put your collective wisdom to good use!

I'm TrixieB. I live in Sleepyside-on-the-Hudson with my brothers Brian, Mart, and Bobby. My best friend Honey lives next door.

Wait! That's not right! Do-over!

I'm TrixieB. I've been homeschooling my two kids since 2002, and I started reading and sometimes posting on the WTM forums shortly after that -- but with a different username.

Currently I'm freaking out about homeschooling high school, as my elder child will be in high school this fall. Where has the time gone?

In my spare time I enjoy knitting, crocheting, reading, and geocaching. I need more spare time!

So I always wondered, did you marry Jim?

I'm Tammy. I have two girls who have always been homeschooled. We mostly follow AO with some classical additions.

We started homeschooling for religious and academic reasons. I cannot imagine anything but homeschooling my girls now!

I'm Judy. I have one son, who is 13.

My son has been homeschooled from the beginning. The main reasons I initially chose to homeschool him were because he has multiple life-threatening food allergies, and he was also quite hyperactive when he was young (changing his diet helped with the latter). As time passed, though, I became even more adamant about homeschooling. I liked being able to control his academics and to have flexibility.

Then I returned to teaching for the last six months of the school year 2007-2008. That experience confirmed for me that I didn't want my son in the schools here. I don't blame the teachers (things are beyond their control), but the academics are lacking, and the kids have no motivation and are out of control. All that matters are test scores, and if it's not on "the test," it isn't taught. One of the assistant principals actually said, "I don't know why so many of you teachers are complaining about having to teach to the test. It's a good test; why not teach to it?"

Hi! I'm Joy. I have a 4yo daughter and an 8 month old crawling son. We're just starting to ease into school work, one subject at a time, no pressure.

I was home schooled for almost all of my grade school (private school for 2nd and 4th grade), and when I read these threads I mostly think, "Well, my mom did it this way..."

We are a military family and will be homeschooling for academic reasons, at least for the first few years, though I'm wound up about high school literature, so we'll see! I hope my kids enjoy home schooling as much as I am enjoying planning it. I really appreciate the curriculum reviews here.

Hi! I'm, Jessie. I started homeschooling my two daughters Dec 2010. My oldest was in 3rd grade at the time and my youngest had just turned 5. I'm a nurse, lover of yarn and needlefelting. I like to sew and I have two Fur Babies: Ruben who is 5 and weighs in at 27lbs, we've had him a year and he was 25lbs when we got him. And Dahlia who is 10 weeks old and loves to snuggle with Ruben.

I'm HOPE_Academy, and I always feel like a bit of a fraud here because I don't actually have any of my own children yet.

I'm here because I was home schooled for middle school, and I have been tutoring home schooled children for the past 10 years. I taught 2nd grade at a Classical school right out of college and met many families either transitioning out of or in to home school. Since then I have also taught 8th grade English at a Catholic school. I now work full time with 4 home school families, and I love every minute. This board has been hugely helpful in terms of learning about curriculum, etc.

BUT, I told my husband I wanted to home school before we even got married, so he's had some time to adjust to the idea (every woman in his family is a ps teacher!). Which is great, because we found out this week we're expecting our first baby... so I guess in about five years, I can finally put your collective wisdom to good use!

Congratulations!

Hello - I'm Dorothy, aka dottieanna29. That's been my sign on name and email everywhere for the past 20 years and I'm too old to remember a new one at this point.

I started homeschooling when my son was declassified from early intervention at 4 years old. It was a combination of him being advanced combined with him being extremely quirky. Not a good combination at even the best public schools. His little sister is home too because despite being two years apart, they act like twins (and look like it too, I get asked all the time).

My oldest just graduated from public high school last night so I've never had a problem with schools, they just aren't the right place for ds.

We're more eclectic than classical but we do use some TWTM resources.

I am just who my username says.

And I can't read your name without thinking of Lisa Marie who was the alien in Mars Attacks.

I'm Kay in WA and I was a literature fanatic and passionate cook prior to having a menopause baby with a near-stranger when it was clear I was never going to re-win my beloved ex's heart.

By day I'm an internist who works with the severely mentally ill, by evening I homeschool a tall, bouncy, quirky* budding nurse, all the while thinking that near-stranger is stranger than I could have guessed.

*E.g. the other day we were at King Tut and I realized hubby and kiddo had gone off with my ticket. I ran 3 blocks up hill in the heat, shouting, whistling, and whooping trying to get them to stop and let me catch up. Many, many people looked at me, but not them. When I was finally 10 feet from them, and they were about to hand in the tickets and go inside, my screaming, shouting and waving (which had alerted everyone in the area I was there, except them) got their attention. Hubby said he wasn't expecting anyone to be calling his name so he "wasn't listening". I then turned to kiddo, in full view of the line, and said, "Surely YOU heard me!" He piped, "Yes, I did, but thought I was hallucinating."

What could a sweating, purple-faced woman say to the line of people all gawking? Nothing. I grabbed my ticket and walked away.

Edited by kalanamak

My name is Beth. I have 3 kids. I have homeschooled the younger two for 11 years and my oldest started homeschooling in her junior year. I started homeschooling my middle child as a Kindergartener. He was having a very difficult time in school but was smart as a whip. He was later diagnosed (at age 9) with Aspergers which led to many 'aaahhhhhh' moments. I remember when I first learned about homeschooling. I met a lady at Home Depot who had 5 daughters with her. I asked if they were having a holiday because my child was in school. She laughed and said they homeschooled. I said in a hushed tone, "Is that even legal?" And she happily shared some resources with me. I drove straight home and got online. I researched for a couple of months before I got the nerve to take my son out of school. I joined this board during my second year of homeschooling and learned so much that I relaxed a great deal and since then, things have gone fairly well.

I used to be a curriculum junkie and therefore a curriculum hopper. I tried every single homeschooling method I read about. I didn't simmer down until my kids hit high school and all classes are taken through an online school that provides textbooks. I rather miss my curriculum buying days.

Hi, I'm Becky.

I just finished up my 5th year of homeschooling. Well, sort of. Dd was home for K, and then went to a university model school for 1st and half of 2nd. We brought her home in the middle of 2nd due to finances and I have been straight homeschooling ever since. I read WTM for the first time last summer and it really clicked with me. I changed up what we had been doing and I think we had a pretty good year this year. For some reason I have been really worried about next year, but that's another thread...

As for me apart from school stuff:

I am a Christian. I have been married for 12 years. I have 3 kids ages 10, 7, and 1.75. I love to read, cross stitch, and cook. I am introverted and pretty insecure, but I'm working on that. I have a BA in English with a minor in math, which my professors always thought was odd. I got pregnant about a year after I got married so I have never really had a career, but I am happy at home molding and guiding the little people so the career thing doesn't bother me.

Edited by happyhomemaker