Menu

Grow-a-frog kit?

:bigear: I'd love to hear recommendations too, so far I've been eyeing this kit http://www.hometrainingtools.com/grow-a-frog-kit/p/LM-GROFROG/ as the frog's skin is transparent I think my DS would find it even more fascinating. I've also heard good reviews concerning customer service of the company who made the kit (apparently you can call them for advice if you're frog's not well etc). Only downside is you have to buy a new habitat once they get to the froglet stage.

Please do a LOT of research on African clawed frogs before you invest in one of these kits. We have a frog named Alex, but we purchased the kit knowing he would be a long term pet. Better to know ahead of time what you are getting into, than to be surprised later when your cute little tadpole becomes a frog that takes regular care like any other pet, and the kids are no longer interested in helping with the work.

If you go into the project with open eyes, understand proper basic aquarium and water quality maintenance, and don't mind a pet that could still be around when your kids move off to college, I highly recommend the grow - a - frog kit.

Be aware.....our science project has become ...extended family!!!:lol:

"Bill & Luther" have been in our house for more then 7 yrs!!!

It has been a good lesson in responsibility for my kiddos....who want these little guys to stay in our house. The rule is....if you clean Bill & Luther they stay.;)

(Please also remember...they need specially treated water!! & food!)

Some how I thought they would turn into frogs ...& off to the stream with them...Until one of my kiddos exclaimed, "Mom, if we put them in the stream they'll die"......:tongue_smilie:) So, Bill & Luther live on...& on....& on......:blink:

Be aware.....our science project has become ...extended family!!!:lol:

"Bill & Luther" have been in our house for more then 7 yrs!!!

It has been a good lesson in responsibility for my kiddos....who want these little guys to stay in our house. The rule is....if you clean Bill & Luther they stay.;)

(Please also remember...they need specially treated water!! & food!)

Some how I thought they would turn into frogs ...& off to the stream with them...Until one of my kiddos exclaimed, "Mom, if we put them in the stream they'll die"......:tongue_smilie:) So, Bill & Luther live on...& on....& on......:blink:

:lol:

I bought one, knowing it would be around a long time. It arrived dead. I got a replacement and it lived for a while but then died. I took that as a sign that I shouldn't have one. Honestly, I was relieved.

We currently have two local tadpoles with the teensiest little back legs! They are very cute.