Menu

Inspired by Nan in Mass, I created a planning sheet

It's based upon one of her posts I printed off a few years ago. Sadly I don't have the link to the post, but I make a google doc to print off for each of my subjects.

I'm feeling a bit scattered and hopefully this will help me unify some of my planning. I wanted to share since Nan is so helpful to so many of us. Here's the link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V-9yYp3gf_AaWPCTaZipXEkK3yltw_Usp67-OPh2E8I/edit

It's based upon one of her posts I printed off a few years ago. Sadly I don't have the link to the post, but I make a google doc to print off for each of my subjects.

I'm feeling a bit scattered and hopefully this will help me unify some of my planning. I wanted to share since Nan is so helpful to so many of us. Here's the link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V-9yYp3gf_AaWPCTaZipXEkK3yltw_Usp67-OPh2E8I/edit

Well, thank you! As you know from my post this morning I'm feeling scattered with planning too! This is very helpful. But, now, I suppose I actually have to sit down and work on planning instead of going to the pool.........

While I am contemplating Gilgamesh translations, this is what you are doing?:D

Actually, this looks much more practical than what I have been doing. I have several printouts of Nan's wisdom over the years that has spoken straight to my heart. I have never known quite how to organize that wisdom so I can readily access it. This gives me some goods ideas and I am so glad you shared with us all.

Now if you would kindly figure out how to organize stray teaching thoughts, you'd have my undying gratitude and a spare copy of Foster's Gilgamesh I just happen to have on hand.

Supposedly, there isn't going to be anyone to teach this fall, but I can't help but think about all the things I would need as I work through the Great Books.

It goes like this:

• I listen to the first two lectures of Teaching Company's History of Literature and the excellent Dr. Voth talks about epics and their qualities. This reminds me that I should pull out the LLofLOTR lesson that talks about epics as well as oral tradition and translations. Critical review for student starting on the ancient end of things for Great Books study.

• Most lectures on Mesopotamia begin by a discussion of the region's geography. I am geographically-challenged so I need a map or two for myself. If ds is home, he would still need a map since it has been three years and this is a mighty confusing area. You can't get the politics which affect the literature if you don't get the geography which affects a multitude of other cultural aspects. I have Knowledge Quest maps somewhere that could work and well, there are old TOG instructions for overlays - somewhere.

You get the idea.

Paula, I am drowning in my own thoughts here and you organize Nan's in such a succinct fashion. What are you drinking?

I want some.

Better yet, you need a vacation and should come to my house.

The boys can go sailing.:D

Planning my trip to Lisa's now. I do so wish.

I don't know about Gilgamesh yet, but everytime I hear Enkidu I think of The Skinamarinky Dinky Dink song. :lol::lol:

I have a historical atlas which helps too. It makes it more concise than "over there in that part of the world somewhere"

Planning my trip to Lisa's now. I do so wish.

I don't know about Gilgamesh yet, but everytime I hear Enkidu I think of The Skinamarinky Dinky Dink song. :lol::lol:

I have a historical atlas which helps too. It makes it more concise than "over there in that part of the world somewhere"

:lol:That was a bit twisted. Did you see the smirk on that little guy's face?

I'll be singing that all afternoon now.:tongue_smilie:

I am going to play with your planning sheet as I am feeling very paranoid about the fall. They have cut 324 teaching jobs in our district and things aren't looking too good for Swimmer's entrance into the public school system.