Menu

Did everyone have a crazy hard day today?

While I was having one of those twice annual arguments with my dearly beloved, our two-year-old made breakfast on the kitchen floor, using all of the yogurt, all of the cereal and all of the spoons, and fed it to all of his stuffed animals.

Also, we had three intentional arsons in our little city today.

It sounds like Colleen, PlaidDad and waxwing, and Mama Lynx had crazier than average days, too. Anyone else?

Left the house at 5:45 am, got home at 4:30 pm, exhausted.

Checked email to find several dog club pseudo-crises awaiting my attention and there is NOTHING in the fridge for dinner!

I'm too tired to eat....and since we've got to leave again tomorrow morning at 5:45 am for day two of the show, maybe we'll just make cereal and yogurt and call it a night!

In the interest of full disclosure, I should add that we went to a friend's house for the 4th, (after we spent all day grooming for the show!) and let's just say that it was hot and humid, and my dear friend makes a MEAN pitcher of kamikasi. Yes. I said pitcher. Plural pitchers, actually.

I don't want to talk about it. :tongue_smilie:

We went to the beach, note to all, do not apply no rub screen in the wind! Does not make it to intended target, aka, your kids!

We also had the pleasure of viewing this chic with a suit with NO lining, hence visual aids for us all.

My parents are here and my mom has successfully scared my 3 year old.

Not a bad day, but eventful.

DH is in politics so he worked all day yesterday and today. I felt so envious of my friends who have dh around for a nice long weekend. MIL and extended family all went to Cincinnati for the 4th and I was feeling lucky not to have to do a big family weekend, but I realize now that meant I had to make all the cookout food myself for my little family. It was kind of pitiful. I also am still in the middle of my baseboard refinishing project and the whole upstairs is torn up. I hate not being able to pick up and have things look decent. Thanks for the opportunity to vent a little. I needed it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should add that we went to a friend's house for the 4th, (after we spent all day grooming for the show!) and let's just say that it was hot and humid, and my dear friend makes a MEAN pitcher of kamikasi. Yes. I said pitcher. Plural pitchers, actually.

I don't want to talk about it. :tongue_smilie:

Yes, Astrid, very interesting disclosure indeed. ;)