Menu

What is the story behind your username?

besroma

I have a mental illness called dissociative identity disorder, which used to be known as multiple personality disorder. So since there are many of "me" I came up with Mosaicmind. I love the look of mosaics, so many original pieces so beautifully put together.

That is original!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He used to run around the house in his Superman costume. Since I was always his "true love", he would come running into the room shouting, "Mom, the floor has turned into HOT LAVA! I need to save you!". Aww. So sweet!

Thus, Hot Lava Mama was born!

:)

That is so sweet. :001_smile:

Ah, thank you, I'll go and look :001_smile:.

(She did take her time though, didn't she :tongue_smilie:).

ETA Having now read it, I think that was clever, and I think Besroma sounds lovely.

Yep! That is how much I wish I were quite clever and original when coming up with names. I waited for someone to force it out of me. :D

My eldest DS takes after me....all of our pets' names when he was little ended in "-ie" or "y"...Blackie, Brownie, Stormy, Calmy (The calm came after the storm...that one was pretty good, but he had to add the "y").

I have really enjoyed reading your stories.....

Edited by besroma

My dh saw "amyable" on a vanity plate one day, and I liked it, so it stuck. We like to joke that I am Amyable (amiable), so he is Edable. ;)

I also use it to remind myself to be happy and nicer. Like happymomofboys I hoped that by typing it out or seeing it often I would remember to be more amiable, especially to my family who tend to get the worst of me. :glare:

I understand what both of you are saying.

And, I love Amyable and Edable!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kala_Namak

Years back I used to poke into a classical Indian music USENET group to ask for help with Indian cooking. I was always very polite, but I found that I got better responses if people assumed I was an Indian male off at school somewhere and unable to eat Mummyji's cooking. :) I didn't lie, but I let my username get a toe in the door.

If you've every had India restaurant appetizers with the bright green and dark brown dipping sauces, you've eaten kalanamak.

I think of you now when we eat Indian food. :001_smile:

When my DD was first learning to babble, she was also at the crawling stage. Despite my best efforts at cleaning and babyproofing, she would find things she shouldn't have. I would tell her "Mommy needs", hold out my hands, and ask her to bring me her newfound treasures. She caught on quickly, bringing me things and saying "Meena"--her version of "mommy needs". DH and I thought that was possibly the cutest thing ever (she was our first child so we were easily impressed :) ), and DH started calling me Meena.

Love it!

Well, my daughters have very very light blonde hair and I'm blonde as well. My family has always called me 'blondie' and they will often refer to my daughters as the 'mini blondies' or 'mini blondes' instead of 'the girls' or 'the kids'.

So, here I am.

Your first avatar was a pic of your mini blondes, wasn't it?

I've never felt like I fit in. Part of it comes from moving around a lot growing up and always being the new kid; part of it comes from being an introvert. And now, as an adult, I homeschool, and I don't even do that in a way that makes me "fit" neatly into a group of people. Hence, the "Maverick."

The "Mom" part is self-explanatory. ;)

I'm actually okay with all of it. :)

I really like this story. Great username!

A few years ago (maybe 7 years?), a friend posted a blog asking people to pick their own stage name and to make it funny. So I picked The Unsinkable Kristen Chapman, in homage to the Unsinkable Molly Brown, because I had always loved the thought of being Unsinkable.

As a joke, I started to refer to myself by that name online and then it kind of caught on with family and friends. Now my friends usually call me "Unsinkable" or "UK" in emails/texts or on facebook and I have been given a few cups and shirts with the name as well :D.

But my favorite part of the name is that it has really become a part of my general outlook. When I had pretty bad depression while pregnant with my #3 and my Mom had to come and get me and the kids to make sure I was okay (DH was traveling for work), she kept reminding me "Kristen, just remember, you are Unsinkable." And later that week I thought to myself, "You know, being unsinkable doesn't mean you don't go underwater sometimes, it just means you bob right back up."

It has been a wonderful reminder to me of how I want to live my life. Isn't it funny how something as random as a blog post can do that for you?

tvaleri is just my first initial and last name. Boring.

I have a son whose first initial is "t" as well.

And a sil who has the same first name (spelled differently). We live in the same city. Tried to tell dh's other brother to marry a Teresa as well :lol:

Smiles,

Teresa

• 2 weeks later...

But my favorite part of the name is that it has really become a part of my general outlook. When I had pretty bad depression while pregnant with my #3 and my Mom had to come and get me and the kids to make sure I was okay (DH was traveling for work), she kept reminding me "Kristen, just remember, you are Unsinkable." And later that week I thought to myself, "You know, being unsinkable doesn't mean you don't go underwater sometimes, it just means you bob right back up."

It has been a wonderful reminder to me of how I want to live my life. Isn't it funny how something as random as a blog post can do that for you?

I had often wondered about your username. I thought it had to do with your outlook on life, but it is neat to know it has an even deeper meaning.

I love the little guy in your signature line. It makes me happy just to see it. :001_smile:

I wrote a similar post previously, but somehow I didn't get it posted.

• 2 years later...

My name sort of comes from a long bout with Lyme Disease. My doc had me drinking gallons and gallons of lemon water, and DH used to joke about the Lemon Lime drink - Sprite, only the Lime in my drink was Lyme. (Does anyone else remember those old commercials from the 80s, for Sprite?) ...Actually, the whole thing makes no sense, now that I try to type it out.

How 'bout we just go with this - I'm a shortie, definitely on the small side, and I do love elves, sprites, and other (pretend) magical creatures? :D

lol, and now I relate to you on a whole new level of familiar. <3

For some reason, ever since our kids were little and watched Clifford on PBS, we have loved hedgehogs. My son had a funny thing about Cleo's hedgehog squeak toy (I don't even remember why now). We love hedgehogs, pictures of them, thought about getting one as a pet...I was groping for a username so I decided on Hedgehog, but it was taken so I became "hedgehogs4."

• 2 months later...

I'd be greenowl or greensquirrel then.

Oh no, you don't get to pick your own!  My favorite color had been dark green for years and years before DD decreed that it was purple.  I don't know what my favorite animal would have been - probably a cat or a giraffe, definitely not an owl.

We have made sure to tell her that her siblings may, at some point, decide to have a different favorite color/animal than what she chose for them.  So far DD#2 is cool with green and frogs, and DS doesn't even know what colors and animals are, so everything's fine. ;)

• 3 weeks later...