Menu

Switching to regular wide ruled paper

AnnaM

We are just now switching from special ruled paper to wide ruled composition books at the end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd. DS is having no trouble with printing. For cursive, he's still using the special sized lines on his copywork pages (from Scholastic). It won't be too long before he's able to use ruled paper for that, too, though.

We switched toward the end of 1st grade. Ds8's handwriting was naturally getting smaller and he got annoyed with the larger lines (we used the 3rd grade dotted line paper). He had to concentrate more at first to write neatly, but adjusted quickly. I plan on transitioning ds6 at the beginning of 2nd grade if not sooner.

Hunter,

I :001_wub: this paper and I clicked to order. I've been looking for something like is for my middle son who is ready for notebook paper but tends to write messier than I prefer. Wow, I really love this paper. Thanks for the link. :001_smile:

Being frugal, I never purchased handwriting paper. I spent $10 and bought a small dry erase board that had lines on one side and we started with that. Then (as a tip from my mom) I switched to college ruled paper around second grade. We used two rows to make one line. Big letters took both rows and small caps took one. It worked pretty good for me and was, of course, cheap.

This paper is SLIGHTLY newsprinty but not too bad. Funny, I have decided I like it better than whiter shinier smoother paper. We like to use .5 lead mechanical pencils and the leads break easily; I find they break a little less often on this paper, than copy paper. Also, crayon doesn't flake as badly as on copy paper. The dotted line 1/3 of the way up, instead of 1/2 way up models correctly handwriting proportion on lined paper if there will be enough space for tall parts and tails.

I really need to upload more samples instead of always posting this one, but here is a geography lesson on the paper.

7be749fa.jpg