Menu

Almost 3:30am (food allergy related)

Our family is on a 10-day tour around our state, and my DS6 had what I think is his first food allergy reaction since he was diagnosed at age 15 months. I gave him some Benadryl and he fell asleep hours ago, but my DH and I are staying up in shifts to make sure there aren't any breathing issues that crop up (he had bad stomach cramps after eating dinner.) I know I'm a nervous Nelly, but maybe someone can think good thoughts for us? Any advice would be welcome, too. We're hours from home, and that makes me less comfortable with the situation.

Awww, I'm sorry mama. That just stinks. :( I hope your little one will have an event-free night.

That's so good of your dh to take shifts staying up with you. My dh tries, he really does, when the kids are sick but he simply. can. never. do. it. He's always snoring on his shift :glare:. I'm a light sleeper on the best of days and can't sleep when my babies are ill so I end up getting the midnight shift all alone. Sigh.

I'll admit it. I'm very jealous of my husband's ability to sleep through difficult times. :tongue_smilie:

I'll think good thoughts your way. Food allergies suck. We have about a billion of them. :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug: to you. Try to get some rest when you can.

I'm up because I'm just stupid.:tongue_smilie:

I have one with a peanut allergy, but luckily we've never had an incident. I can only imagine though how you are feeling. I'm going to bed now but I'll send some good thoughts your way until I fall asleep!:grouphug:

The Benadryl must have worn off ages ago, so I hope there won't be any issues. I don't even know for sure if it's allergy related. Nobody else felt unwell after dinner, and this was my gut reaction. I wish we were home, but I know it doesn't make sense to cut our trip short for a "maybe" reaction.

Good advice about the hospital, though. It might make me feel better just to know. Thanks!

One last update: when DS6 woke this morning, he greeted me with a big, tousle-headed grin. When I asked how he felt, he said "great!" and proceeded to have a wonderful day. Thanks again!

Thanks for updating! Enjoy the rest of your trip!