Menu

How to sign up for G3 forum/streaming?

mamalbh

I think this may apply to the question asked in this thread.

Discussion Forum subscriptions 2012-13

Unfortunately, G3 will be unable to offer subscriptions to the Social Discussion Forums only this year. Standalone Brainpop and Discovery Streaming subscriptions are also unavailable. If your child is registered for a semester class, he/she will be automatically added to the social forums and receive access to Brainpop and Discovery. Former G3 students will remain subscribed to the social forums as long as they wish to remain active participants. No action is needed for former G3 students to continue on the social forums. However, long periods of inactivity (approximately 3 months) can lead to automatic removal from the database. Simply email me if you wish to be reinstated. This new policy ensures that teachers and moderators are personally acquainted with all forum participants and allows G3 to comply with the new terms of Brainpop and Discovery Streaming usage. Thanks for understanding.

:lurk5:

It was an inexpensive way to get discovery streaming and brainpop. Since it is no longer available, it doesn't really matter!

I was figuring this would happen.

Does anyone know thr iPad access cost? We like accessing it on the iPad the best

I just saw you can subscribe at 2 levels on the iPad access. For 1.99/mo you can access 4 videos & quizzes per day which would definitely work for us. There is also an unlimited access version for more $ per month

Really? Okay, that might be plenty for us... Hmm...

ETA: I'm also curious where you saw that offered. When I go to the Brainpop app but don't log in, I don't see it offered and I didn't see it on the Brainpop website either.

Edited by farrarwilliams

Okay, I found the thing about the mobile (aka iPad and other devices) subscription.

It's 1.99 a month for a rotating selection of videos where you get the movie of the week plus 4 views a day, but it's not all their content. Not a very good deal for us, IMO. If your kids just like to watch a couple of the movies every day randomly, great, but if you want to use it in conjunction with what you're studying, then it's pointless because you don't know if the content you want will be there or not.

It's 6.99 a month for unlimited content but only on the mobile device. That's only slightly better deal than the regular subscription because...

The regular home subscription is $99 a year, so that's $8.25 a month to use it on your mobile device OR your computer, or any computer actually, though only one at a time.