joannqn Posted June 21, 2012 Share Posted June 21, 2012 My dad recently needed new glasses. Then he started posting on FB on how he was drinking a gallon and a half and still thirsty. He wasn't sleeping well, getting up to pee and drink more at night, stuff like that. Then he complained of metallic taste in his mouth and nothing would make it go away. He'd had orange juice, chocolate milk, milk, coffee, tons of ice water, coke, dr. pepper, etc. all before noon. I told him he had symptoms of diabetes and needed to see the doctor. Shockingly (truly it was a shock to find out), he listened and went to an urgent care clinic (no job, no insurance). They put him in an ambulance and shipped him off to the hospital where he was admitted to ICU. All I know is what my aunt just told me. Sugar over 400. Acid in the blood. Numbers low. I know he has diabetes and they are monitoring him overnight, and he may be sent home tomorrow. My aunt is aware that she has to change the way she cooks and it sounds like she is willing to google and learn. Can you who know about diabetes explain how bad 400 is? What is acid in the blood? And what numbers being low might she be talking about? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.