Menu

Well checks-Have you had a medical issue caught at one?

In your house, has a medical problem been caught at well-check  

1 member has voted

1. 1. In your house, has a medical problem been caught at well-check

• Adults-yes (not at female/PAP exam)
    • Adults-no (not at female/PAP exam)
    • --
    • Children-yes
    • Children-no
    • --
    • Female exam/PAP-yes
    • Femal exam/PAP-no

If you went in, thought everything was fine, and came out with a diagnosis for a problem you didn't even realize was there....

No for me and the dc; yes for dh. After one of his military physicals he thought everything was ok. He felt fine until a few days later when the doc called him at home. We found out he had hypothyroidism and his trigs were through the roof. We don't know how long his thyroid issues had been going on but after learning more about it we realized he'd had symptoms but didn't know they fit any particular condition.

Dh calls me "the poster child for early detection."

When my Mom battled cancer, dh said to me, "You will never miss a checkup." I agreed. And I'm thankful a routine check made my diagnosis a Stage One.

Some things cannot be prevented or easily detected. Others can and it makes a big difference . . . sometimes the difference between life and death.

Yes. Hypertension and Iron Deficiency Anemia. No clue on either. Very glad they caught the IDA early. Been on Iron pills for two years now. Just had my bloodwork done today(every 6 months now) and everything is still fine.(I chose not to have an ablation done, and I am so glad I didn't do it).

HBP runs in my family, but never knew I had it since I was in my late 30's when DX.