Menu

What would be the appropriate punishment for these little darlings?

Welcome to "Camp Work to Death" where we will work you harder than a rented mule! We hope you enjoy your stay here which begins with 4:30 a.m. calisthetics and should you be unable to rise so punctually, our handy dandy drill sergeant will beat the inside of a metal trash can next to your ear to assist you in rising promptly.

5:30 a.m., a wonderful zero star breakfast of powdered, runny eggs, and oatmeal cooked to a fine gruel will be provided for you each and every morning. You have 5 minutes to eat. Bon Appetite!

5:35. a.m. hard, demoralizing labor. Can you say, dig holes and fill them up? The lawn also needs mowing and here are your scissors, get at it. These weeds need to be uprooted...here is your teaspoon. The floors of this building need to be cleaned and here is your toothbrush...they'll be white glove tested at the end of the day. At some point, you will also be indentured to a local farmer and it will be your job to move manure piles from location to new location and back again. Did we mention that it is entirely possible to muck out a horse stall with tweezers and fondue forks? Oh yes, you should learn a great deal about yourself from the experience.

Warm water breaks at 7:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Potty breaks - well, find a tree or a bush or something...don't use the poison ivy for toilet paper...inmates here have made that mistake before and it isn't pretty.

Lunch - in line with our full health program, we'll be surving you a choice of more gruel or an unsweetened peanut butter sandwich/ no jelly. Also, carrot sticks, raisins, and more warm water or if you prefer, prune juice.

3:00 p.m. - 5:00p.m. every.single.day, because we like you so much, you get a break from your physical labor. You have 5 minutes to shower and then it's off to the nursing home where you get to spend the rest of the two hours reading aloud to the elderly.

Upon return from the nursing home, supper - a lovely concoction of powdered, runny scrambled eggs, stale bread crumbs, spinach, and chopped bologna browned in tomato juice and served over dried out tortilla. You have 10 minutes to eat it. Warm, powdered milk or prune juice upon request.

5:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m. do your laundry, clean the kitchen, scoop dog doo from each of the neighbors lawns since it is good for your character development to help beautify the neighborhood.

7:45 p.m. - lights out.

Should it not be summer break, then you will be given the opportunity to attend school and you will ride the bus. Here is your outfit for every.single.day of school. One pair pink sweatpants, one orange western shirt with pearl snaps, one pair plaid suspenders, one pair old wingtip shoes from the 70's era and look, they are burgundy so they'll be GREAT with your pink sweatpants. We hope you enjoy your ride to school.

Wash, rinse, repeat as often as is necessary to create illumination upon the soul!

Faith - I'd like to get my hands on the hoodlums, but I'd just end up in jail probably.

100% flipping awesome!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I don't think the police are involved anymore. The monitor, Karen, declined to press charges. She thinks the school should handle the punishment. The police have talked to all 4 students involved and their parents and they are apparently taking responsibility.

I am disappointed that Karen didn't want to press charges. It is probably her kind heart behind the actions, but I think it could possibly make things worse for the kids. Pressing charges may have been exactly what they NEEDED.

The fact that everyone knows wo the boys are will hopefully make those punks truly change.

I hope their is no adukt out there who is stupid enough to go after them themselves.

I would be sick if my child did such a thing. I would really have to work on myself so I handled the situation in an appropriate way. I like the idea of the children working to donate to her fund. I like the idea as well of them doing some volunteer time as well. I would really want to be working on empathy for others and putting others before yourself. . I would want to stress as well what a privileged life they are leading and those privileges would be gone for a certain amount of time. They would not be hanging out with those kids unless it was a group effort, highly supervised, to work for the woman, and that would be iffy. We would be spending alot of family time focused on building relationships and character.

:iagree: and they would no longer have the privilege of taking a bus to school. They would be walking. Even if it took them 2 hours one way.

ETA: I had the kids watch the news report and they were pretty shocked to see that. They liked how someone set up that website and it has raised almost $300,000 so far which is awesome.

Edited by CanadianMumof4

I am disappointed that Karen didn't want to press charges. It is probably her kind heart behind the actions, but I think it could possibly make things worse for the kids. Pressing charges may have been exactly what they NEEDED.

The fact that everyone knows wo the boys are will hopefully make those punks truly change.

I hope their is no adukt out there who is stupid enough to go after them themselves.

I agree with this because of the talk of stabbing her and causing her physical harm.

And YEAH Mrs. Mungo! We need some BEARS!

Maybe they need to hire only retired military. Gruff, stern elderly Vietnam and Korea vets who would suffer no fools. These kids would not like to meet my dad on a bus. He wouldn't hit them, but he would make it clear they had best be quiet and that their parents heard about it immediately. My dad is nearly 70.

It's horrible that this happened (though not shocking given the state of affairs of bullying in schools) but it is even worse that there were no consequences in the moment for those kids. The kids' parents should have been immediately informed and the school should have been involved with consequences the very next morning. Bus drivers have phones, right?

Maybe they need to hire only retired military. Gruff, stern elderly Vietnam and Korea vets who would suffer no fools. These kids would not like to meet my dad on a bus. He wouldn't hit them, but he would make it clear they had best be quiet and that their parents heard about it immediately. My dad is nearly 70.

It's horrible that this happened (though not shocking given the state of affairs of bullying in schools) but it is even worse that there were no consequences in the moment for those kids. The kids' parents should have been immediately informed and the school should have been involved with consequences the very next morning. Bus drivers have phones, right?

:iagree:

I just saw a link to an ABC news article on FB. The donations for the woman are 300k and growing!!!! People are aiming to have enough money for her for a nice vacation and RETIREMENT!!!!!

As of right now it is just over $413,000

http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=home

Edited by Audrey

My dh went to military school and some of his teachers were retired Vietnam vets. His Spanish(?) teacher once threw a kid, desk and all, out a (first floor) window for cheating on a test.

I suspect that every dollar represents the knock into next week that the donor would like to give those kids.

Oooh, I should donate a lot.

The bear in the kilt doesn't look hungry enough, lol!!

My dh went to military school and some of his teachers were retired Vietnam vets. His Spanish(?) teacher once threw a kid, desk and all, out a (first floor) window for cheating on a test.

My dad's teachers did about the same, only they were old-school Catholic priests and not vets.