Menu

Random things...

Oh no! Why did you mention this. Iwillnotbuynutellaiwillnotbuynutella...oh shoot, who am I kidding!

My random thing(s) today: I really want to start school soon, BUT we have baseball 4 mornings/week and I know by after lunch, the kids wouldn't be cooperative:lol:.

Also, I am SO happy to have found Khan Academy. It ROCKS:001_smile:!!

I like the nutella with the small pretzel sticks. Not too much nutella, nor too much pretzel.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My DH is going to Canada for a month. He told me he doesn't want to be bothered by me ringing him while he is away.:crying::crying::crying:

I am sorry to read this AFTER I put a tshirt that said, "Ask me about an a** kicking" in the donation bin. (I don't know why we had it)

Edited by Sis

My DH is going to Canada for a month. He told me he doesn't want to be bothered by me ringing him while he is away.:crying::crying::crying:

:crying: How about skype or IM or e-mail? When my DH is on the road we hear from him every day in some shape or form. I hope he didn't really mean that and is just stressed out. :grouphug:

Let's see: My favorite only comfortable bra split in half in the washing machine. Have no idea how that happened.

I really want to learn to draw.

I'm stuck on editing and can't make it past chapter 5 of my current work in progress. I seem to be reinventing the wheel because every time I sit down to figure out a to do list for completing edit, come across the notes made previously and forgotten. Think the problem is it requires a major rewrite and i don't want to kill my darlings.

We are on week 2 after finishing 6th grade and son already bored. Hubby says to schedule something but I absolutely refuse because I desperately need the break from planning. Maybe next week.

I would love a glass of Bordeaux right now but unfortunately don't have any. Time to send hubby to the store to buy a case or two of aged drinkable now.

Have you READ Calvin and Hobbes? They are full of great vocabulary and bad ideas. Everything a child's book needs.

Calvin is deep. The educational value of those books knows no bounds.

Amen, Sistahs!

What!?! :grouphug:

(Is he still alive?)

And he assumes that he won't come home to an empty house with his stuff in ashes on the lawn?

:confused::confused: This would earn my DH a well-deserved punch in the teeth.

What they said.

random thing

Today at the park a woman told her young tot to throw her plastic popsicle wrapper on the ground. Way to go scum bag. This city isn't trashy enough. So I went and picked it up and threw it out.

OK. I know it's horrible, but you made me snort with glee.

The weather was a beautiful 75 with a light breeze all day long.

One of my favorite breeders has a *gorgeous* little b*tch that I would give my right arm to own...but a puppy is still probably several years off for me. Sigh.

DS2 is trying to walk and talk... and practically succeeding at both.:001_huh:

I'm rereading our collection of Eddings books. I know that I love his writing, but every time I reread a book I fall in love a little bit more. I think it is because we have the same sense of humor...:lol:

Warm, homemade brownie + a big spoonful of Nutella + a scoop of ice cream = L.O.V.E

So many people with husbands away! Dh is in temporary housing right now. I hate it. We visit him some during the week. He is home for the weekends. But the nights when I am here without him...I am...scared of the boogey man.:leaving: Yes, I am. I'm on the kindle and not about to type everything out but several things happened about the same time when I was in high school (like an escaped convict camping out in an abandoned house on the other side of our property line) and I've hated to be the only adult after dark since.

Dd9 and I watched the 6 hour Pride and Prejudice together and she loved it.

I finally got the kids school pictures taken. I feel like I'm going to have to write a note on the back of the one where you can see Ds7's legs. "Yes, we feed him. Every day." I should have gotten pictures taken when it was cool enough for pants. He has been the skinniest kid in every group he's been since he lost the nursing rolls.

I had a baby! (Okay, not trivial, but I feel funny starting a thread about it when I've only been here a few months.)

Aw! Congratulations

I want to know the educational value of Calvin & Hobbes. DH bought 4 of those books at Costco last week for DD. He insisted. I resisted. He won.

Dd giggles a lot reading them, but I tend to spend my money on real books, not comic books. I need the educational angle of this purchase.

Um! I have a kiddo that is very literal and after having spent some time trying to explain to the child, banned the books from my house. He just doesn't get it.

I believe in salad fairies! I believe in salad fairies! I believe in salad fairies!

*looks around expectantly*

Me too! Send one my way!

Um! did he clarify at all or just leave you hanging with that? I'd bombard him with so much communication - a dozen emails a day, skype at least once a day, lots of letters.

Would a martini help. I seem to be the martini fairy today.

e19338-1.gif

A virtual martini ~clink!

Another random weird thing- son occasionally get a verbal tick and blurts out a word. Why does it have to be a female body part. :001_huh: Guess won't be taking him out in public until this passes.

Edited by Mytwoblessings

I'm decluttering my house before next school year and put a pink Disney princess, castle-shaped, leg-less keyboard and a ginormous stuffed monkey clothed in a banana out on the curb. In 10 minutes both were gone. This really happened.

:D

Awesome. That happens here as well. Anything put out on the curb goes poooof!

I don't know where you stand on these type things, but if you are desperate, ask for St. Anthony's intercession. He is the patron saint of finding lost things.

At this point I'll try anything... I just know the minute I buy a replacement copy, I'll find it. :glare:

Did he brush his teeth after he tasted them?

If they were Milkbones, he wouldn't have to. ;)

After a year of getting food via Amazon Grocery and what my husband picks up from Costco every 2 months, I got to shop at a real grocery store today. I am snacking on the soda pop jelly belly mix, and looking forward to bagels with cream cheese, lox, and tomato for breakfast tomorrow. the boys are looking forward to crappy chocolate cereal with marshmallow candies in it.

Another random weird thing- son occasionally get a verbal tick and blurts out a word. Why does it have to be a female body part. :001_huh: Guess won't be taking him out in public until this passes.

Oh, wow. I feel for you. My ds has vocal tics too but luckily we haven't had this one yet. He recently started repeating the last word or words of his sentences in a slightly lower voice, which I am totally okay with since this new tic is replacing a loud, high-pitched, single cough/sneeze tic. I hope your ds's tic passes soon. He is probably really embarrassed by it too.

Yesterday I received a letter addressed to

MyFirstName MyLastName

MySon'sFirstName MySon'sLastName, Deceased

Number Street Address

City, IL ZIP

I had to shake my head. Wow. Really? Maybe you thought I had forgotten and needed a reminder? So, thanks for that.

The mind reels.

The heart aches.

And you think, "Wait. Stop. Wait. What?"

MyFirstName MyLastName

Number Street Address

City, IL ZIP

I had to shake my head. Wow. Really? Maybe you thought I had forgotten and needed a reminder? So, thanks for that.

The mind reels.

The heart aches.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

MyFirstName MyLastName

Number Street Address

City, IL ZIP

The mind reels.

The heart aches.

I am so, so sorry. I cannot even imagine how that must feel.:grouphug:

When we lived in Germany, we lived in the middle of beautiful vineyards. In the summer they shot off cannons every hour starting at 5 am to scare off the birds. Is that an option in your neighborhood?

They used that clever idea at Big State U. to rid the forty acres of the grackles that swarmed in huge black clouds every evening to roost, like hideous swallows returning to a limestone Capistrano, deluging everything in bird poop. It worked marvellously.

The next year, the landscaping was devoured by caterpillars.

They let the grackles come back.

Tazzie's insisting, on day 3 of his grounding, that it's making him fat by not bering allowed ouside. :glare:

:lol:

MyFirstName MyLastName

Number Street Address

City, IL ZIP

The mind reels.

The heart aches.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

MyFirstName MyLastName

Number Street Address

City, IL ZIP

The mind reels.

The heart aches.

Good God. Unthinking in every sense. I'm sorry you had to endure that level of idiocy.