Menu

Just an FYI to those new to IEW this year.

I just wanted to draw attention to the free ebook that you can download from IEW once you purchase a product from them. It is the Student Resource book; an invaluable reference guide for your students.

I've talked to a couple irl people who weren't aware of it so I wanted to mention here too in case others may have overlooked it.

Once you have created a user account and have purchased your first item you should be able to go to your account home page. Under the Files tab you will find all of the downloadable files that you have purchased or have access to. It will be listed there as Student Resource Notebook ebook. Simply save it to your computer and print! It is 112 pages. A few of the pages need to printed single side as they create a type of flip file for easy reference, but the majority of the pages can be printed double sided.

I purchased IEW from another homeschool curriculum provider's store and not the IEW website. Do you still think it would work? I don't think I have an account set up on the IEW website.

I need to look closer at the materials, I admit I haven't looked at them much since I received them. Maybe there is some information about it in there?

Once you have created a user account and have purchased your first item you should be able to go to your account home page. Under the Files tab you will find all of the downloadable files that you have purchased or have access to. It will be listed there as Student Resource Notebook ebook. Simply save it to your computer and print! It is 112 pages. A few of the pages need to printed single side as they create a type of flip file for easy reference, but the majority of the pages can be printed double sided.

Hmmm... I don't have that. I purchased TWSS/SWI-A combo directly from IEW, and there is nothing in my Files section. :confused:

Ok, found the item on the website, and it says it was free in 2011 with the purchase of a theme based writing workbook. So it's not just any purchase. I don't know if they also included it with 2012 theme based purchases, as I haven't purchased those yet.

I need to look closer at the materials, I admit I haven't looked at them much since I received them. Maybe there is some information about it in there?

I just bought a spiral-bound copy of All Things Fun & Fascinating at a conference, and inside near the copyright page is a blue page (bound into the book) with instructions for the student notebook download. I did need to set up an account on the IEW website, then followed the instructions, and now it shows up in my "downloads" section, along with a teacher's manual for ATFF. HTH!

Hmmm... I don't have that. I purchased TWSS/SWI-A combo directly from IEW, and there is nothing in my Files section. :confused:

Ok, found the item on the website, and it says it was free in 2011 with the purchase of a theme based writing workbook. So it's not just any purchase. I don't know if they also included it with 2012 theme based purchases, as I haven't purchased those yet.

I don't believe it's included in the TWSS/SWI combos because those come with a student notebook already.

Oh, gosh...I'm so sorry. I just purchased a bunch of stuff from them and completely misunderstood what I was reading - I thought it was any purchase. I purchased PAL, WttW, TtC and a themed based product.

Well, in any case. Even if I didn't get mine free I would purchase it. It has so much information in it. It even has a large section of grammar rules\review. The last pages are rubrics\checklists for each type of assignment that is learned in IEW. So helpful for a dc to have to follow when writing.