Menu

My weight is stuck

I mix two tablespoons of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar in a cup of water and drink it each morning. I read a study in a fitness magazine that says it can boost your metabolism by 30%. It sounds kind of gross but it has worked for me and my friends. I also have a water bottle that is 32 oz I put 4 rubberbands around the water bottle to keep up with how much water I drink. I know I need to drink four water bottles of water each day and after I finish a bottle I take one of the rubberbands off till I have drank all four bottles.

My first thought when reading this title? "Well, you shouldn't have stuck it in the advisor's ____"

:lol:

No help on kick starting a metabolism though. Sorry.

Unless using a weight against the advisor could be considered a work out...

My first thought when reading this title? "Well, you shouldn't have stuck it in the advisor's ____"

:lol:

No help on kick starting a metabolism though. Sorry.

Unless using a weight against the advisor could be considered a work out...

Go stand in the corner.

:001_rolleyes:

Just maintain and at somepoint it will start again. I lost 47lbs from June 2011 to Nov 2011 and then maintained/stuck at that loss for 6mos. Finally last month weight loss started again and I'm down another 6lbs. :grouphug:

I tried everything, apple cider vinegar, upping carbs, lowering carbs, upping calorie intake, lowering calorie intake, upping fiber, lowering fiber, etc. I tried a ton of different workout. My weight stayed the.same. It's fustrating but look at the positive.

The last few pounds are really tough. I find I have to really change things up. I kind of cycle this 5 pounds every winter to summer. I prefer to stay very lean as I am short and don't have many curves, so if I stay lean/athletic it feels better. I do a couple days of low carbs, then normal, then a couple low carb, etc. And lift weights or do heavy work. I HATE doing cardio on purpose, so I just run 2-3 times a week for 2 miles, and one of the days do a longer run.

Do you do physical activity? That is a great way to get continue the downward weight shift. If you already exercise, try a new activity, try to use some alternating speed/slow work with aerobic movement. Stength work is also excellent for burning calories.

Also, I find that being out in the heat totally changes my eating habits. I eat much less, drink more, and the weight does come off. Try walking, gardening or biking outside, just becareful of dehydration or too much sun.

I've lost 28 pounds since the spring but now I'm just at a standstill.

I'd like to lose more. Any tricks to smack my metabolism around a bit?

Some people have good luck with L-Carnitine. It revs up your metabolism. Check for contraindications first, please. :001_smile:

Hey Remuda,

I had gotten back into the swing of things last week (remember how we are buds on myfitnesspal but I dropped off there right after friending you?:glare: Now I'm back on the horse!). Anyways I found out about the Up Day Down Day Diet and it has been wonderful for me, for this past week anyways. http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/index.html (JUDDD) There is a calculator on there that you use to find your daily calorie rate. Mine is high because I have a lot to lose, but on an Up day I eat about 2500 calories, and on a down day, like today, I eat 500. It's just the science of calorie cycling. I really like it because even when I feel really deprived on a down day, tomorrow I can eat!!

I am still doing low carb though. It's not a license for me to eat anything. So I am following a very low carb plan, but for me it's not ultra-low because I eat TONS of veggies and some dairy.

I've lost 5 1/2 pounds since Friday. :tongue_smilie: Not saying everyone would have that loss, for me it's typical of starting a new plan. And the JUDDD is not necessarily known for super fast losses, but there is some very good science behind caloric cycling and helping to reset your metabolism to losing.