Menu

I need exercise videos that really give a workout plus easy recipes.....

I am trying to tone up, lose weight, and just all together get healthier. I am really focused on my stomach and thighs. It seems all the videos I am using are slow paced. They work fine for now but I want to progress into a more faster paced workout. Any ideas?

I also need to start planning for dinners and lunches more so that I can control what we all eat. I have been working with helping my kids understand about taking care of their bodies so they don't end up overweight.

Any ideas at all please let me know.

Thank you!

I don't know your diet persausion but the book Saving Dinner has lots of quick and easy meals. Fairly homemade without going into anything too complex or such. I think it is a great starter book for making meal plans that are relatively healthy and easy.

Tracy Anderson's 30 day method will tone you up and you will lose weight. I have never had my body look so good!! She has a diet that goes along with the method, but you may want to add in a little more food if you want this to become a lifestyle change. But it's a good starting point; mostly protein, fruit and veggies.

There are cookbooks like Biggest Loser Family, the Six O'Clock Scramble, Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet and a couple by Devin Alexander that have low fat, low calorie easy to make meals.

The Biggest Loser ones go to low fat for me, but it depends on your preferences. I eat whole eggs and don't eat fat free cheese. Some people do though. All of the ones I mentioned have nutritional information.

Look them up and go to the library and see what else is around them. There might be some helpful ones.

Can't help you with the workouts, I'm just starting. I really like Leslie Sansone, but you sound like you're beyond her. Best wishes!

Oh, if you have on demand cable check and see if you have Exercise TV. We get the on demand one even with our very basic package and they have a ton of workouts they put up.

Netflix instant view and the library are great ways to preview exercise videos for minimal cost.

Tracy Anderson's 30 day method will tone you up and you will lose weight. I have never had my body look so good!! She has a diet that goes along with the method, but you may want to add in a little more food if you want this to become a lifestyle change. But it's a good starting point; mostly protein, fruit and veggies.

This looks good but I guess I should have specified that I am on a major budget being a single mom. It is great though to hear that people rave about her and I am glad you supplied this information for me that I may use it in the future. Thank you!

Netflix instant view and the library are great ways to preview exercise videos for minimal cost.

I am using Netflix now. As of right now they are working great for me but I just like to feel I am busting my butt, kwim? When I work out at the YMCA I feel like I am really working out. I unfortunately can only make it to the Y once a week because of the distance and cost of gas. I do like the idea of the books you have suggested. I have looked at my library for other books but haven't liked what I have found. I will look into those. I am the type of woman who requires practically no food in order to lose weight. My ds is an inch taller than me and weights 60lbs less than me but eats everything in sight. It just isn't fair,lol...

This looks good but I guess I should have specified that I am on a major budget being a single mom. It is great though to hear that people rave about her and I am glad you supplied this information for me that I may use it in the future. Thank you!

If you are thinking there is a "prepackaged" diet that goes along with it, that is not the case. She just lays out a diet for you to follow; regular healthy foods. Some people think it's not enough though, which is why I stated that you might want to add more food to it. But the book is cheap (actually I used a library copy, but ended up purchasing because I love the program so much). So the "diet" shouldn't cost you anything :)

If you are thinking there is a "prepackaged" diet that goes along with it, that is not the case. She just lays out a diet for you to follow; regular healthy foods. Some people think it's not enough though, which is why I stated that you might want to add more food to it. But the book is cheap (actually I used a library copy, but ended up purchasing because I love the program so much). So the "diet" shouldn't cost you anything :)

Ohhhhhh!!! I thought it was a diet package where you had to buy their food and pay to be a part of it. I will definitely look into the book at the library. Thank you so much!:)