Menu

Stressed out over panties!!!

Yeah, I know, it's a weird title but it is true!

My baby girl is 2.5yo and is very small, like just over 20lbs and wears size 18 months clothes (although she is leaning towards 2T finally). She potty trained at 18 months and I can NOT find panties to fit her little tiny bum!!!!!

I have searched every store in the whole country of Malaysia! Now I am in the U.S. and I still can't find any small enough. The smallest ones I found at Target are about 3 times too big!

Anyone else have a tiny toddler and found panties to fit her? The ones she has now are so baggy it is ridiculous. :glare:

I had the same problem with my daughter who potty trained at just over 2 years old. At the time, she was only wearing a 12-18 month clothes and weighed about 18 pounds. I found the Gerber brand training underwear to run small, and it shrank the most when washed on warm or hot. Most panties start at 2T, but Gerber has 18 months if you can find it.

If you don't mind paying more, check out sites that cater to elimination communication. They often have very small sizes.

Lana

We used this kind for a while. They are thicker in the middle but still fabric and they come in teeny sizes.

http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Training-Pants-Month-Pair/dp/B0064ONJDQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1340161489&sr=1-2&keywords=training+pant+18+months

Carter's has these in teeny sizes and they are cute to boot:

http://www.amazon.com/Carters-Girls-Rainbow-Training-Months/dp/B004YJCT7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340161595&sr=8-1&keywords=18+months+underwear

Hanna Andersson has smaller sizes also, their XS is 1.5-3 years and the chart seems pretty small:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/category.aspx?mcn=3&gpId=492&pcPos=10&ggpId=&gpcPos=

Also Ebay have quite a few listed for 18 month size for underwear, some from places like the UK.

Like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNWT-LOVELY-PKT-OF-5-CHARLIE-LOLA-KNICKERS-BRIEFS-/290724945397?pt=UK_Girls_Underwear&var=&hash=item43b08e9df5#ht_2651wt_905

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNWT-LOVELY-GIRLS-PKT-5-DISNEY-PRINCESS-KNICKERS-BRIEFS-/290681452511?pt=UK_Girls_Underwear&var=&hash=item43adf6f7df#ht_2474wt_905

ON ebay i just typed in 18-24 months underwear, seems to be a very common size in the UK for girls.

though I've never looked at their girl panties. I find the boy undies to be pretty small, and they shrink up nicely.

My dds were small and potty trained before 2. At the time we did the little "Hanes Her Way" bikinis in a 2. They had a little more substance and seemed to shrink nicely. I don't know if they still make those or not.

Do you have access to washers and dryers w/ very hot water? My girls were all tiny; not hitting 20lbs until after 3yrs old. I found that the regular 2t character target/walmart panties worked fine if you washed and dryed them on hot a few times. They were a little baggy at first but stayed up. After a few hot cycles, they were smaller than the thick training pants. You have to run the washer and dryer on your hottest setting or it won't shrink enough. Our target panties last forever. My youngest is almost 5 and is still wearing the same ones she wore at 15mos!

The Paul frank undies at target run small and can be shrunk in the washer/dryer. They start at 2t but are not always in stock. I also took the sides of some other 2t undies that seemed very big on my youngest in to make them smaller. She also potty trained early and is my smallest.

My baby girl is 2.5yo and is very small, like just over 20lbs and wears size 18 months clothes (although she is leaning towards 2T finally). She potty trained at 18 months and I can NOT find panties to fit her little tiny bum!!!!!

I have searched every store in the whole country of Malaysia! Now I am in the U.S. and I still can't find any small enough. The smallest ones I found at Target are about 3 times too big!

Anyone else have a tiny toddler and found panties to fit her? The ones she has now are so baggy it is ridiculous. :glare:

My daughters also trained young and my eldest was very slim. We just took a needle and thread to the waists of her undies. The funny thing is that she's going to be 6 in October and still wears those same undies - with the waists still taken in. She finally passed down her 18mo shorts to her baby cousin.:001_smile:

The smallest ones we found were some Sesame Street undies at Wal-Mart. They were much smaller than the Faded Glory ones we bought in the same size.

There's a Hanna Anderson store at Tysons Mall. I can get there easily :auto: before you arrive and have them here waiting for you.

PM me the particulars as far as size if there is anything else I need to know.

and there is a gymboree there -- if i recall, those run really small b/c I used them for dd11 when she was 2 years old -- she is also quite petite.

There's a Hanna Anderson store at Tysons Mall. I can get there easily :auto: before you arrive and have them here waiting for you.

PM me the particulars as far as size if there is anything else I need to know.

and there is a gymboree there -- if i recall, those run really small b/c I used them for dd11 when she was 2 years old -- she is also quite petite.

Is there anything you can NOT do? :D

If you run across any before we get there I will happily pay you for them. She is about 21lbs and is between a size 18 months and a 2T.

Have you looked on etsy, or other selling sites? There is a great pattern by That Darn Kat for undies, size 2 through 8, I believe. If you know someone who sews, maybe you could buy the pattern and have them make you some.

There is no elastic, the waist fabric used is cotton lycra, so it has it's own stretch and recovery.

I subscribe to ottobre design, and they have a similar style. They fit my daughter great 3 years ago. She still somehow manages to wear them, even though they are now snug.

Is there anything you can NOT do? :D

Well, I may not have ALL of the furniture in the guest house painted by the time you arrive...but we can keep that as our little secret, ok?;)

If you run across any before we get there I will happily pay you for them. She is about 21lbs and is between a size 18 months and a 2T.

Absolutely -- :auto: (hoping that gymboree still has the gorgeous pale blue and pink toile patterned little undies).

Heather- we had the same issue with our daughter. I got the smallest ones I could find and just took them in on the sewing machine at the side seams. I did this until she was about 8 yrs old and could wear ones that didn't need altering. She's 30 now and still itty-bitty- wears a size 4, soaking wet. :lol:

My ds5 was like this as a little one. We had to use the toddler training pants style undies up until last year. He just was small and skinny. I think they actually had sizes like 18 mo. We got them at Walmart in the baby section of the store. Kmart had them as well. They were the Gerber ones. If you go to some of the cloth diapering sites, you will find undies (panties) in much smaller sizes. They may be called training pants, but they are undies.

Both my girls were like that. We had good luck with the Gap xxs size and the smallest gymboree size. We also had some tiny size 2 hanes that I found in the baby section of target (with the diapers). There is a Hanna Andersson outlet in Williamsburg if you wind up in that area.