Menu

Poll - Rosetta Stone

Rosetta Stone V.3 - Homeschool Edition - Using Publisher's Full 36 Week Schedule.  

1. 1. Rosetta Stone V.3 - Homeschool Edition - Using Publisher's Full 36 Week Schedule.

• I assign each level a full high school credit (1 Cr.)
    • I assign each level one-half of a high school credit (1/2 Cr.)
    • I assign each level a different credit value OR I supplement to make a full credit.
    • Other

I assign each level a full credit when used with extras such as Barron's E-Z French and a few other things, such as French song cds/books. I purchased the full 5 level homeschool set, so I would like my boys to complete the 5 levels by the time they finish 12th grade, but I will only give credit for 4 years of French using Rosetta Stone.

I would give credit for Spanish I & II (or whatever language one is doing) after completing all 5 levels, including supplementing with additional grammar, culture, and reading. Assigning one year's credit per level implies that a student who completed 5 levels of Rosetta Stone would have a post-AP-level knowledge of the language, would be fluently reading literature in the target language, and could test directly into 300-level (5th semester) college courses. I have never heard of anyone testing out of a course higher than 2nd year/semester after using RS, so I would not give more than 2 years credit for it.

Jackie

I would give credit for Spanish I & II (or whatever language one is doing) after completing all 5 levels, including supplementing with additional grammar, culture, and reading. Assigning one year's credit per level implies that a student who completed 5 levels of Rosetta Stone would have a post-AP-level knowledge of the language, would be fluently reading literature in the target language, and could test directly into 300-level (5th semester) college courses. I have never heard of anyone testing out of a course higher than 2nd year/semester after using RS, so I would not give more than 2 years credit for it.

Jackie

:iagree:

We are using Rosetta Stone but I am giving my students zero credit for it. I've tried to work supplementary materials into their study but those seem to flounder and fall away. So, we are using RS for exposure to the language, not for credit. We plan to sign them up at the CC for dual enrollment to get the credits they need.