Menu

SQUEEE!!! *Happy Dance*

Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh!!!

Wolf is home today, and we went to go grocery shopping.

On the way there, the radio announced that the jewelery store that we'd just bought his new wedding band at was closing Sat, and had dropped their prices even further.

All I said was, "Oh wow."

(Backstory here: When Wolf and I got married, we were uber broke...and he felt horrid about not being able to get me an engagement ring that he wanted. I told him I didn't want one. He could get me one, a nice one (LOL) for our 10th wedding anniversary...which is next Apr)

Wolf pulls up to the jewelery store. :001_huh: "Lets go see what they have."

So, away we go. He picks out one engagement ring that doesn't really thrill me...he's not keen on the one I'm eyeing (but not 'oh wow' taken w/). Plus, b/c they're closing on Sat, it would mean that Wolf would have to make a 3+ hr round trip to pick the ring up after sizing. Eww.

So, I'm about to give up. Then Wolf suggests, "How about a whole new wedding set?" and points to the bridal sets.

There's one that just wows me. Get it out of the case, and put it on...just so it's stacked on my original wedding band.

"Hang on a sec...Honey, this actually fits!"

Wolf, "We'll take it."

I just about hyperventilate and pass out. Seriously. I never DREAMED of ever having such a lovely incredible ring. Just freaking WOW.

Hrs later, and I'm still completely stunned. I love that I can wear them on top of my original band, b/c I *wasn't* taking that one off. I don't care how fancy schmancy the new one was :lol:

If I find my camera cord, I'll post a pic.

I keep staring down at my hand w/a goofy grin, just...wow.

ringpic-1.jpg

I can't get a really good pic...or rather, Diva can't.

There's a solitare in the centre of the top band, and then a white gold divider, 2 diamonds on top of ea other, another white gold divider, then a single diamond, so 7 diamonds total.

The band has 6 diamonds w/the same divider btwn them as the top.

Plain gold band is my orig wedding band.

Update again:

found pretty much the same ring, except mine has rectangular white gold dividers btwn the diamonds

Punch in

1528-198-Significant-B1302-B1302WD in the search box at this link:

http://wrightsjewellers.com/jewellery/shop-jewellery/

Edited by Impish

Go find the cord, woman! We want to see.

(Hmm.. someone ought to start a wedding band thread with pix.)

No kidding!

Imp, the cord is NOT on your finger! Stop looking there long enough to find the cord!!

I love when these things fall into place.

WOW! How exciting!

Happy Engagement/Wedding/10th Anniversary!!!

PICTURE???????

astrid

:lol:

10th isn't til next Apr...Wolf suggested I should have to wait until then to get the rings.

Yeah. That lasted about 32 seconds :lol:

I finally get done teaching math and come on to write the post you wanted me to write on you having to feed Boo and you post the picture. It's like you want to make me a liar or something! :D

Beautiful ring, BTW! :001_smile:

Sorry! Took me that long to fight w/the puter, restart it, suggest photobucket do unmentionable things to itself, and finally get them uploaded, LOL

SQUEEE!!! Gorgeous!!

I'm still in shock! :lol:

Honestly, jewelery isn't something I pay attention to. It wasn't something that I particularily ooohed and awww'd over unless it was admiring someone else's. I'd tease Wolf from time to time about 'owing' me a ring on our 10th anniversary, but never had anything in mind...just a running joke btwn us.

I'm honestly shocked at my reaction. I mean, I loved my wedding band b/c it was my wedding band. Tangible symbol of being Wolf's wife, if that makes sense.

That I'd get all giddy over a ring just never occurred to me...until it happened.

Thanks, Scarlett!

I'm such a goof. It was raining and just dreary yesterday. Today, sun is out and lovely. Wolf caught me staring at my rings in the sunlight.

I feel like Jeremy in the Secret of NIMH. "SPARKLY!!!!" :lol:

It's beautiful!

suggest photobucket do unmentionable things to itself, and finally get them uploaded, LOL

LOL! I frequently suggest unmentionable things that photobucket can do to itself. That's right, I'm looking at you photobucket!

Thanks, Scarlett!

I'm such a goof. It was raining and just dreary yesterday. Today, sun is out and lovely. Wolf caught me staring at my rings in the sunlight.

I feel like Jeremy in the Secret of NIMH. "SPARKLY!!!!" :lol:

Awww, it's sweet. James Bond got me a new set for our 10th that is so beautiful that 7 years after getting it I still stare at it sometimes in the sunlight. My precious!