Menu

What is wrong with me? Why are we so complicated?

It's really weird but after struggling with infertility for years and multiple miscarriages, I still get jealous when someone tells me they are pregnant. Even though I am currently pregnant! It makes no sense what so ever. Here I am pregnant with my second and I feel the pang of jealousy. How weird is that??

Sometimes it is that the person has no trouble getting pregnant or has many many kids but I ask myself, would I want anyone to have trouble getting pregnant? No! Would I want anyone to experience the heartbreak with the loss of a much wanted pregnancy? No! Multiple times? Absolutely not. So I just try to reason with myself and think about everything I have and how happy I am for them.

I have no real answers at all for you, I don't know why it happens or how to stop it, but wanted you to know you weren't alone in your weird jealousy feelings. :)

I don't know why that bothers me either. I had two kids, and I had NO clue if I had a preference the second time. I just remember sitting in the ultrasound room and when I found out it was a girl I was excited. But then I spend my entire pregnancy hearing how lucky I am and "Oh I'll bet your excited that you got a girl this time," etc. It really irritated me! I had friend with 2 boys, and we were pregnant at the same time with girls and she got the same thing.

I don't think you're weird. These things happen to us from time to time. We're weak, in general, as human beings. There's not always logic behind it. I think baby and pregnancy issues stir up a lot of emotions in the friends and relatives of the expecting mom, not just the mom!

Thank you so much.... Both for understanding my inexplicable feelings AND not condemning me for them. ;). Sometimes stuff just pops up out of the blue and catches me totally off guard.

It is good you can admit it and talk about it. Sometimes I have something similar happen, and when I can express my thoughts as you did, it is so much easier to go along with my day.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Not this exact thing, but the wonderful human brain, so able to imagine things, cannot be expected to make every imaging, forseeing, fantasy, dream etc to be wholly pleasant.

You are a big girl and you'll get over it. :grouphug: