Menu

Accreditation

Does anyone know what you have to do to become an accreditor of homeschool classes? I know the steps to take; I just don't know what all it entails. Any ideas, particularly in GA?

FYI: GA is the only state that has such a thing.

To get you started, here is a link to Bev in B'ville's explanation about becoming accredited in GA. She is very helpful and has even posted it is okay to private message her if anyone wanted more details. 🙂

BEST of luck! Warmly, Lori D.

Edited by Lori D.

The Georgia Accrediting Commission is the organization you are interested in. Homeschool falls under Non-Traditional Educational Centers. You can see the standards here:

http://www.coe.uga.edu/gac/standards/non_traditional_ed_ctr.html

You can contact one of the consultants on the website for more information:

http://www.coe.uga.edu/gac/about/consultants.html

I talked to Bob Boyd, who was very helpful. In my case, he was very helpful in making me realize *I* didn't want to go to all of that work, so I don't know much more about the process.

I talked to Bob Boyd, who was very helpful. In my case, he was very helpful in making me realize *I* didn't want to go to all of that work, so I don't know much more about the process.

What did he say to convince you of that? What did you do instead?

What did he say to convince you of that? What did you do instead?

For me, it was mostly the paperwork, record-keeping, and visits (that you have to pay for by the hour.) I decided it was less stress (and possibly not more money) to just pay one of the already existing ISPs to evaluate the courses that I had already set up. We went with Westridge.

• 3 years later...