Menu

What are tags? Why am I not getting emails on all private messages?

I can't seem to find what tags are and how they work with searches. Can anyone explain?

Also, I am not receiving emails telling me I have a private message even though this feature is enabled in my profile. Until this week, I have always gotten notifications via email for private messages. Anyone know what might be the issue?

Thanks!

Darlene

I just did my signature, hopefully it works. I also found where to set up for emails on control panel. There were two places, one was to highlight for instant emails, then further down in Messaging and Notifications there was another box you had to check for private messages to be emailed. Just wondering if you had done both? I do not know if this will actually work on mine since I just figured it out, lol!

Gina, on my profile I have the following checked so that that feature is enabled:

Receive email from administrators & other members

Instant email notification for thread subscriptions

Private Messaging

Email notification of private messages

Show new private message notification pop-up (if online)

Enable visitor messaging

I have always received instant email notifications for private messages in the past and my settings have not changed. I can't figure out why I am not getting notifications on some of my messages, but I do on others.

Yes, I would like to know for sure. However, I was on some other post (can't recall which one) and I clicked the word "tags" and it showed me a bunch of words related to that post. It appears that you can put in things that pertain to your post or items for sale. For example if I was selling an Apologia chemistry book I could tag the post with words such as "science", "Apologia", "chemistry". If I was selling an item that is used with Veritas Press materials or Sonlight, I could add tags for that. I think you get the picture.

I usually just search the forum for what I am looking for so I am not sure how tags help me. I sure wish someone would enlighten us!

Darlene

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Underneath the thread, you see a box. On one side of the box there is a link that says 'Tags'. On the other side of the box is a link that says 'Edit Tags' If you click 'Edit Tags' you can add tags from there.

I hope that helps.

I knew how to add tags under old system. However, I still cannot locate tag add feature for new system although we can still search by thread tag in the new system.